Affirmation Challenge Day 6 [Self-Worth]: ‘I’m worthy of love, success, and happiness.’
This is Day 6 of the 15-Day Affirmation Challenge where hundreds of participants around the world gather to practice positive affirmations for 15 days in July 2014. The challenge is now over, but you can do the tasks in your own time. Visit the overview page for all Affirmation Challenge tasks and posts.
Dear everyone, welcome to Day 6 of our 15-Day Affirmation Challenge! 😀
Here is the overview of all the posts for the challenge so far:
- Affirmation Challenge announcement and signup details: 15-Day Affirmation Challenge | 430 Participants!
- Affirmation Challenge Day 1 [New Beginning] | 66 Comments
- Affirmation Challenge Day 2 [Self-Love] | 68 Comments
- Affirmation Challenge Day 3 [Ability] | 67 Comments
- Affirmation Challenge Day 4 [Setbacks] | 34 Comments
- Affirmation Challenge Day 5 [Gratitude] | 21 Comments
Now, let’s move to today’s task, which is on…
Day 6: [Self-Worth]
Today’s affirmation: “I’m worthy of love, success, and happiness.”
In all my five (now going on six) years of coaching, one issue I’ve observed among many clients, workshop participants, and readers is the feeling of low self-worth. This low self-worth can be the result of negative childhood stories, setbacks (be it when they are young or in their adult years), or things not going their way. With my coachees, I’d then work with them on understanding their negative self-beliefs, unrooting them, and then replacing them with empowering beliefs.
Now, depending on your level of self-confidence, you may not think that you have low self-worth. After all, you believe in yourself, you are generally happy, and you have a relatively positive mindset. Low self-worth doesn’t apply to me, you think.
While this may be true, the issue of low self-worth is more elusive than you may think. Just because one has a healthy level of self-confidence in general doesn’t mean that he/she is always confident. For example, the successful manager may be an unstoppable leader in the office, but suffers from low self-worth whenever he’s alone in his bathroom, staring at the reflection of his overweight self in the mirror. The happy-go-lucky lady may be joking and laughing whenever she’s out with her friends, but doubts her femininity as she’s not able to attract the kind of relationship she wants. The proud father may be the commander and steady rock of his household, but has moments of fear as he worries about his job security and ability to care for his family.
We all have moments of low self-worth, whether we are the average everyday Joe/Jane or a champion superstar like Tiger Woods, Oprah Winfrey, or Donald Trump. Rather than ignore these feelings (which you may normally do), today I’d like you to acknowledge them, and then transform these negative self-beliefs into positive ones. Now, let’s get started!
Your Task Today
- Identify an area of your life where you are experiencing some self-doubt now. This may be an area where you’ve felt negative about all your life. It may be an area where you didn’t feel negative about before, but you are starting to due to one negative setback after another. For example, it can be…
- …your weight where you have been having difficulty gaining/losing weight (seems like a common issue area for many participants)
- …your career where you can’t find a job opportunity in your desired field despite many tries
- …romance where you have trouble finding a good partner
- …your studies where you’re not doing as well as you wish
- Identify your dream vision for this area. For example:
- Weight: To be at my ideal weight of XX kg/pounds
- Career: To be in my dream career in field [X], doing [Y] work every day
- Relationships: To be in a loving relationship with a great guy/girl
- Studies: To be a Straight-A student and Dean’s Lister (This one is for you, Participant “Educate Yourself”! 😉 )
- Create your affirmative belief in this area, in the form of “I deserve [dream vision].” For example:
- Weight: “I deserve to be at my ideal weight of XX kg/pounds.”
- Career: “I deserve to be in my dream career in field [X], doing [Y] work every day.”
- Relationships: “I deserve to be in a loving relationship with a great guy/girl.”
- Studies: “I deserve to be a Straight-A student and Dean’s Lister.”
- Say your new belief(s), along with today’s affirmation:
“I’m worthy of love, success, and happiness.”
(If you think it’s silly to say them out loud, you can say them silently in your heart.)
I encourage you to write down your new belief(s) and today’s affirmation so that you can always see them and commit them to your heart. Repeat them every day to yourself, for as many times and as long as needed, until they become part of your default thinking.
Affirmation Wallpaper: [Self-Worth]
Today’s affirmation wallpaper, for download:
- How to Be The Most Confident Person In The World — My article on how to be self-confident
- How to Achieve 10/10 Self-Esteem — For Life! — My two-hour breakthrough webinar about how to achieve 10/10 self-esteem… permanently. It’s a build on the key concepts that I wrote in my article, along with practical steps to apply them. Comes with audio podcast version too!
Share Your Results!
Share your results, check out other participants’ responses, and interact with each other in the comments section! Remember, this challenge is a community effort: by openly engaging in the discussion, not only will you help others, you’ll also help yourself.
If you think today’s affirmation has benefited you, do share it with your friends and family via Facebook, Twitter, G+, or email.
Once you’re done, proceed to Day 7 here: Affirmation Challenge, Day 7 [Opportunities]