I’m the writer behind Personal Excellence. This is where I share more about myself and how I started my blog. If you’re new here, visit my Start Here guide first.
How I Started PE
Have you ever wondered what the purpose of life is? Born in a very material Singapore, I was taught to do well in school, get a great job, and earn lots of money. This was what everyone said was important; this was what I was told to do without question.
So I pursued these goals fervently. When I was 20, I was on the Dean’s List, had secured a well-paying job at a Fortune 100 company, and would later graduate as the top student in my specialization of Marketing in NUS Business School, one of the top business schools in Asia.
I soon realized there is more to life than just getting a good job, earning lots of money, or following any life script for that matter. When I was 21, I discovered my life purpose to grow and help others grow. By working on ourselves and growing to become better individuals, we can uplift those around us and create a more positive planet for everyone. Instead of living in fear and separation, we can vibrate in love and oneness, and hopefully one day unite the world as one.
So in 2008, I quit my job and started Personal Excellence, writing articles, conducting training workshops, and giving one-to-one coaching. With persistent action and a lot of hard work, I grew PE into one of the top self-help sites in less than three years.
- PE is a trusted authority on self-help with over 700 articles, podcasts, and videos on personal growth, receiving nearly half a million pageviews a month.
- We have a global readership from over 200 countries, including the US, the UK, Australia, Europe, Canada, and Singapore.
- I’ve been featured over 80 times in the media, sharing my insights on CNN, Business Insider, CBS Business Network, Lifehacker, Bloomberg, Channel News Asia, and many more.
- I have worked with thousands of clients to achieve their definition of success. My readers range from students in their teens, to professionals and senior executives, to entrepreneurs, to busy parents.
- I’ve worked with organizations such as Wharton Business School, Dove, Kimberly Clark, JobsCentral, Ministry of Defence, National Library Board, Singapore Institute of Management, Nanyang Institute of Management, and NUS Global Alumni Network.
The central goal of my site is to help you be your best self and live your best life. Through my work, I hope to help you be the best version of yourself and to achieve your highest definition of success, from improving your productivity to letting go of toxic relationships to achieving personal mastery.
Thanks for being here. It means a lot to me. I look forward to supporting you in your growth. :)
Lots of Love,
- I’m a wife, a mum to a very active two-year-old daughter, and a vegan. I became vegetarian in 2008, driven by non-cruelty, environmental, and health reasons, and a vegan in 2019.
- Born in 1984 in Singapore, and raised here. Pre-covid and pre-motherhood, I traveled frequently around the world, immersing myself in different cultures. These days, I’m based in Singapore with my family.
- My life purpose is “To achieve my highest potential and live my best life. To touch others’ lives and unite the world as one.” PE is the direct channel through which I pursue my purpose.
- For more about me, read these articles:
- How I Discovered My Life Purpose (series)
- My History Growing Up in a Household of Anger and How I Let Go of It (series)
- My Journey with Emotional Eating and How I Overcame it (series)
- Why I Used To Feel Inferior about My Looks and Why I No Longer Feel That Way
- How I Found My Place as a Female in This World (series)
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents (series)
- How I Found My Soulmate, Part 1: My Journey in Love (series)
My Media Features
Here are some of my past media features:
(For all my media features, visit my Media section.)