“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
Hi there! 🙂 I’m Celestine Chua (Celes for short) and I’m the writer and founder of Personal Excellence, the number one resource for people passionate about achieving excellence in life.
Personal Excellence is where I share my best material on how to live your best life. Since starting it in 2008, it has grown to become one of the top self-help sites in the world. Some quick notes about PE:
- One of the top personal development sites with over 400,000 pageviews a month.
- Has an international readership with readers from over 200 countries/territories. Our readers come from all walks of life and range from young adults in their 20s to over 60 years old.
- A trusted authority and go-to source on personal development. Here, you’ll find over 700 high quality articles, podcasts, and videos to live your best life. The material at PE is regularly cited in education portals and school curriculum.
- Featured over 80 times in the media, including CNN, Bloomberg, Business Insider, CBS Business Network, Lifehacker, Sun-Herald, The Sunday Age, and Channel News Asia. (See my media coverage)
While I write about personal growth on PE, I do not have all the answers. You do. I’m simply here to guide them out of you.
Check out my premium 30-day program to live a better life, Live a Better Life in 30 Days, and my 30-day program on character development, Be a Better Me in 30 Days. I also run live courses which are announced only to newsletter subscribers. (Join my newsletter to be notified of my next course!)
Thank you for being here, for reading PE, and for being a part of my community. 🙂 While PE is my full-time career, it is more than that to me — it is my life. I look forward to walking through life’s journey together with you!
Some Notes About Me
- My greatest passion is to help you grow and achieve your highest potential in life. My life purpose is: “To achieve my highest potential and live my best life. To touch others’ lives and help others achieve their highest potential.” My values are Excellence, Love, and Truth.
- I consume a plant-based diet that is largely filled with whole foods. I adopted a vegetarian diet in Jan 2008 as a 30-day experiment, and decided to stick with it for health, non-cruelty, and environmental reasons.
- I married my soulmate in 2014 and gave birth to my baby girl in 2019. ❤️ Learn how to find your soulmate (series)
- I was born and raised in Singapore, but I consider myself a citizen of the world. I travel frequently and I find that one of the best ways to grow is to immerse myself in different cultures. (Check out my PE meetups around the world)
- Prior to starting PE, I studied at NUS Business School (2003-2006), one of the top business schools in Asia, where I was on the Dean’s List and graduated as the top student in Marketing. After graduating, I worked in a well-paying job at a Fortune 100 firm, before quitting in 2008 to pursue my life purpose and start PE.
My Media Features
Here are some of my media features:
On Good Morning Singapore!, a morning segment on Channel 8, sharing my vision board
For more of my past media features, click here.
I’ve been profiled in Soul Sisters, a documentary about inspiring women in Singapore. Click below for a look into my daily life:
Articles About Me
Through my articles at PE, I share many personal stories about my life. Here are some to start with:
- How I Discovered My Purpose In Life (series)
- How I Found My Soulmate in Life (series)
- How I Moved On From a Heartbreak (series)
- My History Growing Up in a Household of Anger and How I Let Go of It (series)
- How I Found My Place as a Female (series)
- My Journey with Emotional Eating and How I Overcame it (series)
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents (series)
- Why I Used To Feel Inferior about My Looks and Why I No Longer Feel That Way
- How I Used to Be Afraid of Intimidating Men and Why It Does Not Faze Me Anymore
- How I Began to Love My Body (series)
- Other articles in About Celes
Get My Best Tips on Personal Growth
Ready to walk with me in our life’s journey? Join my free newsletter and get my free updates and articles on personal growth. I look forward to seeing you on the inside! 🙂