Welcome to PersonalExcellence.co! I’m Celestine Chua, founder of this website. If you are passionate about living your best life, then you are at the right place. 🙂
Back in 2006, I discovered my passion and purpose to help others achieve their highest potential in life. In 2008, I quit my well-paying job at a prestigious Fortune 100 company, where I was managing multi-million businesses and working on billion-dollar global brands, to start Personal Excellence.
In less than three years, I built PersonalExcellence.co into one of the largest personal development blogs in the world with over a million pageviews a month. In the past 10 years, I have worked with tens of thousands of clients to discover their purpose and achieve their best career, relationships, health, and goals. I’ve been interviewed over 70 times in the media, including CNN, Channel News Asia, Bloomberg, Business Insider, and CBS (see my media features here). My work is regularly referenced in media publications and school curriculum and I’ve been quoted by business leaders such as Richard Branson and Ivanka Trump. Personal Excellence has a global audience from over 200 countries/territories.
My greatest passion in life is to help you achieve your highest potential and live your best life. On this website, you will find many articles, podcasts, courses, and resources to help you in your growth. Through my materials, I aim to help you achieve your highest version of happiness and live your best life.
Personal growth is not something you do for a day and declare yourself done. It’s something that you commit to for life. I’ve committed myself to personal growth and to supporting you in your growth. And I hope you’ll give me the chance to walk with you in your life’s journey. 🙂
A Quick Summary About Me
- My life purpose is to help others achieve their highest potential and live their best life. While a tall order, I hope to inch forward in my dream to unite the world as one in my current lifetime.
- I’m from Singapore and I graduated as the top marketing graduate from the National University of Singapore (2006), one of the top business schools in Asia. I was on the Dean’s List every academic year and was awarded the Daimler Chrysler Prize, Ban Hin Leong Gold Medal, and Chettiar’s Temple Medal, awards given to the most outstanding student in the cohort.
- I train and speak on personal development. Organizations I’ve worked with include The Wharton School, Dove, Kimberly Clark, The Asia Business Forum, JobsCentral, Ministry of Defence, Singapore Institute of Management, National Library Board, and NUS Global Alumni Network.
- I was born in June 1984. I’m married and I share my love story here.
- I’ve been profiled in Soul Sisters, a documentary about inspiring women in Singapore. Watch the episode for a look into my daily life:
- I regard the world as my home and have lived in different places, including Eastern Europe, United States, London, Western Europe, and Thailand. I spend a good amount of my time overseas each year and have been to many parts of Asia, Europe, the United States, South Africa, and India.
- My core values are Excellence, Love, and Truth.
Through my articles at PE, I share many personal stories about my life. Here are some to start with:
- How I Discovered My Purpose In Life
- My Journey with Emotional Eating and How I Overcame it
- My History with Anger and How I Let Go of It
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents
- Why I Used To Feel Inferior about My Looks and Why I No Longer Feel That Way
- How I Began to Love My Body
- The Day I Quit My Job to Pursue My Passion
- How I Grew Up with Repressed Femininity and Eventually Found My Place as a Female
- How I Found My Soulmate in Life
Get My Best Tips on Personal Growth
Through my content and courses, many readers have transformed their lives for the better. Below are just some out of the many feedback I have received over the years:
“Absolutely love your writing. Your articles resonate very powerfully with me and I look forward to reading and continuing my leadership and skill development using your advice and experiential wisdom. Thank you for helping this 35-year-old father of 2 become the best father, professional, leader, and all round person he can be.” – Greg, United States
“Celes, I came to know of you when I accidentally stumbled on your esteemed site ‘Personal Excellence’ on Google. I felt as if I’ve dug out a diamond in a jungle.” – Kevin, United States
“Hi Celes! Just wanted to let you know that thanks to your podcast, I was motivated enough to draw and just finished wrapping up the first 5 chapters of my manga as Volume 1. 🙂 Been doing that since March. Right now I’m starting Volume 2. So glad to be working on something I love.” – Jessica, Puerto Rico
“I took part in your first Soulmate Journey course. I recently got attached and will be getting married next year. Thanks for your coaching as I feel blessed to have found my soulmate cum hubby-to-be. Thank you!” — C, Singapore
“I follow your writing and recommend your blog to my friends and colleagues here in Casablanca, Morocco. Your blog has changed many things in my family and work. Thank you.” — Nezha, Morocco
“Your articles have been an eye opener. I have subscribed to many personal development sites and blogs, and most of them just seem to rehash, rewrite and publish the same advice over and over again. But I was surprised to see that you don’t do that. I feel that you really live the life of higher consciousness from what you have written. The clarity and truth of your writing resonates deep. I have to say, I am one step ahead in my enlightenment just from reading your blog. ” — Dr. Nishida, India
“I have been reading PE for almost a decade ago now. I don’t like self-help books or sites and I don’t remember which article of yours I clicked on from Google, but you were totally different from everyone else. So I started reading everything! You have helped me through many things: prioritization, identifying toxic relationships, saying no, improving communication skills, accepting myself, etc. There are not enough words to express my gratitude. Thank you for doing what you do and for helping complete strangers live better lives and be better people.” – A, USA
“Hi Celes, I did your purpose exercise. As a true skeptic I thought it would never work, however in less than 30 minutes I was crying my eyes out. Thank you for being the person that you are. You are doing an amazing job at living your life purpose. 🙂 ” — Leonie, Sweden
“Hi Celes, next month I’ll be taking on a new job which pays 40% higher than what I currently earn in a top MNC. This is a testimony of the unbelievable results just after two months of taking your Anti-Procrastination Course. Thank you! =) ” — Alex, Singapore
Don't miss an update. Join my free newsletter to get my free weekly tips on personal growth, course offers, and exclusive updates that I send only to subscribers.