“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
Hi! I’m Celestine Chua, the writer and founder of PersonalExcellence.co. Call me Celes please! If you are passionate about living your best life, then you are at the right place. 🙂
Born and raised in Singapore, I grew up pursuing staunch academic and financial goals to get good grades and get a great job with a good pay. This was the purpose I was inculcated since young; this was the life path that was repeatedly drummed into me by my teachers and the Singapore society. When I was in university, I studied in NUS Business School (2003-2006), one of the top business schools in Asia. During my studies, I was a Dean’s Lister in every academic year and graduated as the top marketing student. Two years prior to my scheduled graduation, I secured a prestigious job (in brand management) at a Fortune 100 company.
However, as I started to ask questions and become more conscious as a human being, I realized that many of the things that I was taught in school and by society were nothing but false purposes. There is much more to life than just getting good grades, earning a lot of money, or being wrapped up in self-involved pursuits. When I asked myself what’s the most meaningful thing I could do in my life; what’s the highest, most purposeful thing I could do in life, I realized that the heart of the human existence is consciousness. As a result, the best thing I could do, to make the best out of my limited time on Earth, is to raise my consciousness and raise the consciousness of the world.
So in Sep 2008, I quit my well-paying job to pursue my passion to help others grow. To help others achieve their highest potential and live their best lives. With zero startup capital, I started Personal Excellence in Dec 2008. It has since evolved to become:
- One of the top personal development sites in the world with readers from over 200 countries/territories.
- A trusted authority and go-to source for all things personal development. My work is regularly referenced in school curriculum, educational portals, and media sites. Here, you’ll find over 700 high quality articles, podcasts, videos, and manifestos on how to live your best life.
- I’m featured regularly on print, TV and online media, including: CNN, Bloomberg, Business Insider, CBS, Sun-Herald, The Sunday Age, Channel News Asia, Asia One, Today, The Straits Times, Lianhe Zaobao, Lianhe Wanbao, Simply Her magazine, Singapore Women’s Weekly, My Paper, and 938Live radio.
- I’ve been invited to share my journey in blogging, entrepreneurship, and personal development. I have spoken at Wharton Business School (University of Pennsylvania), Kimberly Clark, The Asia Business Forum, de Baak (leading training institute in Holland), Ministry of Defence, JobsCentral, NUS Global Alumni Network, People’s Association, National Library, Singapore Institute of Management, and more.
- I have worked with thousands of individuals from all over the world to help them in their goals, business, relationships, health, and life. My readers and clients range from young adults in their 20s to over 70 years old. I run regular online courses on different topics on personal development, from overcoming procrastination to stress management to finding love. (Join my newsletter to be notified of my next course!)
Personal Excellence has been my full-time job since I started in Dec 2008. While PE is my full-time career, it is more than just that to me: it is my life, blood and purpose. This is what I plan to do till the day I die.
I’d like to thank you for being here, reading the blog, and making a difference in my life. 🙂 And I look forward to walking through life’s journey together with you!
- My greatest passion is to help you achieve your highest potential and live your best life. The purpose which I live by every day, and consequently my mission statement for Personal Excellence, is: “To achieve my highest potential and live my best life. To help others achieve their highest potential and unite the world as one.”
- My values are Excellence, Love, Compassion, and Truth. I believe in standing for what’s right, being true to who you are, setting the highest standards for yourself and achieving them, and treating others with kindness and respect.
- I was born in June 1984. 🙂
- I got married to my soulmate on 25 May 2014. More on how we met (and how you can find your soulmate too): How I Met My Soulmate in Life
- I’m a frequent traveler and have traveled across Asia, Europe, and America, conducting PE reader meetups (check out past meetups here). Some places I’ve lived in include London, United States, Western Europe (Holland, Germany, Paris), Eastern Europe (Serbia, Hungary), Chiang Mai, Bali, and various parts of Asia. I’m passionate about traveling as it exposes me to new cultures, connects with new people, and lets me experience new insights.
- Prior to PE, I did brand management in a Fortune 100 company, managing billion-dollar brands in Asia Pacific for two years, before eventually quitting in 2008 to pursue my passion to help others grow.
My Notable Features
Here are some of my past media features and speaking engagements:
For more of my past media features, click here.
I’ve been profiled in Soul Sisters, a documentary about inspiring women in Singapore. Click below for a look into my daily life:
Articles About Me
Through my articles at PE, I share many personal stories about my life. Here are some to start with:
- How I Discovered My Purpose In Life (series)
- How I Found My Soulmate in Life (series)
- How I Moved On From a Heartbreak (series)
- My History Growing Up in a Household of Anger and How I Let Go of It (series)
- My Journey with Emotional Eating and How I Overcame it (series)
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents (series)
- Why I Used To Feel Inferior about My Looks and Why I No Longer Feel That Way
- The Night I Cried
- How I Used to Be Afraid of Intimidating Men and Why It Does Not Faze Me Anymore
- Other articles under About Celes
Get My Best Tips on Personal Growth
Ready to walk with me in our life’s journey? Join my free newsletter and get my free updates and articles on personal growth. I look forward to seeing you on the inside! 🙂