Hi! I’m Celestine Chua, the writer behind Personal Excellence, where I share my best material on how to live your best life.
I started Personal Excellence in 2008, driven by my passion to raise the world’s consciousness and help others live more consciously. Since then, PE has become
- One of the top self-help sites with over 400k pageviews a month. My readers come from all over the world, including the US, UK, Australia, Europe, Singapore, India, and Canada.
- Trusted authority on self-help with over 700 articles, podcasts, and videos. My material is regularly used in education courses and school curriculum.
- Featured over 80 times in the media, including CNN, Bloomberg, Business Insider, CBS Business Network, Lifehacker, Sun-Herald, The Sunday Age, and Channel News Asia.
While I write about personal growth, I do not claim to be a guru or to know all the answers. I’m simply here to share what’s worked for me and to guide you to live your best life.
Check out my 30-day programs Live a Better Life in 30 Days and Be a Better Me in 30 Days, which are on-demand courses that you can do in your own time. I also run live courses which I announce via my newsletter. (Join my newsletter to be in the loop of my next course!)
Thank you for being here. While PE is my business and livelihood, it is also more than that to me — it is my life, blood, and purpose. I look forward to walking through life’s journey together with you!
Quick Notes About Me
- My greatest passion is to help you grow and achieve your highest potential.
- My values are Excellence, Love, and Truth.
- I’m from Singapore but I consider myself a citizen of the world. I’m a frequent traveler and have traveled across Europe, U.S., and Asia, including living in London, US, Serbia, Hungary, and Chiang Mai. (Check out my PE reader meetups around the world.)
- I’m married to my soulmate and we are proud parents to our baby girl.
- I consume a plant-based diet, with a focus on whole foods. I’ve been a vegetarian since 2008 and transited to a whole-food plant-based diet recently in 2018.
- Prior to starting PE, I studied at NUS Business School (2003-2006), one of the top business schools in Asia, where I was on the Dean’s List and graduated as the top student in Marketing. After graduating, I worked at a multinational Fortune 100 firm before quitting to start PE.
My Media Features
Here are some of my media features:
On Good Morning Singapore!, a morning segment on Channel 8, sharing my vision board
Panelist at the Wharton Business School’s Annual Marketing Conference in Philadelphia[/caption]
For more of my past media features, click here.
I’ve been profiled in Soul Sisters, a documentary about inspiring women in Singapore. Click below for a look into my daily life:
Articles About Me
Through the articles at PE, I share many personal stories about my life. Here are some to start with:
- How I Discovered My Purpose In Life (series)
- How I Found My Soulmate in Life (series)
- How I Moved On From a Heartbreak (series)
- My History Growing Up in a Household of Anger and How I Let Go of It (series)
- How I Found My Place as a Female (series)
- My Journey with Emotional Eating and How I Overcame it (series)
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents (series)
- Why I Used To Feel Inferior about My Looks and Why I No Longer Feel That Way
- How I Used to Be Afraid of Intimidating Men and Why It Does Not Faze Me Anymore
- How I Began to Love My Body (series)
- Other articles in About Celes
Get My Best Tips on Personal Growth
Ready to walk with me in our life’s journey? Join my free newsletter and get my free updates and articles on personal growth. I look forward to seeing you on the inside! 🙂