This is the first catch-up day for the 15-Day Affirmation Challenge where hundreds of participants around the world gather to practice positive affirmations for 15 days in July 2014. The challenge is now over, but you can do the tasks in your own time. Visit the overview page for all Affirmation Challenge tasks and posts.
Dear everyone, welcome to the first catch-up day of our 15-Day Affirmation Challenge! 😀 We are already at the week-one mark of the challenge!
Today is the first of the two break days (the next one will be after Day 14 and before Day 15), and your task is as follows! 😀
Part 1: Catch Up!
Currently behind in the challenge? Not to worry, as today is your day to catch up! 😀 Get up to speed on all seven affirmation tasks before we start on Day 8 tomorrow. Read the tasks, do the steps, and share your results in the comments section!
Here are the seven affirmations so far (click into each day’s posts to see the details — remember, it’s not just about saying the affirmations and singing Kumbaya, but about doing conscious self-reflection and action steps):
- Day 1 [New Beginning]: “Today is a brand new day. My past does not define me. My future is mine to create.”
- Day 2 [Self-Love]: “I love myself unconditionally.”
- Day 3 [Ability]: “I can achieve anything I want, as long as I set my heart to it.”
- Day 4 [Setbacks]: “I’ve the power to overcome any obstacle that stands in my way.”
- Day 5 [Gratitude]: “I’m grateful for everything in my life.”
- Day 6 [Self-Worth]: “I’m worthy of love, success, and happiness.”
- Day 7 [Opportunities]: “Opportunities are everywhere. It’s up to me to find (or create) them and MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.”
Part 2: Share, Engage, and Interact!
If you’re up to speed, but haven’t been sharing your answers… then please, use this day to post your daily results in the discussion threads! 😀
Remember, it’s the sharing where you crystallize your lessons, give others the opportunity to know you, and get to learn from other’s feedback. Your challenge experience is entirely dependent on your involvement. If you stay passive, you’ll get a passive, one-way learning experience; if you open up and share, you may find that it paves the way for something new to come. 🙂
Like I mentioned in Day 4’s post, share whatever you can, in a way you are comfortable with. You don’t need to share your deepest darkest secrets if you don’t feel comfortable with it! However little or much is fine; even selective sharing is okay too. The key is to just take the step forward and SHARE. The universe will reciprocate when you open yourself, because it’s a sign that you’re now ready for new (good) things to enter your life.
If you’re up to speed and have been sharing… then check out the other participants’ responses and interact with each other! Share your thoughts on their situations (be it health-, career-, romance-, or family-related), give advice if any, and most importantly, encourage them!
Here are the daily posts and the discussion threads:
- Affirmation Challenge Day 1 [New Beginning] | 72 Comments
- Affirmation Challenge Day 2 [Self-Love] | 72 Comments
- Affirmation Challenge Day 3 [Ability] | 77 Comments
- Affirmation Challenge Day 4 [Setbacks] | 48 Comments
- Affirmation Challenge Day 5 [Gratitude] | 51 Comments
- Affirmation Challenge Day 6 [Self-Worth] | 50 Comments
- Affirmation Challenge Day 7 [Opportunities] | 31 Comments
I notice that many participants (Vivian, Educate Yourself, Santas, Samuel, Lina, VickiB, Kae, etc.) have been stepping up and actively responding to the others, and it’s really making the challenge come to live. 😀 To all of you (whether you’re commenting or not), THANK YOU for being a part of this. I look forward to an even more awesome Week 2 ahead. 😀
Part 3: Share Your Feedback
Last but not least, given that we’ve already been through week one together, I’d love to hear your experience of the challenge so far:
- What is your favorite affirmation out of the seven affirmations so far? Why?
- Anything you like about the challenge that you want to see continue?
- Anything you don’t like that you want changed?
- Any thoughts as you prepare for week two ahead?
Share Your Feedback!
Okay, look forward to hearing your feedback! 😀
Once you’re done, proceed to Day 8 here: Affirmation Challenge Day 8 [Physical Looks]