Healthy Living Day 7: Review & Set Your Plan for Week 2!
This is Day 7 of the 14-Day Healthy Living Challenge where hundreds of participants around the world work together to improve on their diet and fitness in January 2015. The challenge is now over, but you can do the tasks in your own time. Visit the overview page for all tasks and posts.
Hi everyone!! 😀 We’re now at the mid-point of our 14-Day Healthy Living Challenge. Let’s get started!
Challenge Tasks to Date
- Announcement and signup page: Join 14-Day Healthy Living Challenge!
- Day 0: Create Your 14-Day Healthy Living Plan | Comments
- Day 1: Drink 8 Glasses of Water | Comments
- Day 2: Eat 5 Servings of Fruits & Vegetables | Comments
- Day 3: Create Your Calorie List | Comments
- Day 4: Calculate Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure | Comments
- Day 5: Create Your Ideal Meal Plan | Comments
- Day 6: Follow Your Ideal Meal Plan! | Comments
My Day 6 in Pictures
Here’s a recap of my Day 6 in pictures:
Reviewing my 14HLC goals, they are
- Exercise at least three times a week – Completed my third exercise today!
- Cut out deep fried / oily food from my diet – Check!
- Eat salads more regularly, ideally once a day if I can – Check, ate another salad today!
Check out other participants’ amazing food logs and progress updates in Day 6’s comments section!
With that, let’s move to Day 7’s task, which is…
Day 7: Review & Plan for Week 2
It’s now the end of Week 1 of our 14-Day Healthy Living Challenge. How’s everyone doing? 😀
Some of you may have been sticking to your plan to a tee. If so, that’s awesome — give yourself a HUGE pat on the back! 😀 Some of you may have fallen off track for some days, perhaps even since Day 1 of the challenge. If so, that’s okay. Everyone falls off track in their diets and exercises — even their life plans — all the time. It’s no big deal. Really.
When you fall off track, the question isn’t so much of how far off you are from your target. The bigger question is what you do when you get off track. Do you beat yourself to a pulp and feel bad about what you’ve done (or not done)? Or do you acknowledge that things aren’t the way you want and work on them? The difference between these two actions is huge. The former drags you down a self-defeating hole. The latter helps you to move forward and create real change.
Now, regardless of how you’ve been doing, I invite you to (re-)join us in the discussion threads. If you’ve been feeling bad about not sticking to your plan, well, stop doing that because there’s nothing to feel bad about. If you’re thinking that it’s pointless to participate because you’re X days behind in the tasks, then stop the self-limiting thought too. It doesn’t matter how far back you are in the tasks; the important thing is to take it one day at a time and focus on the NOW in the challenge. That’s the kind of attitude that will take us for long-term success in our goals! 😀
Remember, this is our challenge, and we’re all in this together. You’re not doing this alone — all of us are working on living healthier, together, as one big family.
Now that it’s Day 7 / end of Week 1, today’s task is to reflect on your progress in the past week and plan for Week 2 ahead!
Step 1: Review Your Past Week
Think about the past seven days since you started the challenge. Then, answer the following:
- On a scale of 1-10, how do you feel about your diet and fitness in the past seven days? Why?
- What goals did you set for yourself at the beginning of the challenge? How have you been doing in them? Why?
- Have there been any obstacles preventing you from sticking to your healthy living plan? If yes, what are they? How can you overcome them?
- What are the biggest things you’ve learned this week, health and fitness related or otherwise?
Step 2: Catch Up on Week 1’s Tasks
Have you completed the tasks for Days 1–6? If not, catch up on them today!
- Day 1: Drink 8 Glasses of Water
- Day 2: Eat 5 Servings of Fruits & Vegetables
- Day 3: Create Your Calorie List
- Day 4: Calculate Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure
- Day 5: Create Your Ideal Meal Plan
- Day 6: Follow Your Ideal Meal Plan!
Step 3: Set Your Healthy Living Plan for Week 2!
As we move into Week 2 and the last week of our 14-day challenge,
- What are your key goals for the next week? Review your 14-Day Healthy Living Plan and add on/revise your tasks/goals for Week 2 as needed. If your goals are the same, stick with what you’ve written.
- What are your key action steps to make Week 2 a bigger success than Week 1? How can you prepare for a great Week 2 ahead? Write the steps down, then act on them!
Next, Follow Your Plan for Day 7 (Take Pictures Too!)
What tasks have you set for Day 7 of your 14-Day Healthy Living Plan? Do them today!
Take pictures of your healthy meals — breakfast, lunch, dinner, and mid-day snacks if any — and share them in the comments section. 😀 After all, a picture tells a thousand words, and when you share photos of your healthy meals, it inspires others to eat healthily and gives them ideas on what healthy food they can have too!
Post your initial comment sharing your results for today’s challenge task, then add on throughout the day as you have your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and/or if you’re doing any workouts. Attach photos of your meals by clicking the image icon on the bottom left of every comment box. As you add on to your comment thread, be sure to click on the reply button directly below your original comment so that you reply to your own thread (as opposed to starting a new thread).
Share Your Results (and Photos!)
Share in the comments section!
- Your reflections for Week 1
- Your plan for Week 2
- Your progress with your healthy living plan today
- Pictures of your meals
- Pictures of your workout (if any)
Do check out the other participants’ comments too and share a word of encouragement or two. We’re all in this together, so let’s support each other as a group! 🙂
After you’re done, proceed to Day 8: Get a Great Workout!