Thank you for your interest / purchase of Personal Excellence’s products and courses! Due to a high volume of enquiries, we have created this FAQs page to better serve you.
- Please read through the questions first before contacting support.
- If you can’t find your answer here, please contact us via the form at the bottom of the page!
All prices are in USD.
We have two payment gateways: Paypal and Credit Card.
- Paypal accepts payments from Paypal accounts, credit cards, debit cards, and online bank accounts. For the full list of countries supported by Paypal, click here.
- As Paypal does not support all countries, we also offer direct payment by credit card. As long as you have an international credit card, you will be able to make payment for our products!
All our products and courses are in digital format and it is a deliberate company decision as part of our efforts to go green. With the digital format,
- You get to download the material right away without waiting for shipping.
- You can easily access it across devices.
- It reduces our carbon footprint on the planet.
Starting from Feb 2018, all our courses come with complimentary access to a courses portal. Our website and portal are mobile responsive and load on mobile devices, tablets, and PC/laptops. As long as you are using a relatively modern smartphone/tablet (meaning nothing from the 1990s), you should be able to access the portal fine.
Some of our video courses come with downloadable mp4/mp3/PDF files while 30DLBL and 30BBM come with PDF and DOC files. As long as your device has software that can open these file formats, you should be able to access the course files with no problem. Even if your device can’t open these files by default, you can simply download free software that can open these file formats.
Post-Purchase (Ebooks, Video Products)
After you make payment, our server automatically generates a confirmation receipt to the email that you specified during checkout. This happens in a matter of minutes. This email has the subject: “Personal Excellence: Invoice XXXXX.” This email has further instructions on how to access your product.
If you didn’t receive an email from us after 30 minutes, there are 3 possibilities:
- The mail went into your junk/spam folder.
- Your inbox is full, causing emails to bounce.
- There was a typo in your email address during checkout. Since there was a typo, the email was sent to the wrong address.
Majority of customers who report not receiving any email fall in the first category. Please check your junk/spam folder.
If you don’t receive any email from us after 30 minutes and there’s nothing in your junk/spam, please contact us via the customer service form below with (1) The name of the product/course you purchased, (2) Your full name used at checkout, and (3) The email address used at checkout. We will look into it asap and get you sorted out!
All the documents for PE books/courses have been formatted for optimal viewing on the computer, as well as for printing. Many of our customers have printed the materials fine without issues.
Any kind of printing issue, such as margin misalignments, is typically due to individual printer setup. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with printing problems as it is out of our support scope. Please adjust the margins using your printer settings or via the “Print Preview” page, depending on your device. The printed output should basically be how it is viewed on the computer. If it doesn’t work, please contact your printer company for help.
This issue is only for customers who purchased a video course.
This is possibly due to a weak internet connection on your end. The course files are very large in size due to the high quality (each video file is 200-300 meg in size on average), and it can take a while to load depending on your internet connection speed. An Ethernet LAN connection will be faster than a wireless connection.
We recommend to load the module page with the video and click “Play” on the video player. Wait for the video to load for about 10 minutes or even 15 minutes. You should see the video streaming/playing at this point.
If you are still unable to load the files after doing the above, please contact us!
For customers who purchased 30DLBL/30BBM before Feb 1, 2018, the product was accessed via download with a download limit and expiry date. We always recommend all customers to backup their files to prevent unexpected data loss.
We have since done major upgrades for 30DLBL/30BBM and no longer offer the old versions, whether for sale or download reactivation. The new version of 30DLBL/30BBM each comes with an expanded guidebook, a revised workbook, and a course portal where you can track your progress. If you’ve lost your copy, you can upgrade to our new version of 30DLBL/30BBM (which includes portal access) for just $10 USD per course, or $15 USD if you purchased both courses in the past.
Simply contact us via the customer service form below with the subject “30DLBL Upgrade” and include (a) your past transaction ID, (b) email you used to purchase, and (c) the date you purchased, and we will send you the link for payment and access!
We are constantly evaluating our course lineup and ensuring that we have the best selection of personal growth tools for you. As new courses are launched, there are times when certain courses get retired as they are no longer supported.
Blogging Success Program and The Passive Income System were retired in Aug 2015 and their retirement was announced here. Members were given a 2-month period to download the materials which was later extended to 6 months. You should have downloaded the files during that period and backed them up accordingly.
For other video courses that you purchased between 2012 and 2016, we have done a website restructuring and the login links have changed. Please contact us with (a) your transaction ID, (b) the email you used during purchase, and (c) the date you purchased, and we will set you set up with the link. As the course portal provided in 2012-2016 was always intended for the download of course materials only, we will be removing it eventually and recommend that you download the materials after you get access.
Live Webinar FAQs
There are three things you need to attend the live course:
- A modern Windows/Mac computer with at least 1GB of RAM will be sufficient to attend the course. Chrome browser is preferred.
- You should have a high-speed internet connection with at least 2 Mbps of free bandwidth available. Your internet connection should also be stable, i.e. using a LAN connection rather than a wifi network. If you fail to meet the minimum requirements, you may experience technical difficulties during the live course such as audio choppiness and poor video quality.
- A headset and a microphone to participate in the voice sharing sessions.
To check if you match the above requirements, please do a system test here.
When you log into the meeting room, you may be prompted to give certain permissions before you can enter the room. If you do not see these prompts, do the following:
- In Chrome, click on the padlock button on the left of the URL address bar. You will see a popup.
- Click on the following:
- Notifications > “Allow”
- Microphone > “Allow”
- Sound > “Allow”
- Reload to apply new settings.
It is not recommended to use a tablet or a smartphone as the browsers on such devices are typically older versions that will not be compatible with the webinar technology, and the text on the presentation will be too small to read on a mobile device.
If you still face issues, please contact us via the form below!
There will be voice sharing for certain segments of the webinar. For voice sharing, please get a headset that has a microphone, and test it before the class itself. Please do not use the internal microphone that comes as part of a laptop as in-built microphones are usually low quality and capture a lot of background noise. You need a headset (rather than using laptop speakers where the sound can be heard in the room) because your microphone will pick up the sound from your speakers, which will create an echo.
As it is a live class, please test your headset and mic before class to ensure that they are working. In the interest of the time of other participants, we may have to deny participant sharing with selected participants if the audio quality is consistently poor, the voice keeps breaking, or there are technical issues caused by the lack of the proper equipment / bad connectivity.
When you get promoted to share, you will get a browser prompt that asks for access to your microphone. Click “Yes.” If there are other prompts that ask for your microphone access, click “Allow.”
- If you don’t see the prompts, please
- Disable your AdBlocker. The AdBlocker may block all popups including prompts for microphone access.
- In Chrome, click on the padlock button on the left of the URL address bar. You will see a popup. Click on Site settings > Microphone > Allow.
- Reload page to apply the new settings.
- Check that your device is plugged in and working properly. If you’re using the PC, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound and ensure that your Speaker and Recording tabs reflect the right speaker and microphone respectively. The volume control should also show feedback when you test your devices.
- Make sure you don’t have any other application running that requires the microphone (such as Skype) as this could interfere with the webinar if both are running at the same time.
The most common reason has to do with the user’s network connectivity. To ensure a high quality webinar experience, we use a high-speed 1 Gbps Fiber Broadband and Ethernet LAN connection, as well as a very high-end headset. 1 Gbps is an extremely fast connectivity that can download a 15GB Blu-Ray movie in 2 minutes.
To improve the audio quality on your end, here are some recommended steps:
- Ensure that you have a high speed internet connection. As an attendee, you should have at least 2 Mbps of free bandwidth available. This requirement will be higher if you are doing voice sharing during the sharing sessions.
- Use an ethernet / LAN connection. This is the best way to ensure the best connection. If not possible, move as close to your wifi router as possible. Closed doors, walls, increased distance, etc. in between you and your wifi router will all slow down internet speed. The connectivity signal should show the highest signal on both your computer taskbar and the webinar room.
- Close all applications and windows except those necessary to run the meeting room and attend the course. Close unnecessary browser tabs. Make sure there are no applications or downloads running in the background.
- Restart your computer and reload the meeting room to get a fresh connection.
If you still face audio or quality issues, please contact us via the form below. If you miss parts of the lecture or you can’t hear some of the audio due to your connectivity problems, not to worry as there will be video recording — which will have high quality audio — after the meeting ends.
After you make payment, you will get an email with instructions to register for the webinar. Follow the instructions to get the meeting room link. After registering, you will get an email with the link for the upcoming class.
If you don’t see the email, check your Spam/Trash folders. If you still don’t get the email, please reach us via the form below!
No worries! The video recording link will be sent to you 24 hours after a session ends. The recording is meant as a supplementary resource for those who can’t attend the live sessions. For copyright reasons, the recording can only be viewed, not downloaded. This is to help participants who already have prior engagements or for those who want to review the materials. However, you should ideally attend the sessions live where possible, as that’s where the key discussion and learning takes place.
After you make payment, you are sent an email with instructions to register for the live webinar. If there are worksheets for the course, you will find the links in the same email.
For course video recording, the link will be sent to you 24 hours after a session ends. If you don’t get it, please check your spam folder. For copyright reasons, the recording can only be viewed, not downloaded. All recordings and worksheets will be removed two weeks after a course ends.
To help you in the fastest way, please provide the following information:
- The name of the product/course you purchased
- Your email address used during payment
- Your Order ID (for existing customers)
- Details of the problem/query, along with screenshots if applicable
Reach us via the form below.
- This form is only for enquiries on PE products/courses/services or site-related matters. Please read the Contact Section for other contact purposes.
- Any ticket without the above information will cause a delay in resolution. Please note that we receive many enquiries, and every customer problem is different due to the difference in device, computer setup, etc. So the more information you provide, the better.
- If you’re not an existing customer but you’re inquiring about one of our products/courses or site-related issues, simply let us know your question(s) below!
Your email is very important to us and you should get a reply within two business working days. Please note that our customer support hours are Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm GMT +8, excluding public holidays and eve of public holidays. Thank you and we look forward to serving you! :)