Lost in Life? Here’s Some Inspiration. [Infographic]
Lost in life? Not quite sure what to do next? Feel like you are doomed to failure in everything you do?
Well, everyone starts from somewhere. Here are some success icons, who up till their 30s — some 50s — did not make much out of their life. It was later in life that they start blossoming into their vocations. After all, success takes time to brew sometimes, doesn’t it? 🙂
Here are profile links to the 12 individuals for further reading:
- Mark Cuban — Dallas Mavericks owner, businessman, and investor
- Suze Orman — American author, finance guru, and host
- Harrison Ford — Film actor and producer (Spouse of Calista Flockhart from Ally Mcbeal fame)
- Pejman Nozad — One of the most successful investors in Silicon Valley
- Sheldon Adelson — Business magnate, investor, and philanthropist, with a net worth of US$40.8 billion.
- Manoj Bhargava — Entrepreneur and CEO of 5-hour Energy. Net worth of US$4 billion.
- J.K. Rowling — Our beloved creator of Harry Potter series which has sold 400 million copies. She became the youngest self-made female billionaire at the age of 41, with a net-worth of $1 billion.
- Ang Lee — Academy-Award winning film director, screenwriter and producer. Director of renowned Brokeback Mountain (2005) and Life of Pi (2012).
- Amancio Ortega — Founder of leading fashion retailer Zara. Net worth of US $64 billion (2013).
- Andrea Bocelli — Tenor and singer-songwriter. Blind at the age of 12 — his story reminds me of Dr Yeo Sze Ling’s. He has sold over 80 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling music artists!
- Mary Kay Ash — American businesswoman and founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics, Inc.
- Ray Kroc — American businessman. Contrary to what the infographic says, Ray Kroc did not found McDonald’s — Richard and Maurice McDonald founded McDonald’s in 1940’s. Ray Kroc joined in 1954, bought the company over seven years later, and led its worldwide
On that note, Stephanie Meyers deserves a mention too — up till her Twilight success, Meyer’s only professional work was a receptionist and she had no experience writing at all. Today, she is one of the best-selling authors in the world with over 100 million copies of Twilight sold with an annual earnings of $40 million in 2010!
So if you’re feeling a little lost now, don’t be dejected! Everyone has their own path in life and it’s up to you to find yours. 🙂 I’m here to support you every step of the way. PE resources to get you started:
- How to Start When You Have Nothing
- How to Find Your Life Purpose (7-part series)
- Successful Businesses Interview Series