Hi everyone – Welcome to Day 5 of 21DJC! 🙂
Yesterday’s question was this: “If You Are To Travel Back in Time to 3 Years Ago, What Advice Would You Give Yourself?“.
All your responses were AMAZING. It certainly feels like many of you have grown and evolved immensely in just the past 3 years, hasn’t it? That while others may be sleepwalking their life away during that time, you have been making your life count. For that, I’m so happy for all of you. I’m so proud that all of you are here, at Personal Excellence, united as one community, one family. This feeling is indescribable. It’s sort of like I feel like I’m a big momma that feels protective of all of you, and there’s this surging sense of pride from seeing how far you’ve come these past few years.
So where was I 3 years ago? 3 years ago was November 2008. I had just quit my brand management job at Procter & Gamble, and was just starting my personal development business. I was full of fire and enthusiasm about my cause; I still am today and will forever be that way. It’s been 3 years running the business, and yet it feels like I just started it yesterday. Time certainly loses its significance when you are doing what you really love. 🙂
If I were to travel back in time 3 years ago, I would tell my younger self:
- Do what you’re doing now. You’re absolutely on the right track.
- Follow your heart and trust your gut instincts as you always have. It has never steered you wrong, and it will continue to bring you to the right place.
- Nothing has ever happened for you to lose faith, so there’s no reason to have doubts in anything.
- If there’s ever any one who is a cancerous agent to your path, let him/her go. There are 7 billion people in this world – For anyone who doesn’t resonate with your current consciousness, there will be ten thousands of people out there who do.
- Live. Love. Breathe.
21DJC Day 5
For today’s question, I decided to go with something close to our heart. This question can be found in #91 of 101 Important Questions To Ask Yourself In Life. Today, I’d like you to reflect on the following:
Who Is the Most Important Person to You in the World?
Is it your partner? Your spouse? Your mom? Your dad? Your brother? Your sister? Your child? Your grandmother? Your grandfather? A best friend of yours? A good friend? A work colleague? Your pet, perhaps? Someone you have never met? Or maybe yourself?
Who is the most important person to you in the world? And why?
(You may have a few people who are most important to you, but I’d like to challenge you to pick just 1 person, if possible, whom you feel is the most important to you in your life.)
Your Task Today:
- Reflect and answer today’s question. There’s no word limit – whether minimum or maximum. Write as few or as many words as you want. It’s all up to what you want to express!
- Share your answer. After you are done writing, copy and paste your answer in the comments area and post it there.
- Check out other participants’ answers. Other participants will be sharing their answers too, so feel free to read and reply to their answers. This is a group course, so let’s support each other in these 21 days.