Hey everyone! :D Last year June, I was contacted to be part of MediaCorp’s documentary, Soul Sisters, which is about inspiring women taking unconventional paths in life. For those who don’t live in Singapore, MediaCorp is the single largest TV and media broadcaster in Singapore, with 7 television channels and 13 radio channels under its belt!
I’m proud to say that I’ve been profiled as one of the inspiring women on the show! :D The filming was done over two days in June and July last year as the filming crew followed me around in my daily activities. My episode (episode #3) was aired last year, December 30, on Toggle, Eve Channel.
I received the DVD copy in my mail earlier this year, and I’ve finally gotten around to uploading to my YouTube channel today. You can now watch it below! :D
My episode is about 10 minutes long and is quite a good sum-up of my journey so far — who I am and what I do, how I came to pursue this journey, what I do on a day-to-day basis in my work, me celebrating my 29th birthday with the Singapore PE readers last year, and a special section where I carried out my hugging challenge during the lunch-hour at the Central Business District (which I preluded in my blog post last year: The Day I Went Around Giving Free Hugs to Strangers)!
(Please leave a “like” for the video to show some support; thank you, I really appreciate it!)
Check out the behind-the-scenes photos from the shoots!
Blogging @ Cafe
PE Readers Meetup + My 29th Birthday Celebration
Interview @ My Home + Online Course Filming
My 1-to-1 Coaching
Finale: My Hugging Challenge
The “finale” of the documentary was of me doing my hugging challenge at one of Singapore’s busiest places during lunch hour: the Central Business District at Raffles Place. I’ve already written about it here: The Day I Went Around Giving Free Hugs to Strangers.
I’d like to thank everyone for helping to make this production possible. :D Thank you to:
- Roxanne, for agreeing to let our coaching session be filmed ♥
- Dolly and Sam, for agreeing to be interviewed on the show
- All PE readers for coming to the Singapore PE readers’ meetup for last year and celebrating my 29th birthday with me!
- Ken, for taking many of the behind-the-scenes photos for me
- Everyone who took last year’s Anti-Procrastination Program — the course was featured in parts in the episode!
- Lee, Sha, Ben, and everyone at Abundant Productions for creating such a wonderful episode
- MediaCorp for inviting me to be part of the show
Thank you, thank you, and thank you!! I’ll continue to work hard and build PE into a better community and resource for all of us!