Hi! I'm Celestine Chua, life coach, speaker, and writer at Personal Excellence. Call me Celes please. 🙂
This is Personal Excellence, my website and business to help you achieve your highest potential in life. If you're wondering who I am and how I came to be pursuing this path, I share my story below.
H ave you ever wondered why you're here? Why you're on Earth and what you're meant to do?
Since I was young, I've been a very results-focused individual. I believe that we should only do something if we believe in it. And if we're going to do something, we should do the best we can.
So I adopted this attitude in everything I did. When I was 15, I taught myself in the areas of web and graphic design and created a network of websites with over half a million visitors/month. As a student, I was dedicated to my studies and got onto the Dean’s List. I eventually graduated as the top student in Marketing in NUS Business School, one of the top business schools in Asia.
My implicit life goal as a teen was to get a well-paying job, earn lots of money, and become extremely successful in the corporate world. This was what I was repeatedly told by teachers, media and society as the highest things to aim for; this was what I was implicitly and explicitly taught in a material-centered society that is Singapore.
Two years before graduation, I secured a prestigious job in a Fortune 100 company over a thousand applicants. I had secured a great salary and was entering into a role with amazing prospects. After achieving these goals, I started to seriously think about my life and what I wanted to do — not just in my 20s and 30s, but in my 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and beyond.
After deep reflection, I realized that the highest, most meaningful thing I can do is to grow and help others grow — something I've detailed in my purpose story. Our wealth, status symbols, material possessions, physical looks, etc. are all impermanent things that will fade away with time, after death. On the other hand, our consciousness is arguably the one thing that will stay on after death. Not saying that material things aren't important, but they are of secondary importance and are more of means to realize our higher objective in life.
So in 2008, I quit my job and started my business, Personal Excellence. Today,
- We are one of the largest personal development blogs today with over a million pageviews a month with readers from over 200 countries/territories.
- I conduct online courses and coaching sessions. I've coached tens of thousands of people to achieve excellence in their life, relationships, business/career, health, and personal goals.
- I speak regularly on personal development and entrepreneurship. Some organizations I've worked with include Wharton Business School, Dove, Ministry of Defence, JobsCentral, National Library, NUS Global Alumni Network, People's Association, and Singapore Institute of Management.
- I've been featured over 70 times in media, including CNN, Channel News Asia, Asia One, Straits Times, Today, Business Insider, Her World, Sunday Age, and CBS.
- I've been profiled in the documentary Soul Sisters, about inspiring women in Singapore. Watch the episode here.
- I regularly share free tips through my blog articles, podcast, and video channel.
M y purpose is to help you achieve your highest potential, be your best self, and live your best life.
For me, this means to
- Create the best, meaningful content that changes you and the world
- Making sure every piece of my content counts vs. adding to the noise
- Focus on scale-based ways to help you and change your life
I do not claim to know all the answers. However, you can be guaranteed that I will do my utmost best to help you. And I hope you will allow me to walk with you in your life's journey. 🙂
How Personal Excellence Works
"Just want to say thank you for your words of wisdom about dealing with anger within families. You basically saved me from needing a lifetime of therapy and showed me a way to reflect and grow instead."
Here, you will find over 700 free articles, podcasts, videos, and manifestos that I've created over the years. These free materials have changed lives around the world, with some telling me that they're even better than the paid stuff out there. There are also many school portals that use my articles as resources for their students.
For those of you ready to take things to the next level, I have created premium courses, available in my Courses section. These contain my best material on the subject, where I share practical tips, advice, and frameworks to bust that particular area in life. Many of my course participants have received transformational results from taking my courses. My premium courses are the closest alternative to getting 1-1 coaching with me, something which I don't offer at the moment due to my packed schedule.
- I was born in Singapore, in June 1984.
- I've been vegetarian since 2008, and am almost vegan today. I do so for cruelty-free reasons, greater mental clarity, and a healthier life.
- I believe in reducing our carbon footprint in the world. Most material countries today, including developed nations often lauded by the world, have incredibly wasteful practices.
- I'm a world traveler and have spent more than 50% of my time traveling in the past 5 years.
- I'm married. For more on my love story: How I Found My Soulmate ♥
- My values are Truth, Love, and Excellence.
For more about me,
- Check out these articles where I share more about myself:
- The Day I Quit My Job to Pursue My Passion
- How I Discovered My Purpose In Life
- How I Found My Soulmate
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents
- My History with Anger and How I Finally Let Go of It
- My Journey with Emotional Eating and How I Overcame it
- Why I Used To Feel Inferior about My Looks and Why I No Longer Feel That Way
- How I Began to Love My Body
- How I Found My Place as a Female in Today’s World
- Why I Used to Hate My Feet
- Dive into my articles, podcasts, videos, and premium courses that I've neatly organized for your ready use.
- Let's stay in touch by subscribing to my free newsletter and get my updates delivered to your inbox. Your email is safe with me and I do not send spam.
Thanks and I look forward to working with you in your life's journey! 🙂