Hi! I’m Celestine Chua, the writer behind this blog. Call me Celes please!
At Personal Excellence, I share tips on how to live your best life.
No matter who you are, you have the power to overcome life’s challenges and realize your goals and dreams. I’m here to help you do that.
Since starting in 2008, PE has grown into one of the top personal development blogs in the world. Some quick notes:
- My readers come from all over the world: the US, the UK, Canada, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and more. They come from different walks of life and are aged from their 20s to over 70 years old. Wherever you’re from, welcome!
- I have created over 600 articles, podcasts, manifestos, infographics, ebooks, and other free resources on personal growth.
- I’ve worked with tens of thousands of clients and course participants to achieve goals from overcoming procrastination, to achieving self-confidence, to losing weight, to finding love. My coachees are typically aged between 20s to 50s, and include busy professionals, executives, consultants, entrepreneurs, teachers, and managers.
- In addition to the free content on the site, I have two premium products: Live a Better Life in 30 Days and Be a Better Me in 30 Days. For more information, visit my Courses section.
- My work has been featured over 80 times in the media including CNN, Business Insider, Bloomberg, Lifehacker, CBS, Today, Herald Sun, The Sunday Age, Cosmopolitan, Her World, and Channel News Asia. My material is also regularly referenced in school and teaching materials.
“Absolutely love your writing. Your articles resonate very powerfully with me and I look forward to reading and continuing my leadership and skill development using your advice and experiential wisdom. Thank you for helping this 35-year-old father of two become the best father, professional, leader, and all-round person he can be.” — Greg, 35, USA
Here are examples of articles you can find here:
- How To Deal With Uncertainty
- How To Deal With Unsupportive Friends & Family
- How To Improve Your Relationship With Your Parents (series)
- How To Deal With Negative Self-Worth
- How To Deal With Negative Criticism
- How To Say No To Others
- How To Stop Procrastination (series)
- How To Stay Focused & Not Get Distracted
- How To Overcome Anger (series)
- How To Be Happy: 10 Principles
- How To Move On From a Heartbreak (series)
- 6 Tips To Give Constructive Criticism
- 101 Ways To Be a Better Person
- 101 Things To Do Before You Die
- 101 Questions To Ask Yourself in Life
My greatest passion is to help you be the best you can be and live your best life.
No matter what you’re going through right now, I want you to know that you’re not alone. No matter how difficult the challenge you’re facing, how arduous it may be, there is always a way out. And my hope is that I can help you through my work at PE.
Thank you for being here. You’re the reason why I do what I do. Hop on to my articles section where you’ll find over 600 articles covering topics from emotional mastery to productivity, from career to relationships. If you’re facing a particular challenge but don’t find it covered, send in your question here.
To get all my updates, sign up for my newsletter. As a thank you, you’ll get free ebooks of my most popular articles at PE.
I look forward to connecting with you! :)
Every blog has an about me section, so I feel obligated to put one as well. Here are just some simple facts about me, in case you’re interested. It’s really the boring stuff!
- Location. Currently in the UK.
- Born. I was born and raised in Singapore by traditional Chinese parents. Growing up in a low-income family, I understand the value of money and what it means to work your way up when you have nothing. My dad inculcated in me the importance of hard work and being frugal, and these are values that I’ve taken away and continue to be at the core of who I am.
- People. Throughout my 20s and 30s, I traveled and lived in different countries and cities in Europe, the US, Asia-Pacific, and South Africa, learning about different cultures and meeting different people. I’m passionate about meeting people, understanding who they are and what they do, and helping them in their path.
- Birthday. June 1984.
- Relationship. I’m married to my soulmate and a mother of one. For us, one is enough. If you’re having an issue with people asking you when you’re having kids, this post may help!
- My Life Purpose. “To raise the world’s consciousness, help others achieve their highest potential and live their best life.” I started PE in 2008 because I felt this was the most direct way to pursue my purpose.
- My Values. Truth, Love, Authenticity, Excellence.
- Others. I eat a plant-based diet. I started being a vegetarian in 2008 as a 30-day experiment, and it stuck and I became a vegan in 2019. My reasons for being vegan are better health, reducing animal suffering, and environmental conservation.
- Pre-PE. Before starting PE, I worked in brand management at a Fortune 50 company, working on billion-dollar brands and managing multi-million-dollar business initiatives. While my job paid very well, it wasn’t my real passion — helping others grow and become better human beings is. So I quit in 2008 to start PE: coaching, giving workshops, and writing articles. With persistent action and a lot of hard work, I built PE into one of the top self-help sites in a few years.
- Education. I graduated from NUS Business School with a degree in Business Administration (2006), specializing in Marketing. NUS Business School is one of the top business schools in Asia. During my study, I was on the Dean’s List and would later graduate as the top student in my specialization, and was awarded for being the most outstanding student in my modules.
I share more about how I found my purpose in my 7-part purpose series.
More about me:
- How I Discovered My Life Purpose (series)
- My History With Anger and How I Let Go of It (series)
- My Journey With Emotional Eating and How I Overcame it (series)
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents (series)
- Why I Used To Feel Inferior about My Looks and Why I No Longer Feel That Way
- Why I Used To Be Afraid of Intimidating Men and Why It Does Not Faze Me Anymore
- How I Found My Place as a Female in Today’s World (series)
- How I Found My Soulmate, Part 1: My Journey in Love (series)
- How I Began To Love My Body, Part 1: My Deep Hatred for My Body (series)
I grew up being flooded with the message that life is about getting a good job, earning lots of money, and doing things as you were told.
But there is more to life than just that. I believe in a better world where everyone can help each other, support each other in their goals, and live with one another in love and harmony. By working to become a better individual ourselves, we have the power to help others, raise the world’s consciousness, and unite the world as one.
Sign up for my newsletter below and get started with my articles here. I’ll see you on the inside!