“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
Hi there! I’m Celestine Chua (Celes for short; Chinese: 蔡筱芬) and I’m a personal excellence blogger, life coach, and student of life. (Add me on Facebook and Twitter @celestinechua.) I retired at the age of 28 in 2013 and happily attached. I was born and raised in Singapore and am currently living here as well.
I’m the founder of Personal Excellence, the home for people passionate about achieving excellence in life.
Quick professional snippets:
- Blogging. Personal Excellence is the go-to resource for people who want to achieve excellence in life, with free resources such as articles, daily quotes, inspiring videos, free e-books, podcasts, manifestos, and more. My readers are international from over 200 countries/territories. I have been running PE since December 2008 and it is my full-time job. If you are new here, visit the welcome guide.
- Media. I have been interviewed and quoted over 70 times in print, TV and online media, including CNN International, Cosmopolitan, Business Insider, CBS Business Network, Channel News Asia, Simply Her Magazine, Singapore Women’s Weekly, Asia One, Sun-Herald, The Sunday Age, OMY Singapore, 938 Live radio, Kiss92 and more. Visit the media section for a full list of my past media coverage (more constantly added).
- Business. Personal Excellence is my full-time career/business since I started out in December 2008. 100% of my business income today is passive income, coming from Google Adsense advertising and my e-products and e-courses. If you want to learn how I do it, check out The Passive Income System, my six-module program on how to create your passive income business.
- Speaking. I’ve been invited to share my journey in blogging, social media, entrepreneurship, and personal development. I have spoken at Wharton Business School (University of Pennsylvania), Kimberly Clark, The Asia Business Forum, de Baak (leading training institute in Holland), Ministry of Defence (Singapore), JobsCentral, NUS Global Alumni Network, People’s Association, National Library, Singapore Institute of Management, and more. (Contact me for an experience sharing session.)
- Coaching. I have worked with thousands of individuals around the world to help them achieve excellence in their careers, business, life, relationships, health and personal growth. I run regular group coaching programs and seminars online at PE. I’ve been named one of the Top 30 Coaches in the World by Coaching Gurus International in 2010, alongside renowned coaches like Anthony Robbins. Visit my Coaching section for more details on my one-to-one coaching.
- Traveling. I can be somewhat regarded as a world traveler, having traveled across Asia, Europe and America. My last major travel was in 2011–2012, where I embarked on a seven-month travel around EU and US for business and personal growth purposes. I met many readers and past coaching clients along the way. I love traveling as it exposes me to new cultures, lets me connect with new people, and lets me experience new sights.
- Corporate history. Prior to PE, I did brand management in a Fortune 100 company (P&G), managing billion-dollar brands in Asia Pacific for 2 years, before eventually quitting in 2008 to pursue my real passion to help others achieve their highest potential in life.
- Academic. I studied Business Administration (Marketing) in National University of Singapore Business School from 2003–2006 and was a Dean’s Lister every academic year. I eventually graduated as the top student (in Marketing) and was awarded as the Most Outstanding Student in the Business cohort.
On Channel News Asia, BlogTV, in Dec 2010:
On Channel News Asia again, this time on AM Live!, to speak about new year resolutions (Dec 31, 2012):
On 早安您好! Good Morning Singapore! during the Dec 28, 2012 episode on New Year’s Resolutions.
Spoke at Wharton Marketing Conference 2011 on “Social Media: Fad or the Future of Marketing?”:
Being interviewed by the very lovely Suzanne Jung herself, on Channel New Asia’s AM Live! They came all the way to my home to film me in my natural work environment and to interview me on bucket lists! (Dec 2012)
One of the many trainings which I conducted in the past:
Photoshoot with Simply Her Magazine in 2010:
My Personal Self
- Passion. My biggest passion in life is to help you achieve your highest potential and live your best life. While PE is my full-time business, it is more than just that; it is my life, blood, and purpose. Growing and helping others to grow is what I’ll do till the day I die.
- Purpose. This is the purpose I live by every day (consequently the mission statement for Personal Excellence):
- “To touch others’ lives, help them achieve their highest potential and live their best lives”
- “To achieve my highest potential and live consciously and freely in truth, love and power”
- Values. My five core values are: Excellence, Passion, Courage, Truth, and Authenticity. Besides being fiercely passionate about growth, I believe in standing for what’s right, being true to who you are in life, setting the highest standards for yourself and achieving them, and treating people with kindness and respect.
- Age. I’m 28 (as of 2012). My birthday is June 25, 1984.
- Personal Diet. I have been a vegetarian since Jan 2008 for non-cruelty reasons. I’ve been gravitating between veganism and vegetarianism since 2012. My diet is a personal lifestyle choice and I do not impose my dietary beliefs on others nor expect other people to conform to my diet. I believe everyone is free to eat whatever it is that he/she wants and I respect each person’s choice in life.
Past PE Reader Meet-ups
Since 2011, I’ve been conducting PE reader meet-ups around the world:
First London PE readers meet-up, Aug 2011
Second London PE readers meet-up, Oct 2011
Check out this Personal Excellence shirt that London reader Dimitri got custom designed and
made for me!! What can I say—totally hard core!! (This was before PE’s domain shift, hence the old domain name celestinechua.com.) Thank YOU so much Dimitri!
New York PE readers meet-up, Dec 2011
Los Angeles PE readers meet-up, Jan 2012
Lovely PE cake that one of our Malaysian readers, Elton, got custom made.
Complete with the PE logo, title, and slogan! And—it’s vegan! Thank you Elton! )
Cape Town PE Readers Meetup (South Africa), Apr 21, 2013
Lovely gift note from Barbara. She gave me a bar of healing clay, meant to be used as
a soap and said to have healing properties. Thank you so much Barbara!! )
I plan to conduct more PE readers meetup as I visit other countries as part of my personal and business travels. Countries I plan to visit next include South America and Canada.
Articles About Me
If you want to know more about me, here are some articles you can start off with:
- How I Discovered My Purpose In Life
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents (series)
- My History with Anger and How I Finally Decided To Let Go of It (series)
- My Journey with Emotional Eating and How I Overcame it (series)
- How I Moved On From a Heartbreak (series)
- Why I Openly Share My Life With You, The Media And The World
- How To Have More Best Friends in Life
- How I Used To Feel Inferior about My Looks and Why I No Longer Feel That Way Today
- How I Used to Be Afraid of Intimidating Men and Why It Does Not Faze Me Anymore
- The Night I Cried
- Are You Treating Dating as a “Game”?
- Why I’m Retiring at 28 and Inviting You To Do the Same (April 2013)
- Why I’m Completely Okay with Being Single (and update: Being attached (as of May 5, 2013) )
- My Letter To All Of You (April 2010)
- Questions under the Ask Celes section
- Other articles under About Celes
- My Bucket List (constantly updated)
- Latest posts at the blog
If any point you have found my work to have helped and positive influenced you in one way or another and you would like to give back, please support me.
- Add me on my Facebook Page (nearly 10,000 likes now!)
- Add me on Twitter @celestinechua
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel @celestinechua for my latest videos
- Subscribe to the RSS / email for free
- Forums – Join other like-minded individuals in your journey of living your best life
- Connect with me on Google+