How to Score a GPA of 3.98/4.00 – Interview with Straight-A Student Daniel Wong [Video]
Today, I’m very excited to unveil the first episode of Celes TV, which is my new video channel to help us live our best life. 🙂 (Yes, I’ve finally relaunched my video channel after months of talking about it!)
Introducing: Daniel Wong, Straight-A Student with 3.98/4.00 GPA!
My first interview is with Daniel Wong, all-time straight-A student, salutatorian (meaning top second student) at Victoria Junior College (one of the top JCs in Singapore), and get this—a double degree graduate from Duke (one of the top universities in United States) with a near-impossible GPA of 3.98/4.00!!! How incredible is that?
I interviewed Daniel because he’s a solid person with a down-to-earth personality, which I absolutely love. Given that he attained such an incredibly high GPA, I thought he would be the perfect person to dish life and learning tips to both students and non-students!
The entire recording took an hour and was filmed in Daniel’s home, as I wanted to catch him in his natural environment. I have edited the interview down to 13 minutes with the core messages. Key things covered:
- When Daniel started pursuing Straight-As
- Why achieving his Straight-As did not make Daniel happy, and what eventually did
- How Daniel rediscovered meaning in education and his personal life
- How to be the top student in school (Strategies which Daniel used while studying that eventually led him to achieve a GPA of 3.98/4.00!)
- Useful websites which will enrich your learning
- One simple tip to beat distraction when studying
- What the “Forgetting Curve” is and the best days you should review your material to ensure maximum information retention
- Learn about the “Cone of Learning” and how you should learn to increase maximum information takeaway
- Other simple yet effective “hacks” to increase information retention
- Whether Daniel set himself out to achieve his 3.98/4.00 GPA and how he went about achieving it
- The importance of running your own race vs. the race others want you to run
- [A GIVEAWAY SPECIAL] Win an AUTOGRAPHED version of Daniel’s Book, The Happy Student by following two simple steps!! There are two copies for giveaway. Watch the video till the end for more details!
Update: Contest has ended but you are still welcome to share your answers on the Youtube video page! 🙂
Watch the interview now:
More tips on how to be a top student from me: How to Be a Dean’s Lister (3-part series)
For Non-Students as Well
While the interview may seem geared towards students, everything we covered is applicable to non-students too. Learning isn’t limited to just students. I highly encourage all of you to watch the video and learn from what Daniel has to share!
Check out the blooper clip while you’re at it! 😉 Visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8VRot8n3zY
Let me know if you are interested to view blooper clips of future Celes.TV episodes and I’ll share them duly if there is sufficient interest! 😉 (Only if there are bloopers!)
Want More Celes.TV Videos? “Like” the Video & Leave a Comment on the Video Page!
If so, please support the channel using the three steps below!
- Subscribe to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/celestinechua
- Leave a comment for the video (on the Youtube page), be it on the interview itself, on feedback for Celes.TV as a whole, or suggestions on what you want to see for future episodes.
- Press the “Like” button for the video on the Youtube page.
Want to Book a 1-1 Call with Me?
Have a burning question on your mind? Have something you need advice on? Book an almost-immediate call with me for quick advice, and cut down the time spent running in circles. The right advice given at the right time can often change the trajectory of our life for the better. Most of my clients use the call to
- Get advice on a relationship/career/life issue
- Pick themselves out of a rough spot
- Address personal stress or anxiety
- Pick my brain on a new business/web project
- Dig into a concept in my articles
Limited slots per week, depending on availability. For more information, click: Book a 1-1 Consultation Call with Me