Download Personal Excellence Screensaver – Free! 75 Beautiful Images with Inspirational Quotes to Beautify Your Computer
Following the popularity of the inspirational wallpapers and daily inspirational quotes, I’ve created a screensaver of 75 inspirational quotes at PE Quotes. Each image comprises of an inspirational quote (like the one you see above) and is a great way to get your daily dosage of inspiration, right at your computer! The images appear at a random order and are flashed on the screen for 6 seconds per image.
(For those of you who don’t know, we have an inspirational quotes section that serves a new inspirational quote every day. Subscribe to the quotes feed here (it’s separate from the articles feed) and get the daily new quotes via email here.)
Here’s the installation guide for Windows users. Reader Jerry has informed me that it wouldn’t work for Mac since .exe is only for Windows platform. If there are any Mac users who know of free screensaver creation software, let me know – I’ll be willing to give it a shot.
- Download the Personal Excellence Screensaver. (48.2 meg) Right click, select “Save As”, then save to your Desktop.
- Unzip the file and you will find 2 documents – “pe-screensaver.exe” and “Read Me First.txt” inside.
- New versions of windows (Vista and above I believe) should come with zip/unzip function. Simply clicking on the file will unzip it.
- Otherwise, unzip the file with a decompression software, like Winrar or Winzip.
Test the Screensaver
If you want to double check if your screensaver has been installed correctly or if you want to change the settings of your screensaver, do the following:
- Right click your desktop. A pop-up will appear. Select “Personalize”, which should be the last option.
- A pop-up will appear, which will allow you to customize your Windows appearance. Click on the icon on the bottom right corner that says “Screen Saver”. It should say “Personal Excellence” below “Screen Saver”, indicating the PE screen saver has been activated.
- Another pop-up will appear that lets you edit your screen saver settings. Here, you can change the time it takes for your screen saver to activate when your computer is idle. You can also click “Preview” to see the screensaver in action.
For those of you who have been following my videos at The Celes Show, you may recognize one of the songs as the background track for my Ask Celes section, and the other two songs used in my other videos. Special thanks to Dano from Danosongs.com for the royalty free music (Love Letters (Instrumental) and Silvershine)!
All the quote images have been created by me, and the screensaver is created by me as well.
The original photographs have either filed as Creative Commons 2.0 by respective authors or courtesy of ShutterStock. Source of each image can be found on its respective page on Personal Excellence Quotes.
If you ever want to uninstall the screen saver, simply go to “Control Panel”, click “Uninstall a Program” under “Programs”, scroll down to “Personal Excellence” and double click that.
Let me know in the comments section if you have any problems using the screensaver or getting it to work.
As usual, please pass this along to your friends and family to spread the love. Thank you!
I’m currently working on creating postcard versions of the inspirational quotes, because it’s a great way to remind yourself of those great words of wisdom. You can also send them as actual postcards too, which is awesome to share inspirational nuggets with others. It should be up by the end of this week.
More inspirational stuff for you guys:
- 15 Beautiful, Inspirational Wallpapers For Your Desktop
- Free Inspirational Ebooks
- Free Inspirational Manifestos
- 25 Inspirational Songs To Brighten Your Day
- 10 Powerful & Inspiring Graduation Speeches You Don’t Want To Miss
- 12 Meaningful Movies With Important Life Lessons To Learn
- 15 Amazing Commercials That Will Inspire the Greatness in You
« Prev: The Secret To Meaningful, Fulfilling Social Relationships (How To Remove Social Anxiety From Your Life)
Next: How to Get Maximum Results When You Have Too Many Ideas (Harnessing The Superstar Effect) »