A cookie is a small data file that is stored on your device when you visit a website. It can be used to track browsing behavior or to remember your preferences. We use two types of cookies: (1) Session-based cookies, which are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser; and (2) Persistent cookies, which are stored as a file on your computer and remain there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. Our website analytics uses persistent cookies.
To find out more about cookies, visit this site.
In addition to cookies, we also use other technologies with similar functionality such as web beacons and pixels to get data. For example, our email newsletters contain web beacons and tracking URLs to identify whether you have opened a certain newsletter issue or clicked on a certain link.
Why We Use These Technologies
We use these technologies to achieve the following:
- To understand your usage behavior of our Website and improve our Website
- To understand your email content interests and improve our mailings to you
- To remember the coupon that was applied to checkout, so you don’t have to re-enter it
- To provide data protection security for online transaction
- To inform you about our free ebooks and free newsletter, and prevent such alerts from being shown more times than specified
- To customize the alerts and offers you see
- To remember your login information for our course portal
- To remember your preferences and offer you other functionalities of our course portal
- To identify trusted sources of web traffic
- To show personalized advertisements
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can instruct your browser to deny cookies through your browser’s settings.
If you choose to decline cookies, some parts of our Services may not function properly or not function at all. For example, you have to re-enter your login details every time you access our course portal and popups intended to appear once may appear repeatedly.