Last Modified: 20 November, 2016
1. Information we collect
In the course of running our website and providing our Services, we collect information depending on your engagement with us and our Services:
- User analytics – Like many websites, we track visitor information using server logs and third-party analytics. The information collected includes user information (Internet Service Provider, Country, Browser Type, etc.) and user usage behavior (Referring and Exit URLs, Average Pageviews, Time Spent Per Page, Pages Visited, etc.) on our site. This information is aggregated and not used in a personally identifiable manner.
- Newsletter subscription – When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your first name and email address to send you our newsletter. Like most digital newsletter services, our newsletter provider tracks standard subscriber behavior such as email opens, click-throughs, email bounces and unsubscribes.
- Comment – When you post a comment on our site, such as through the comment forms of articles and our forum, we collect your name, email address, IP, message content, and any other information you provide.
- Email/Contact form – When you send us an email or contact us using the contact forms on our site, we collect your name, email address, IP, message content, and any other information you provide.
- Purchase – When you purchase our product(s) or service(s), we collect your information such as your name, email, and financial information like credit card number to fulfill the purpose of the transaction. We do not store credit card information on our server.
- Courses – When you sign up for any of our live courses or challenges, we collect information such as your name, your email, background information, and other information you provide. Such information includes the country you are from, why you are taking this course, and your past experiences with the subject matter of the course. This is to help us understand the profile of the students participating in the program. As part of our course administration, we record all interactions about the course, webinars, and live calls.
- Social media sites – When you post comments on or contact us via our social media pages, we may collect your name, publicly available information from your profile, and message content.
- Surveys – From time to time, we may conduct surveys or polls to better understand your needs. When you participate in them, we collect your name, email, message content, and any other information you provide.
2. How we use information we collect
We are committed to creating the best resource for your personal growth. We use all the information we collect to provide, improve, develop, and protect our Services, such as in the following ways:
- Provide, improve, and develop our Services – We are able to provide our Services, improve our Services, and create new products and services that better meet your needs through the use of this information. For example, we use newsletter tracking information to analyze trends, understand subscriber behavior, and deliver more useful mailings to you. We use course recordings to create new-and-improved versions of our courses. We collect questions sent to us and publish them (absent email address) to respond to your request and help users with similar problems.
- Communicate with you – We use your information to send you updates if you have subscribed to our newsletter, respond to you when you contact us, and follow up on a request or message that you posted on our website or from using our Services.
- Fulfill an order – When you purchase from us, we use your information to bill you for the order and send you instructions to access the Service you just purchased.
- Inform other users – In marketing our Services, your name, comments, and accompanying information may be published as testimonials. The information is used to constructively showcase past user experiences from using our Services and inform other users of such user experiences, and is never used to negatively single out any one person. Your email address is never republished.
3. How this information is shared
From time to time, PE may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our current and prospective partners and advertisers. For example, we may share a graph of our traffic statistics to outline website performance. This information is always in the aggregate and never personally identifiable.
We may share personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of PE in the following situations:
- With your consent. There are certain forms on our site where we invite users to post questions to be answered publicly, such as the Ask Celes form. You understand that when you post your information via these forms that this information may be republished on our site or via our Services, absent email address.
- To provide our Services. To provide our Services, we use certain third-party integrations, services, and platforms. For example, we use a shopping cart service to process our customer orders and a newsletter service provider for our newsletter service. These third parties may receive the information you share, and information they collect is subject to their own terms and policies.
- To perform certain functions. We may engage other companies, organizations, contractors, and individuals to perform certain functions for us, such as to provide technical assistance, customer service, and data analytics. These companies, organizations, contractors, and individuals may need to access the personal information to carry out these functions. We restrict access only to those who need it to perform their functions.
- Information shared publicly. When you publish personal information in public areas such as through comment forms of our articles, forums, and our social media pages, you understand that this information is published publicly and can be seen by anyone. We may republish this information where applicable, such as part of our content or to help other users.
In the very unlikely event that this business gets acquired, merged, or sold, user information may be part of the transferred assets. You acknowledge that such events can occur, and if it does, that the acquirer of PE may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
You understand that when you share your personal information with third parties, this information can be seen, heard, collected, and used by other people besides us. This includes comment sections on our site; webinars, courses, and live calls; and forums. Information shared on public pages like comments and forums may be indexed by search engines. We take care to provide a safe environment for you when using our services but we cannot be held responsible for what third parties may do with this data and any third-party use and misuse of this information.
4. Where this information is stored
To provide you with our Services, we may store, process, and transfer information in locations around the world, including outside of your home country. For example, our website servers are operated in the United States. Some of the third-party services we use are located in the United States and their employees and contractors may be located around the world. As such, the information provided to us is transferred to and stored in those countries.
By using our Services and providing us with your information, you consent to this storage, processing, and transfer in accordance with this policy.
5. How we protect this information
We use reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration to the information. For example,
- We encrypt our website using Secure Sockets Layers (SSL).
- We use an industry-standard firewall.
- We have security measures to guard against brute-force attacks.
- We restrict access to personal information to trusted PE employees, contractors, and agents who need this information to carry out their work with us.
However, please note that no system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our website and databases. We cannot guarantee that any information sent to and from us will not be intercepted when transmitted over the internet. PE will not be held liable for any loss to you or any third party arising from any unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration of the information.
6. How you can manage this information
You can manage and limit the information you share in various ways. You can opt-out of our newsletter by clicking the “unsubscribe” button found at the bottom of all our newsletter mailers. You can change your name and email registered with our newsletter by unsubscribing and resubscribing with the new details. You can disable cookies in your browser before visiting our site and using our Services. You can use an alias in all your interactions using our Services. You can refuse to supply personally identifying information in your interactions. You can refuse to participate in all interactive areas like comment sections, contact forms, and webinar chat and voice sharing. It is currently not possible to modify purchase details registered in our order database, though you can contact us with the updated information.
Please note that doing so will limit your experience of our Services. For example, opting out of our newsletter will not allow you to receive updates, exclusive messages not posted on our site, and promotions from us. Disabling cookies will cause our site not to function optimally, such as having to repeatedly login to comment or repeatedly seeing content only meant appear once, such as certain popups. Not interacting with our Services such as not posting comments and not engaging with other participants in live courses will limit the value you can get from such Services.
We do our best to requests to modify or remove information. However, we reserve the right to deny requests that are overly frequent, that affects the usage experience of other users (for example, significantly modifying or removing comments that other users have already interacted with, that are a part of a discussion, and/or have been incorporated as part of the site content), that require a disproportionate amount of effort, that are unreasonable (requests involving information that is not personally identifiable or involving backup systems), where approval has already been duly given previously, or that affects the privacy and rights of others (such as requesting to see information that involves others).
We comply with the California Online Eraser Law. If you are a minor in California and wish to have any information that you posted to the site removed, please contact us via the customer care contact listed on this page and we will do our best to remove this information. Please note that removal of this information from our website does not constitute its removal from the internet, as other websites and search engines may have copied the content.
8. Do Not Track Signals
We currently do not monitor or honor “do not track” signals from browsers or other third party sources.
9. Areas beyond our control