Last Modified: January 20, 2018
1. Information we collect
In running our Services, we collect information depending on your level of engagement with us:
- User Analytics. Like many websites, we track visitor information using server logs and third-party analytics. The information collected includes visitor information (such as Country and Browser Type) and visitor usage behavior (such as Referring and Exit URLs, Average Pageviews and Time Spent Per Page) on our website. This information is aggregated and is not personally identifiable.
- Newsletter Subscription. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your first name and email to send you our newsletter. Like any modern newsletter service, our newsletter provider tracks standard subscriber behavior such as email opens, click-throughs, and unsubscribes.
- Comments. When you post a comment on our website, our comment form collects your name, email, IP, and any other information you provide.
- Email/Contact Form. When you send us an email or contact us using our contact forms, we collect your name, email address, IP, message content, and any other information you provide.
- Social Media. When you post comments on or message us through our social media profiles or pages, we may collect your name, publicly available information from your social media profile, and message content.
- Purchases. When you purchase our Premium Products or Coaching Services, we collect your information such as your name and email to process the order. Our payment processor will ask for your financial information like credit card number to process payment for the transaction, but we do not store credit card information on our server.
- Coaching Services. When you sign up for our Coaching Services, we collect information such as your name, email, and other information you provide. Such information includes where you are from, why you want to take this course or sign up for the coaching, and your past experiences tackling the subject matter. This is to help us tailor the coaching to fit your needs. As part of our course administration, we record our live courses, including your audio and video sharing during live sessions, the text chat discussions, and forum discussions.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may conduct surveys or polls to better understand your needs. When you participate in them, we collect your name, email, message content, and any other information you provide.
2. How we use information we collect
We are committed to creating the best resource for your personal growth. We use all the information we collect to develop, provide, improve, and protect our Services, such as in the following ways:
- Communicate with you. We use your information to send you updates if you have subscribed to our newsletter, respond to you when you contact us, and follow up on a message that you posted when using our Services.
- Fulfill an order. When you purchase our Premium Products or Coaching Services, we use your information to bill you for the order and send you instructions to access the product or service you just purchased. We will also use this information to send you updates related to your purchase on an as-needed basis.
- Provide, improve, and develop our Services. We provide, improve, and create new Services that better meet your needs through the use of this information. For example, we use our course recordings to create improved versions of the course, including sharing coaching exchanges as case studies so that other users can learn from them. We answer questions sent to us on our blog (without email address) to respond to your request and help other users with similar problems. We use the data collected in our newsletter service to analyze trends, understand subscriber behavior, and deliver more useful mailings to our subscribers.
- Market our Services. In marketing our Services, your name, comment, and accompanying information such as your profile picture may be published as a testimonial, alongside other user testimonials. The information is used to showcase past user experiences from using our Services and inform other users who are interested in our Services. The information is never used to negatively single out any one person. Your email address is never published.
3. How this information is shared
From time to time, Personal Excellence may share non-personally identifiable information on our website and with our current and prospective partners. For example, we may share a graph of our traffic statistics to outline website performance. This information is always in the aggregate and never personally identifiable.
We may share personal information in the following situations:
- With your consent. There are certain forms on our site where we invite users to post questions to be answered publicly, such as the Ask Celes form. You understand that the information that you post via these forms, such as your age, name, and personal circumstance, may be republished on our Services, absent email address, though you may request for anonymity where we will replace your name with an alias.
- To provide our Services. To provide our Services, we use certain third-party integrations, services, and platforms. For example, we use a third-party payment processor to process our customer orders. We use a third-party newsletter service provider for our newsletter service. We use a third-party course platform to share our course content. We use a third-party webinar service to conduct our live courses. These third parties may receive the information you share, and information they collect is subject to their own terms and privacy policies.
- To perform certain functions. We may engage other companies, organizations, contractors, and individuals to perform certain functions for us, such as to provide technical assistance, customer service, and data analytics. These companies, organizations, contractors, and individuals may need to access the personal information to carry out these functions. We restrict access only to those who need such information to perform their functions.
You understand that when you share your personal information with third parties through our Services, this information can be seen, heard, collected, and used by other people besides us. This includes but is not limited to comment sections on our website; live webinar sessions; virtual meeting rooms; and discussion forums. Information shared on public pages such as blog comments and discussion forums may be indexed by search engines. We take care to provide a safe environment for you when using our Services but we cannot be held responsible for what third parties may do with this data and any third-party use and misuse of this information.
4. Where this information is stored
To provide you with our Services, we may store, process, and transfer information in locations around the world, including outside of your home country. For example, our website servers are operated in the United States. Some of the third-party services we use are located in the United States and their employees and contractors may be located around the world. As such, the information provided to us is transferred to and stored in those countries.
By using our Services and providing us with your information, you consent to this storage, processing, and transfer in accordance with this policy.
5. How we protect this information
We use reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration of the information. For example,
- We encrypt our website using Secure Sockets Layers (SSL).
- We use an industry-standard firewall.
- We have security measures to guard against brute-force attacks.
- We restrict access to personal information to trusted Personal Excellence employees, contractors, and agents who need this information to carry out their work with us.
However, no system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our website and databases. We cannot guarantee that any information sent to and from us will not be intercepted when transmitted over the internet. Personal Excellence will not be held liable for any loss to you or any third party arising from any unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration of the information.
6. How you can manage this information
You may manage and limit the information you share in various ways, including without limitation:
- You may change your name and email registered in our email newsletter list by contacting us.
- You may opt out of our email newsletter by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email newsletter. However, you may continue to receive communications from us if you purchased our Premium Products or Coaching Services, such as transaction messages related to your purchase.
- You may disable cookies in your browser before visiting our website and using our Services.
- You may use an alias in all your interactions using our Services, such as in the live courses, blog comments section, and our website contact form.
- You may refuse to supply personally identifying information in your interactions with us.
- You may refuse to participate in interactive areas like blog comment sections, website contact forms, and text chat, audio sharing, and webcam sharing in our live courses.
- You may update your email address for your purchases, by contacting us with your updated email address.
Please note that doing some of the above actions will limit your experience of our Services. For example, opting out of our newsletter will not allow you to receive our website updates, exclusive messages not posted on our website, and our promotions. Disabling cookies may cause our website not to function optimally, such as having to repeatedly log in to comment or repeatedly seeing content only meant appear once, such as certain popups or alerts. Not interacting with our Services such as not posting comments and not engaging with other participants in our live courses will limit the value you may get from such Services.
We do our best to comply with requests to modify or remove information. However, we reserve the right to deny requests that are overly frequent, that affects the usage experience of other users (for example, removing comments that other users have interacted with, that are a part of a discussion thread, and/or have been incorporated as part of our website content), that require a disproportionate amount of effort, that are unreasonable (requests involving information that is not personally identifiable or involving backup systems), where approval has been given previously, or that affects the rights of others.
Please also note that removal or modification of any information from our website does not constitute its removal from the internet, as other websites and search engines may have copied the content.
7. GDPR Compliance
We comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which pertains to the processing of personal data of individuals within the European Union (EU). ‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
The following applies to EU residents using our Services starting from May 25, 2018:
- Right to be Informed.
- We shall indicate the purpose of the communication or processing of your personal data at the point of signup. In general,
- We collect your email when you sign up for our email newsletter to send you communications that you signed up for.
- We collect additional information when you sign up for our Coaching Services to tailor the service to your needs.
- We shall process your personal data for purposes which you have provided consent for.
- You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us. For communications related to our email newsletter, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email newsletter.
- This does not apply to communications required for legal purposes or which you have provided consent as part of a clear affirmative action, including but not limited to transaction emails from your purchase of our Premium Products or Coaching Services, or our replies to messages that you send to us through our contact form.
- We shall indicate the purpose of the communication or processing of your personal data at the point of signup. In general,
- Right of Access. You may contact us to request access to the personal data we hold about you. For further copies that you request, we may charge a fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to Rectification. You may correct errors in your personal data. You may change your name and email registered in our email newsletter list by contacting us. You may update errors in your personal data associated with our Services, such as your purchases, your comments, and our live courses, by contacting us.
- Right to Erasure. You may withdraw consent to store and use your personal data and request for the information erased, subject to the conditions of Article 17 of the GDPR. You may request for your personal data to be erased by contacting us. However, note that in some circumstances, we may need to hold some personal data for legal reasons. For example, we need to hold your email in a suppression list to ensure no more emails will be sent to you. We need to store your purchase transaction data as part of the legal accounting process.
- Right to Restriction of Processing. You may suppress processing of your personal data, subject to the conditions of Article 18(1) of the GDPR. Under suppressing, we may still store your personal information.
- Right to Data Portability. You may receive personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, subject to the conditions of Article 20 of the GDPR. This only applies to personal data that (a) you have directly provided to us and (b) has been collected by automated means.
- Right to Object. You may object to the processing of your personal information for (a) public or legitimate interests, (b) direct marketing purposes, and (c) research or statistical purposes, subject to the conditions of Article 21 of the GDPR.
- Breach Notification. In the case of a personal data breach, we shall, where feasible, notify the relevant authority no later than 72 hours after having become aware of it. We shall inform the data subject without undue delay if the breach results in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
We shall acknowledge receipt within 20 days and comply with requests that meet the conditions of the GDPR within a month from the date your request is received, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
8. Areas beyond our control