Last Modified: 10 July 2017
1. Information we collect
In the course of running our Services, we collect information depending on your level of engagement with us:
- User Analytics – Like many websites, we track visitor information using server logs and third-party analytics. The information collected includes user information (Internet Service Provider, Country, Browser Type, etc.) and user usage behavior (Referring and Exit URLs, Average Pageviews, Time Spent Per Page, Pages Visited, etc.) on our site. This information is aggregated and not used in a personally identifiable way.
- Newsletter Subscription – When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your first name and email to send you our newsletter. Like most digital newsletter services, our newsletter provider tracks standard subscriber behavior such as email opens, click-throughs, and unsubscribes.
- Comments – When you post a comment on our site, such as through the comment forms of our articles, our comment form collects your name, email, IP, and any other information you provide.
- Email/Contact Form – When you send us an email or contact us using our contact forms, we collect your name, email address, IP, message content, and any other information you provide.
- Social Media Sites – When you post comments on or contact us via our social media profiles such as Facebook and Twitter, we may collect your name, publicly available information from your profile, and message content.
- Purchases – When you purchase our product(s) or service(s), we collect your information such as your name, email, and financial information like credit card number to fulfill the purpose of the transaction. We do not store credit card information on our server.
- Live Courses – When you sign up for any of our live courses, we collect information such as your name, email, background information, and other information you provide. Such information includes where you are from, why you want to take this course, and your past experiences tackling the subject matter of the course. This is to help us understand the profile of participants in the program. As part of our course administration, we record our live course sessions, including your voice sharing during live sessions and text chat.
- Surveys – From time to time, we may conduct surveys or polls to better understand your needs. When you participate in them, we collect your name, email, message content, and any other information you provide.
2. How we use information we collect
We are committed to creating the best resource for your personal growth. We use all the information we collect to provide, improve, develop, and protect our Services, such as in the following ways:
- Communicate with you – We use your information to send you updates if you have subscribed to our newsletter, respond to you when you contact us, and follow up on a message that you posted when using our Services.
- Fulfill an order – When you purchase our product or service, we use your information to bill you for the order and send you instructions to access the product or service you just purchased. We will also use this information to send you updates related to your purchase as needed.
- Provide, improve, and develop our Services – We are able to provide, improve, and create new Services that better meet your needs through the use of this information. For example, we use our course recordings to create improved versions of the course, including sharing certain coaching exchanges as case studies so that other users can learn and benefit from them. We answer questions sent to us on our blog (absent email address) to respond to your request and help other users with similar problems. We use the data in our newsletter service to analyze trends, understand subscriber behavior, and deliver more useful mailings to our subscribers.
- Market our Services – In marketing our Services, your name, comment, and accompanying information such as your profile picture may be published as testimonial, alongside other user testimonials. The information is used to showcase past user experiences from using our Services and inform other users of such user experiences, and is never used to negatively single out any one person. Your email address is never published.
3. How this information is shared
From time to time, Personal Excellence may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our current and prospective partners and advertisers. For example, we may share a graph of our traffic statistics to outline website performance. This information is always in the aggregate and never personally identifiable.
We may share personal information in the following situations:
- With your consent. There are certain forms on our site where we invite users to post questions to be answered publicly, such as the Ask Celes form. You understand that when the information that you post via these forms, such as your age, name, and personal circumstance, may be republished on our Services, absent email address, though you may request for anonymity where we will replace your name with an alias.
- To provide our Services. To provide our Services, we use certain third-party integrations, services, and platforms. For example, we use a shopping cart service to process our customer orders and a newsletter service provider for our newsletter service. These third parties may receive the information you share, and information they collect is subject to their own terms and privacy policies.
- To perform certain functions. We may engage other companies, organizations, contractors, and individuals to perform certain functions for us, such as to provide technical assistance, customer service, and data analytics. These companies, organizations, contractors, and individuals may need to access the personal information to carry out these functions. We restrict access only to those who need it to perform their functions.
You understand that when you share your personal information with third parties, this information can be seen, heard, collected, and used by other people besides us. This includes comment sections on our site; webinars, courses, and live calls; and forums. Information shared on public pages like comments and forums may be indexed by search engines. We take care to provide a safe environment for you when using our services but we cannot be held responsible for what third parties may do with this data and any third-party use and misuse of this information.
4. Where this information is stored
To provide you with our Services, we may store, process, and transfer information in locations around the world, including outside of your home country. For example, our website servers are operated in the United States. Some of the third-party services we use are located in the United States and their employees and contractors may be located around the world. As such, the information provided to us is transferred to and stored in those countries.
By using our Services and providing us with your information, you consent to this storage, processing, and transfer in accordance with this policy.
5. How we protect this information
We use reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration to the information. For example,
- We encrypt our website using Secure Sockets Layers (SSL).
- We use an industry-standard firewall.
- We have security measures to guard against brute-force attacks.
- We restrict access to personal information to trusted Personal Excellence employees, contractors, and agents who need this information to carry out their work with us.
However, no system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our website and databases. We cannot guarantee that any information sent to and from us will not be intercepted when transmitted over the internet. Personal Excellence will not be held liable for any loss to you or any third party arising from any unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration of the information.
6. How you can manage this information
You can manage and limit the information you share in various ways, including without limitation:
- You can opt-out of our newsletter by clicking the “unsubscribe” button found at the bottom of all our newsletters. (However note that you may continue to receive communications from us if you purchased our products or services, such as transactional messages.)
- You can change your name and email registered with our newsletter by clicking on the “Update Profile” link found at the bottom of all our newsletters.
- You can disable cookies in your browser before visiting our site and using our Services.
- You can use an alias in all your interactions using our Services, such as in the live courses or blog comments section.
- You can refuse to supply personally identifying information in your interactions.
- You can refuse to participate in all interactive areas like comment sections, contact forms, and text chat and voice sharing in our live courses.
At the moment it is not possible to modify past purchase details registered in our order database, though you can contact us with the updated information.
Please note that doing so will limit your experience of our Services. For example, opting out of our newsletter will not allow you to receive updates, exclusive messages not posted on our site, and our promotions. Disabling cookies may cause our site not to function optimally, such as having to repeatedly login to comment or repeatedly seeing content only meant appear once, such as certain popups or alerts. Not interacting with our Services such as not posting comments and not engaging with other participants in our live courses will limit the value you can get from such Services.
We do our best to requests to modify or remove information. However, we reserve the right to deny requests that are overly frequent, that affects the usage experience of other users (for example, modifying or removing comments that other users have already interacted with, that are a part of a discussion thread, and/or have been incorporated as part of the site content), that require a disproportionate amount of effort, that are unreasonable (requests involving information that is not personally identifiable or involving backup systems), where approval has been given previously, or that affects the rights of others.
Please also note that removal or modification of any information from our website does not constitute its removal from the internet, as other websites and search engines may have copied the content.
7. Do Not Track Signals
We currently do not monitor or honor “do not track” signals from browsers or other third party sources.
8. Areas beyond our control