Last Modified: April 12, 2018
1. Information we collect
In running our Services, we collect the following information depending on your level of engagement with us:
- Visitor Analytics. We track visitor information using web analytics services. The information collected includes device information (such as browser type) and website usage behavior (such as pageviews and time spent per page) on our website. This information is anonymized and cannot be traced to any one individual.
- Newsletter Subscription. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your first name, email, and IP address at the point of signup. Our newsletter service tracks standard subscriber information such as email opens, click-throughs, and unsubscribes. This is used to evaluate the effectiveness of email campaigns and to improve our mailings.
- Contact Form or Email. When you send us messages via the contact forms on our website or send us emails to our email addresses (under the domain @personalexcellence.co or any email address under our care), we collect your name, email, publicly available profile image displayed through your email client, message content, and other information you provide. Your IP address is collected for messages sent via our contact forms.
- Social Media. When you message us through our social media pages or the social media profiles of our company staff, or post comments on these channels, we may collect your name, any publicly available information from your social media profile, and message content. Social media channels include but are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and YouTube.
- Payment. When you purchase our products or services, we collect your name and email to process the order. Our payment processor will ask for your financial information like credit card number to process the payment for the transaction, but we do not store credit card information on our server.
- Live Courses.
- When you sign up for our live group courses or webinars, we collect your name, email, and other information you provide in the registration form. Such information includes where you are from, why you want to take this course, and your past experiences tackling the topic. We use this to tailor the course to your needs.
- As part of our course administration, we record the live calls (via video and audio) and all course interactions, including what you share in the webinar chat, what you share via audio during the calls, what you post in the discussion forums (if any), and your email interactions with us. This constitutes part of the course content.
- 1-1 Consultation.
- When you sign up for our 1-1 consultation service, we collect your name, email, and other information you provide in the registration form. Such information includes where you are from, why you are signing up for coaching, your past experiences tackling the topic, and other details you share. We use this to tailor the consultation to your needs.
- We record the coaching discussion during the 1-1 calls via text log. We do not record any audio or video. This is used as a record of the service rendered and as a reference for follow-up calls.
- Premium Products. When you purchase our course products, you will get access to the course portal for the product that you purchased. Our course portal collects your name, email, your login IP address, and your usage patterns of the course portal.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may conduct surveys to better understand your needs. When you participate in them, we collect your message content and other information you provide.
2. How we use information we collect
We are committed to creating the best resource for your personal growth. We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To send you newsletters. If you have signed up for our newsletter, we use your name and email to send you our newsletters.
- To communicate with you. We use your email to respond to you when you contact us or to follow up on an issue from your use of our products or services.
- To fulfill an order. When you purchase our products or services, we use your information to bill you for the order and to send you instructions to access the product or service you purchased. We may use this information to send you updates related to your purchase on an as-needed basis.
- To provide, improve, and develop our products or services. We provide, improve, and develop new product and services that better meet your needs through the use of this information. For example,
- We provide course recordings for course participants who want to review the sessions. We include the course recordings as part of the course content.
- We answer the questions (sent to us via our contact forms or email) on our website (without publishing the email address) to respond to your request and help other users with similar problems.
- We use the data collected in our newsletter service to understand subscriber behavior and send more useful mailings to our subscribers.
- To highlight user experience of our services. To highlight the value of our services, your name, comment, and accompanying information such as your profile picture may be published as a testimonial, alongside other user testimonials. The information is used to highlight the transformation of users who have used our products and services, and to inform other users who are interested in our products and services. Your email is never published.
- We use the IP address collected at the point of newsletter signup to verify the legitimacy of the signup and ensure that it is not by a spammer.
- We use the email and IP addresses collected from our contact forms to block spammers and errant users who send messages against our contact guidelines.
3. How this information is shared
From time to time, Personal Excellence may share non-personally identifiable information on our website and with our current and prospective partners, such as traffic statistics and newsletter statistics. This information is in the aggregate and not personally identifiable.
We may share personal information in the following situations:
- With your consent. There are certain forms on our site where we invite users to post questions such as the Ask Celes form and Podcast Question submission form. You understand that the information that you post via these forms, such as your age, name, and personal circumstance, may be republished on our Services, absent email address.
- To provide our Services. To provide our Services, we use certain third-party integrations, services, and platforms. These third parties may receive the information you share and the information they collect is subject to their terms and privacy policies. For example,
- We use a payment processor to process our customer orders.
- We use a newsletter service provider for our newsletter service.
- We use a course platform to provide the course portal for our course products.
- We use a meeting service to conduct our live courses and webinars.
- To perform certain functions. We may engage other companies, organizations, contractors, and individuals to perform certain functions for us, such as to provide technical assistance, customer service, and data analytics. These companies, organizations, contractors, and individuals may need to access the personal information to carry out these functions. We restrict access only to those who need such information to perform their functions.
You understand that when you share your personal information with third parties through our Services, this information can be seen, heard, collected, and used by other people besides us. For example,
- When you post messages on comment sections, other visitors can see your comments, your name as part of your comment profile, and your user avatar.
- When you post messages and share your answers via audio in our live webinar sessions, other course participants may read your chat messages and hear what you share.
- Information shared on public pages such as our website and our social media pages may be indexed by search engines and saved by internet archival bots.
We take care to provide a safe environment for you when using our Services but we cannot be held responsible for what third parties may do with this data and any third-party use and misuse of this information.
4. Where this information is stored
To provide you with our Services, we may store, process, and transfer information in locations around the world, including outside your home country. For example, our website servers are operated in the United States. Some of the third-party services we use are located in the United States and their employees and contractors may be located around the world. As such, the information provided to us is transferred to and stored in those countries.
By using our Services and providing us with your information, you consent to this storage, processing, and transfer in accordance with this policy.
5. How we protect this information
We use reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration of the information. For example,
- We anonymize visitor IP addresses in our web analytics services.
- We encrypt our website using Secure Sockets Layers (SSL).
- We use an industry-standard firewall.
- We have security measures to guard against brute-force attacks.
- We only collect information that we need to conduct our services.
- We restrict access to personal information to trusted Personal Excellence employees, contractors, and agents who need this information to carry out their work with us.
However, no system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our website and databases. We cannot guarantee that any information sent to and from us will not be intercepted when transmitted over the internet. Personal Excellence will not be held liable for any loss to you or any third party arising from any unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration of the information.
6. How you can manage this information
You may manage and limit the information you share in various ways, including without limitation:
- You may change your name and email registered in our email newsletter list by contacting us.
- You may prevent tracking of your newsletter opens and clickthroughs by opting not to load images in your email client.
- You may update your email associated with your purchases by contacting us.
- You may opt out of our email newsletter by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email newsletter. If you purchased our Premium Products or Live Coaching Services, you may continue to receive transaction messages related to your purchase, as these emails are required as part of your purchase.
- You may refuse to supply personally identifying information in your interactions with us.
- You may use an alias in all your interactions using our Services, such as in our live courses and our website contact forms.
- You may refuse to participate in interactive areas such as our website comment sections, website contact forms, and text chat, audio sharing, and course discussion forums in our live courses.
- You may disable cookies in your browser before using our Services.
Please note that doing some of the above actions will limit your experience of our Services. For example,
- Opting out of our newsletter will prevent you from receiving our website updates, exclusive messages not posted on our website, and course offers.
- Disabling image loading in your email client may cause your email subscription to be flagged out as inactive and scheduled for deletion without warning. It also prevents us from sending you more targeted mailings. It may cause you to receive duplicate mailings as certain newsletters may be re-sent to subscribers who have not interacted with them yet.
- Disabling cookies may cause our website not to function optimally, such as having to repeatedly log in to post a comment or repeatedly seeing content only meant appear once, such as certain popups or alerts.
- Not interacting with our Services such as not posting comments and not engaging with other participants in our live courses will limit the value you may get from such Services.
You may request that we modify or remove information that we collect about you. We do our best to comply with requests to modify or remove information. However, we reserve the right to deny requests that are overly frequent, that affects the usage experience of other users (for example, removing comments that other users have interacted with, that are a part of a discussion thread, and/or have been incorporated as part of our website content), that require a disproportionate amount of effort, that are unreasonable (requests involving information that is not personally identifiable or involving backup systems), where approval has been given previously, or that affects the rights of others.
Please note that removal or modification of any information from our website does not constitute its removal from the internet, as other websites and search engines may have copied the content.
7. GDPR Compliance
We comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which pertains to the processing of personal data of individuals within the European Union (EU). ‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
The following applies to EU residents using our Services starting from May 25, 2018:
- Right to be Informed.
- We shall indicate the purpose of the communication or processing of your personal data at the point of signup. In general,
- We collect your email when you sign up for our email newsletter to send you communications that you signed up for.
- We collect additional information when you sign up for our Live Coaching Services to tailor the service to your needs.
- We shall process your personal data for purposes which you have provided consent for.
- You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us. For communications related to our email newsletter, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email newsletter.
- This does not apply to communications required for legal purposes or which you have provided consent as part of a clear affirmative action, including but not limited to transaction emails from your purchase of our Premium Products or Live Coaching Services, or our replies to messages that you send to us through our contact form.
- We shall indicate the purpose of the communication or processing of your personal data at the point of signup. In general,
- Right of Access. You may contact us to request access to the personal data we hold about you. For further copies that you request, we may charge a fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to Rectification. You may correct errors in your personal data. You may change your name and email registered in our email newsletter list by contacting us. You may update errors in your personal data associated with our Services, such as your purchases, your comments, and our live courses, by contacting us.
- Right to Erasure. You may withdraw consent to store and use your personal data and request for the information erased, subject to the conditions of Article 17 of the GDPR. You may request for your personal data to be erased by contacting us. However, note that in some circumstances, we may need to hold some personal data for legal reasons. For example, we need to hold your email in a suppression list to ensure no more emails will be sent to you. We need to store your purchase transaction data as part of the legal accounting process.
- Right to Restriction of Processing. You may suppress processing of your personal data, subject to the conditions of Article 18(1) of the GDPR. Under suppressing, we may still store your personal information.
- Right to Data Portability. You may receive personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, subject to the conditions of Article 20 of the GDPR. This only applies to personal data that (a) you have directly provided to us and (b) has been collected by automated means.
- Right to Object. You may object to the processing of your personal information for (a) public or legitimate interests, (b) direct marketing purposes, and (c) research or statistical purposes, subject to the conditions of Article 21 of the GDPR.
- Breach Notification. In the case of a personal data breach, we shall, where feasible, notify the relevant authority no later than 72 hours after having become aware of it. We shall inform the data subject without undue delay if the breach results in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
We shall acknowledge receipt within 20 days and comply with requests that meet the conditions of the GDPR within a month from the date your request is received, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
8. Areas beyond our control