Personal Excellence Book
The Personal Excellence Book Series is a collection of the very best articles from Personal Excellence plus bonus content that cannot be found on the site. Volume 1 consists of 101 of the best articles from 2008-2009, while Volume 2 consists of 101 of the best articles from 2010-2011.
The articles at PE speak for themselves in terms of the quality and value. Rather than sieve through the articles on the blog, this Personal Excellence Book series is a convenient handbook of the best articles you could ever want to read on PE.
Do not underestimate the power of the articles here on PE — they have helped many to:
- Discover their real life purpose and embark a life of their highest living
- Discover goals which they truly want for themselves
- Take action on their goals and dreams and start living the life they want
- Quit jobs they dislike to pursue what they truly love
- Learn and apply goal achievement strategies which gave them real results
- Become more productive, effective and efficient
- Quit bad habits, cultivate new habits and revamp to a better lifestyle
- Face and overcome life’s obstacles
- Become more confident and break away from limiting beliefs
- Get rid of negative thoughts and emotions and become a lot more positive
- Break away from relationships that hold them back in their personal journey
- Acquire better people skills and develop more meaningful relationships
- Learn more about themselves, become more self-aware and grow into more conscious beings
- Reconnect with their inner / higher selves
- Find increased meaning and satisfaction in life
- And many, many more
See this series as your one-stop handbook for growth, with articles targeted at all different areas of your life, from people skills, to goals and achievements, to awareness and growth, to maximizing productivity, to cultivating good habits, to managing relationships, and more!
Personal Excellence Book – The very best articles of PE
A sneak peek at the insides of the book… This article is “Discover Your Values” and guides you through the topic of life values and how to discover your values. It’s one of the new bonus articles written specially for the book, with over 3,000+ words and 9 pages long.
“Increase Your Mental Clarity In Just 15 Minutes” – Many articles in the book will teach you concepts, principles and at times techniques on how to become a more conscious being living a conscious life.
This is another new article exclusive to Personal Excellence Book and a personal favorite. I found exercises like Creating Your Life Handbook, Writing a Letter To Your Future Self and 21 Day Lifestyle Revamp Program (all in the book too) very popular among the readers. Hence, I wrote this article as another engaging exercise that gives us insight to how we’re living our lives now, where it’ll bring us to the future and if it’s what we want.
“Boost Your Productivity In 50 Ways” – This is one of the many list-type articles with practical tips which you can apply in your life straight away. Others include “10 Practical Tips To Overcome Procrastination”, “12 Ways To Successfully Cultivate New Habits”, “55 Ways To Manage Work Stress”, “58 New Year Resolutions”, “8 Ways To Deal With Critical People”, “10 Tips To Make New Friends”, “21 Tips To Wake Up Early”, and many more.
This is under the Goals & Success category. Is there any goal you’ve been meaning to achieve but not getting there yet? Having worked with many different coaching clients in the past 3 years, I found clear trends on why people don’t achieve results. This bonus article shares 7 top reasons why you’re not getting what you want and how to address them.
Another new article at 3.6k words, this shares 11 practical, concrete steps to tackle procrastination. Definitely not just any tips article. Each step is a tactical step to align oneself with one’s desire or to reduce the fear to help you to stop delaying and start acting.
The book also contains many of the signature in-depth articles that Personal Excellence has come to be known for. These articles are driven by a personal voice, authentic connection with you the reader and experience sharing to help bring the message across better.
All the classic series at Personal Excellence such as Meaning of Life: Discover Your Real Purpose (7-Part series), ESPER: Successful Goal Achievement Framework (7-Part Series), How To Overcome Procrastination (6-Part series), How To Deal With Disappointment (4-Part Series), How To Move On From Relationships (5-Part Series), Why Perfectionism Isn’t Good and How To Overcome It (3-Part Series) etc are all included as part of the book.
Personal Excellence Book, Volume 1
101 Best Articles of PE from Years 2008-2009
Table of Contents:
(articles with asterik* next to the titles are bonus articles that have never been published on PE)
Purpose & Meaning
- Are You Sleepwalking Your Life Away?
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 1: How to Know If You are Living Your Life Purpose NOW
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 2: 5 Reasons You Should Have a Life Purpose (if You Don’t Already Have One)
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 3: Why Earning Money Is Not Your Real Purpose (And How To Know What Is)
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 4: Two Important Things that Led Me to Discover My Real Purpose
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 5: 6 Things to Consider Before Discovering Your Purpose
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 6: Discover Your Purpose in the Next 30 Minutes
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 7: Living in Alignment with Your Purpose
Awareness & Growth
- What is Your Consciousness Level?
- 15 Ways To Raise Your Consciousness* (bonus content)
- Discover Your Values* (bonus content)
- You Always Have A Choice
- Get Your Big Rocks In First
- Increase Your Mental Clarity In Just 15 Minutes
- Write A Letter To Your Future Self
- The Future Prediction Exercise* (bonus content)
- Create Your Life Handbook
- Blind Spots In Personal Growth
- Living in Liberation
- How To Create Real Change In Life: Address Root Cause vs. Effects
- Finding Your Inner Self
- If Your Life Was A RPG, What Type Of Character Would You Be?
- You are the CEO of Your Life
- The Myth of Perfectionism, Part 1: 10 Ways To Tell If You Are A Perfectionist
- The Myth of Perfectionism, Part 2: 6 Downsides of Perfectionism
- The Myth of Perfectionism, Part 3: Overcoming Perfectionism in 8 Steps
Goals & Success
- 6 Important Reasons Why You Should Set Goals
- 101 Things To Do Before You Die – Creating Your Bucket List
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 1: Goal Achievement: Introduction
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 2: Goal Achievement: ESPER
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 3: Goal Achievement: Establish
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 4: Goal Achievement: Strategy
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 5: Goal Achievement: Planning
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 6: Goal Achievement: Execution
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 7: Goal Achievement: Review
- Keep Your End Objective In Mind
- Is Your Goal Worth 30 Minutes of Your Time Every Day?
- Skills Development
- Leveling Up
- 10,000 Hours To Develop Talent
- Quitting To Win
- Using Your Environment to Achieve Your Goals
- To Get What You Want, First Admit You Want It
- Know your WHAT first, then Devise your HOW
- Not Getting What You Want? Time To Change Your Actions
- 25 Useful Brainstorming Techniques
- Cultivate Life Transforming Habits in 21 Days
- Waking Early: Why I Wake Up Early (And 9 Reasons You Should Do So Too)
- 21 Tips To Wake Up Early
- Quitting Soda: 5 Reasons To Quit Drinking Soda (& How To Do It)
- Improve Your Posture: 5 Benefits Of A Good Posture (& 13 Tips To Do It)
- Being On Time: 17 Tips To Be On Time
- Meditate: 10 Reasons You Should Meditate
- How To Meditate In 5 Simple Steps
- Vipassana Meditation 10-Day Course
- Lose Weight: 25 Of My Best Weight Loss Tips
- 55 Tips to Manage Work Stress
- [Delete] Button
- How To Overcome Fear, Part 1: 4 Reasons We Should Overcome Fear
- How To Overcome Fear, Part 2: Uncover the Root Cause of Fear* (bonus content)
- How To Overcome Fear, Part 3: 9 Steps To Overcome Fear* (bonus content)
- Do You Dread Growing Older?
- Materialism Breeds Unhappiness
- How To Overcome Disappointment, Part 1: Why Disappointment Is Good
- How To Overcome Disappointment, Part 2: Are You Letting Your Disappointments Destroy You?
- How To Overcome Disappointment, Part 3: How To Deal With Disappointment
- How To Overcome Disappointment, Part 4: My Experience with Disappointment and How I Overcame It
- How To Be The Most Confident Person In The World
People Skills & Relationships
- You are the Average of the 5 People You Spend the Most Time With
- Are You Emotionally Generous?
- Are You Looking For A Relationship To Complete Yourself?
- How To Deal With Energy Vampires: 8 Simple Tips
- How To Deal With Dishonest People
Productivity & Getting Things Done
- Become the Master of Your Time
- Put First Things First
- Boost Your Productivity in 50 Ways
- Law of Diminishing Returns
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 1: Why Overcome Procrastination?
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 2: Procrastination – Symptom of An Issue
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 3: 1st Root Cause – Lack of Desire
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 4: 2nd Root Cause – Fear
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 5: How To Overcome Procrastination
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 6: 11 Practical Steps To Overcome Procrastination* (bonus content)
- Self Discipline is Overrated
- How To Achieve More With Less in Life, Part 1: The 80/20 Principle
- How To Achieve More With Less in Life, Part 2: Why You Should Not Resist 80/20 Principle
- How To Achieve More With Less in Life, Part 3: Apply 80/20 to Your Life Now in 3 Simple Steps
Passion & Dreams
- Passion or Money?
- The Howling Dog Story
- How To Overcome Fear Of Loss And Pursue Your Dreams
- Pursuing Your Passion With No Money
- Passion Paycheck
Motivation & Inspiration
- 101 Most Inspiring Quotes of All Time, Volume 1
- 101 Most Inspiring Quotes of All Time, Volume 2
- 101 Most Inspiring Quotes of All Time, Volume 3
- 101 Most Inspiring Quotes of All Time, Volume 4
- Declutter Your Home in 8 Easy-to-follow Steps
- How To Create an Inspirational Room
- Why I Openly Share My Life With You, The Media And The World
- End of 2008: Reflection, and Moving Onward to 2009
- 2009 Reflections: 2 Biggest Things I Learned, 15 Key Highlights and A Big Thank You To You
Personal Excellence Book, Volume 2
101 Best Articles of PE from Years 2010-2011
Table of Contents:
(articles with asterik* next to the titles are bonus articles that have never been published on PE)
Awareness & Growth
- 101 Ways To Live Your Life To The Fullest
- 101 Important Questions To Ask Yourself in Life
- 101 Ways To Be a Better Person
- How Are You Faring In Your Life Now? – The Life Wheel
- Are You Putting Any Parts of Your Life On Hold?
- Are You a Self-Help Junkie?
- How To Know What You Want To Do In Life
- How To Break Out Of Recurring Patterns In Life* (bonus content)
Goals & Success
- 10 Surefire Ways To Live Below Your Full Potential* (bonus content)
- 30 Ways To Live a Life of Excellence* (bonus content)
- 7 Habits of Highly Excellent People* (bonus content)
- How To Finish What You Start: 10 Important Tips
- 9 Immediate Tips To Stay Focused on Your Goals* (bonus content)
- 7 Reasons Why You Are Not Getting What You Want (And How To Address Them)* (bonus content)
- 5 Essential Steps To Deal With Rejection* (bonus content)
- 6 Timeless Principles To Deal With Resistance And Excel in Life* (bonus content)
- When Goals Stop Working
- 58 Noteworthy Resolutions For The New Year
- Why I Do Year End Reviews (And 6 Important Questions To Ask Yourself in Your Review)
- Which Area Of Your Life Do You Want To Transform This Year?
Cultivate Life Transforming Habits
- Is Your Routine Empowering You?
- 21-Day Lifestyle Revamp Program
- 14 Tips To Successfully Cultivate New Habits* (bonus content)
- Be TV-Free: Top 10 Reasons You Should Stop Watching TV
- Dressing: 5 Quick Tips To Dress for Success* (bonus content)
- Manage Emails Effectively: 11 Tips To Effective Email Management
- Run Barefoot: 10 Reasons You Should Start Barefoot Running
- 45 Tips To Live a Healthier Life
- Recipe: Delicious Veggie Vegan Wrap
- Raw Recipe: Summer Fresh Salad
- My 21-Day Fasting Experiment
- My Fasting Logs: Days 0 – 21
- My Post Fast Logs: Days 1 – 4
- My Fasting Review
- Fasting Update: 1 Month Post-Fast
- 12 Tips To Achieve Fasting Success
- Your Fasting Q&As, Answered
- 13 Helping Points When Things Don’t Go Your Way
- 60 Things To Be Grateful For In Life* (bonus content)
- 10 Useful Tips To Make New Friends
- 8 Simple Steps To Overcome Shyness* (bonus content)
- 7 Ways To Instantly Meet Like Minded People* (bonus content)
- 10 Keys To Becoming a Better Communicator* (bonus content)
- 13 Tips To Be A Better Listener* (bonus content)
- 10 Ways To Earn the Respect of Others* (bonus content)
- 8 Tips to Tackle Naysayers
- How To Say No To Others – The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need
- 8 Helpful Ways To Deal With Critical People
- How to Handle Negative Feedback in 6 Simple Steps* (bonus content)
- How to Deal with Rude People – Co-Workers, Associates, Customers, Managers, etc
- How to Deal with Rude People – Part 2
- How to Deal with Rude People – Part 3
- 9 Useful Strategies to Dealing with Difficult People at Work* (bonus content)
- How To Have More Best Friends in Life: The Heartfelt Guide
- Why I Parted Ways With My Best Friend of 10 Years
- How To Move On From A Relationship Part-1: How I Moved On From a Heartbreak – My Journey With Love
- How To Move On From A Relationship Part-2: How I Moved On From a Heartbreak – Heartbreak and Sadness
- How To Move On From A Relationship Part-3: How I Moved On From a Heartbreak – Forgiveness, Closure and Moving On
- How To Move On From A Relationship Part-4: Top 12 Signs It’s Time To Move On From a Relationship
- How To Move On From A Relationship Part-5: 10 Steps to Move On From a Relationship
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents, Part 1: A Child’s Wish
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents, Part 2: A Pervasive, Widening Gap
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents, Part 3: Revelation and Happiness
- How To Improve Your Relationship With Your Parents: A Delicate Guide
- 10 Things To Stop Doing in Your Relationships* (bonus content)
Productivity & Getting Things Done
- The Best Productivity System There Is
- The 8 Habits of Highly Productive People
- The Not-Do List: 9 Things You Need To Stop Doing* (bonus content)
- Law of Diminishing Returns
- 22 Useful Freeware You Will Definitely Find Handy
- Why We Have Slumps And How To Get Out Of Them
- 12 Useful Ways To Get Out Of Ruts* (bonus content)
- Why You Should Take a Digital Break (and 6 Steps To Do So)* (bonus content)
- 7 Important Steps To Avoid Burnout* (bonus content)
- 18 Ways To Work Smart (vs. Just Working Hard)* (bonus content)
- How To Get Started When You Don’t Feel Like Working* (bonus content)
Passion & Dreams
- How To Discover Your Ideal Career: Your Message and Your Medium
- How To Start When You Have Nothing
- 6 Steps To Getting Started With Something Totally New* (bonus content)
- A Guide To Pursue Your Passion With Success: 14 Essential Steps* (bonus content)
- Million Dollar Tip #1: Money is Value
- Million Dollar Tip #2: Leverage on Your Current Skills
- Million Dollar Tip #3: Address a Need
- Million Dollar Tip #4: Scale Up Your Work
- Interview: Salad Stop! – Providing a Healthy and Tasty Meal Alternative for Modern People
- Interview: Delcie’s Desserts – Delicious, Healthy Vegan Delights
- Interview: Udders – Artisan Ice Cream Created with Care and Dedication
- Interview: Citrusox – Trendy Legwear that’s Fashionable, Comfortable and Affordable
- Interview: Dann’s Daily Cafe – Offering You Wholesome, Healthier Pescetarian Delights
- Interview: Millionaire Entrepreneur Derek Sivers of CD Baby Fame
- Interview: Groupon Singapore – Acquired for $24 Million in Less than 1 Year
Motivation & Inspiration
- 10 Powerful and Inspiring Graduation Speeches You Don’t Want To Miss
- 15 Amazing Commercials That Will Inspire the Greatness in You
- 15 Beautiful, Inspirational Wallpapers For Your Desktop
- 25 Most Inspirational Songs of All Time
- 8 Important Personal Development Lessons To Learn From Inception
- 12 Meaningful Movies With Important Life Lessons To Learn
- 9 Proven Ways To Charge Up Your Motivation* (bonus content)
- My Letter To All of You
- My Review of 2010 (Big Thank You and Onward to 2011!)
- My Review of 2011 (and Moving On To 2012!)
- Your one-stop handbook for growth. With 101 in-depth, content rich articles per volume, you’ll find the Personal Excellence Book your go-to source for personal growth. The table of contents lists all the articles that links to each respective article in the book, making it easy to access the content. Not only that, the articles are arranged such that the ideas build off best from the previous article to the next. This is very useful especially since it may be hard to know where to start.
- Timeless strategies and tips. Readers of the site will know I believe in writing timeless content that applies regardless of where we are in life or what we’re doing. You’ll find the content to be relevant and applicable whether it’s now, 1 year later, 5 years later, 10 years later or even 30 years later. The strategies and tips in this book will never become outdated, making them invaluable.
- Permanent ownership over your favorite articles. All the reader favorites of the site are selected specially for each volume. In the past year, several readers have asked me if I’ve a book compilation of these articles as they like to own/read their favorite content. Now you can – and you don’t have to worry about losing access to your favorite content at PE ever!
- Never seen before bonus articles. Both Volumes 1 and 2 come with bonus articles that cannot be found anywhere on PE, spanning across a range of topics from people skills, relationships, goal achievement, awareness and growth, productivity, cultivating habits, and more. Some of the articles are over 3,000 words long, which is much longer than the average article (about 1.7k words). That means more content to aid you in living your best life!
- Great reading experience. I’ve invested considerable time in the design of the book – from the cover, layout, formatting, to the pictures that accompany the articles. This is to make your reading experience enjoyable. Powerful, timeless content + Nice design = An ebook you’ll want to read over and over again!
- Personal excellence on the go. Being an ebook, you can read this on your mobile phone and ebook readers. Read PEBook on any of your devices that support pdf documents – be it iPad, iPhone, your notebooks, etc! Now you don’t need to connect to the net/blog just to get your daily dose of personal growth advice!
- High value for money. As the site readers will know, I take pride in producing only the highest quality work and wouldn’t release anything unless I’m absolutely sure of its quality. The articles in each volume contain the best of the best learnings, strategies and tips in my life that are essential towards living a life of excellence. Add that with the timeless nature of the content and it’s clear why the value of each volume is immeasurable.
- Very affordable. Each volume comes packed with 101 in-depth articles, with the articles costing less than 20 cents each. Just to quote a couple of readers (with over 1,300 copies sold to date):
This is a real bargain in exchange for a handbook that has the power to help you become more conscious, take action on your dreams and create more results in your life, among many other invaluable outputs. The contents are invaluable and worth many, many times its cost, and this can be attested by thousands of readers around the world.
- Immediate access. After you make the purchase (via Paypal or Credit Card), you’ll be led to the download page immediately. There is no delivery fee, no waiting time, nada. Just check-out, make your payment and in a matter of seconds you’ll be reading the book in the comfort of your room.
- Allowing me to continue writing more free content for you. I’ve been writing relentlessly at PE ever since I started the site 3 years ago, and I’ve never asked for a single cent from anyone for the work I do here. Personal Excellence Book is the first product I’ve launched at the site, and remains one of the few products I produce/sell here after 3 years of running the business.
Many of you have asked me at one point or another if there’s anything you can do to contribute in my cause. This is a great way to support me and get an extremely high value guide for your growth in the process. If you appreciate the effort and advice that I dispense freely at the site, it’ll be very much appreciated if you can show your support by buying both Volumes 1 and 2! The money I earn from PEBook will support me so I can continue to write free articles for you at the site, produce more high quality personal development products/services and reach out to even more people in their journey of growth.
“ Hi Celes, I received my copy on Monday and let me say I was blown away. There is so much high quality content in there that I’m only one quarter of the way through and I’m already improving my productivity on my business by miles!
Really, for the price of this you have totally over delivered. So if there’s anybody out there who’s wondering if it’s worth it or not. It totally is. This book has helped me increase my productivity, overcome barriers and gain confidence thus boosting my personal and business performance. In fact, I’ve increased my (business) turnover by 30% in the past two weeks!
Thanks for the excellent work Celes and your writing style absolutely rocks. Helps me read and absorb the info so easily.”
“ One word, stunning! Not sure if you’ve ever seen PEBook in iBooks on an iPad. If not, I can assure you it is a reading experience second to none. First, the appearance with all the graphics, color scheme and font choices is visually appealing. Second, the detailed Table of Contents makes it easy to quickly go to a given subject. For me, PEBook is not the kind of book you read from front to back. Rather you read topics most relevant to you at any given time. The TOC makes this happen.
Though I just downloaded (the book), I can clearly see the strength of the book is it’s content. Far more topics are covered than like books and they are done in a practical manner. I hope this feedback is useful. Normally I wouldn’t be compelled to spend the time doing so, but I’ve been so impressed with the work you’ve done with the book and your website, I figured it’s the least I could do. Please pat yourself on the back for me. ”
““Dear Celes, Thank you for the wonderful book. I have one word to describe it…“SUPERB”. It is an excellent tool which I will use to enhance my personal and emotional skills, gain focus in life as well as discover more meaning in my life overall.
Your site is awesome but many times I am unable to get to all the articles but composing them into this wonderful ebook has made it so much easier to read and practice your words. My main problem is that I am a perfectionist, and also have high self-doubt and your book with all its tips and easy-to-use guidance is an amazing resource.
Your wealth of knowledge and experiences that you share with others is beyond the words I can find to thank you! You are awesome and I will definitely recommend this book to my friends and family. Keep up the great work and I look forward to your site and another book soon 😉 ”
“I have been following Celes’ site for some time and was hence very eager to get her book. I’ve found the book to be captivating and inspiring. I’ve been reading through the book and it’s really great and just what I needed at this point in time. A huge resource at over 2,000 pages, the content is well organized and easy to read. It is not a book about just theories and concepts – there are exercises and practical tips which you can instantly apply, and Celes also shares her own personal experience. Celes has really inspired me to think about my purpose and reassess my own goals. Definitely a great book to have and I recommend it to everyone.””
“ The Personal Excellence Book is a goldmine of tips, articles, and quality writing to help you live a better life. So far, I’ve read the first ‘Purpose and Meaning’ section, and have gained from it immeasurably. The first chapter is about 50 pages long and is worth more than the book’s price alone. Celes’ tips are – unlike many other similar sites I’ve read – actually practical, and can be put to use right away in everyday life.
Not only that, but I’ve communicated with Celes personally and can honestly say she is one of the most lovely people I’ve ever spoken to. Celes is an inspiration to me – positive, sincere, honest, and funny. Summing it all up, I’d say that Personal Excellence Book could probably be the most valuable purchase I’ve ever made – don’t hesitate to buy it a moment longer .”
“ The Personal Excellence Book is what I’d refer to as the “Road Map” for my personal development. There are two parts to maximize personal development of each individual. First part is “the concept” and second part is “the execution”. This personal excellence handbook closes the knowledge gap between concept and execution, especially the part of self-reflection tools. e.g. Life handbooks, How to discover my life purpose. These tools really work and make me understand myself in the new level.
Thank you for creating this excellent book and congratulations to this success to create this album. This could be perceived as your red ribbon project in my eyes. ”
Start taking concrete action on your personal growth and get the Personal Excellence Book now! This is a vital tool in your journey of growth and excellence for years and years to come!
(These are pdf e-books to be read on your laptop/computer/e-book readers. Now you can read your favorite content offline and pursue personal growth even while on the go!)