Day 21: The Review & Reflection Day
1) The 21DHL Tasks: The Tasks That I have Not Done Yet
I seriously need to quickly start completing the following tasks. I have set the goal to finish them up in another 2 weeks time (after I finish my other important work that I'm struggling of now). I will update the completion in this journal.
# Day 2 - Create a Calorie List
# Day 6 - Eat 5 Servings of Fruits/Vegetables, so far only 2-3 servings each
# Day 10 - Calculate Your Daily Energy Expenditure
# Day 11 - Start Your Healthy Living Guidebook
On a scale of 1 to 10, I score:
Technically, I believe I have achieved the below score for my health and fitness since I have been planning and practicing (although not really consistent) healthy lifestyle prior to 21DHL.
I know I really need to make more effort to achieve more score. I'm working on it...
* Fitness = 6
* Diet = 6
* LifeStyle = 7
3) Healthy Living Plan Ahead
Key Area of Diet:
1. Keep record of calories intake and reduce it more.
2. Create more interesting & creative meal plans & continue doing it!
3. Maintain good relationship with healthy food.
Key Area of Fitness:
1. Tone more on lower part of my body especially my back (buttock).
To make it look more fit.
2. Increase muscle and bone mass in order to look and feel strong & tough.
3. Increase workout routine & number of days doing that.
Key Area of LifeStyle:
1. Meditating consistently as it has contributed a lot to my focus.
2. Eat & spend $$ healthily by cooking own meals at home.
3. Practice more frequent on positivity in order to peacefully face
challenges in life.
Key action steps includes the following:
* Stay focused and persevere.
* Consistently do the reviews of health & fitness plans.
* Do not allow unimportant things to distract me from keeping good health mentally and emotionally.
* In order to stay motivated, share the progress of my effort in this forum and read others too.
* Always remember, challenges in life will make me stronger not weaker.
* Instill creativity in the area of healthy lifestyle so that will not easily give up or get bored.
Overall Results & Outcomes
I feel so happy and grateful that I added Celes on twitter. I got to know about 21DHL at the right time and the right place. Although I started it a bit later than others, but I still got full support from Celes and few friends in here. The only thing I feel a bit sad is I have had a very limited time to get to know more friends in here during 21DHL. However, I have promised to myself to follow them once I'm free, soon, I will!
For the last 2 months, I have been struggling to maintain and be consistent in taking care of my health, but I did not have any guide and motivation to do that. However, by following this program I have gained a lot and started to be more certain about my health and fitness, mentally and physically.
The best part is, my girlfriend really enjoys practicing the tasks too, especially the hugging and grocery shopping
I am really excited to share with my 21DHL friends of the significant changes I have discovered after completing 21DHL for the last 21 days.
These are the changes I have made (my girlfriend has made some of them too):
1) Know how to gain back my focus through meditation.
2) New hobby created: Cook my own meal regularly at home. In fact try to cook from my own recipes.
3) Actively doing grocery shopping. Me and my girlfriend we both will remind each other that we need to do some grocery shopping.
4) Sleep & wake up early. Not only good for my health but also I manage to accomplish many things since the day feels longer.
5) One weakness detected and need to overcome: Calories Count
6) Maintain my healthy lifestyle. We make all the tasks from 21DHL as our checklist of health.
7) Got the opportunity to gain knowledge of health, food, fitness from other people stories and knowledge they have shared here.
8) I go jogging and do exercises consistently and has decided to do that at least twice a week.
9) Barefoot walking: a new thing to me, I have done on Day 19 and I look forward to doing that again and again. I like the feeling of the connection and presence (mentioned by Celes too) I have made from my feet up to my mind and feelings.
10) The best things I have gained are: POSITIVITY & PEACE OF MIND! I realized by keeping your life healthy mentally and physically will also affect you spiritually of how important to be positive and have peace in mind.
I have not loss any weight, but I'm happy I did not gain any either.
I can feel that my body looks more fit and more energetic (that is how my girlfriend describes about my body for the last few weeks).
Drinking a lot of water and Herbalife shake have also contributed to my excellent health so far. I used to have excess body fat and visceral fat before, but now everything has consistently reduced.