Current time: 07-23-2014, 02:26 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nadia's MDC Journal
Nadias Offline
width=

I am excited to get started with this challenge.Hopefully it will be the kick in the rear that I need. There are a couple of ideas that I have in mind:

1) I want to increase my income from my current business to $50,000 this year (that's double from last year). I wrote a business plan at the first of the year with my goals but I need to kick it up a notch and start implementing some of the strategies that have been procrastinated on.

2) My passion is travel but I have been too chicken to jump in and try. I've been afraid that it would be too much on me to manage both but I am committing that I am going to give it a try. If I don't at least give it a whirl, I will forever have regrets and will never know for sure.

With that I need to decide on a host (to be a home based agent), attend online training/webinars, order business cards, set up a business line, and work on advertising/direct mail pieces. The host co will provide a website so that will already be taken care of.

3) I am going to get an internet info business started once and for all. Back in Nov, I had articles written and was in the process of implementing when my computer crashed and I lost everything. (Yes it was stupid that I didn't have it backed up...lesson learned). Now I just need to refocus and get it done. I was going to start a blog and website and monetize off affliate products using article marketing. But now I have an interest in either creating my own information product or creating a membership site that would not only be profitable but provide help and support to others. My goal over the next few weeks is to narrow down and decide what I want to focus on first so I can get it up and going.

4) I am going to clear out past projects and ideas from my house. I have had so many ideas for making money but I have a huge problem with following through. As a result, I have inventory and supplies taking up space and creating clutter in my house. I want to review those past projects and see if there is anything that I could implement now or if it would just be a time sucking waste. If not I am going to sell what I can on ebay, yard sale, etc... to earn some extra change. What I can't sell or use, I am donating to charity or throwing out.

My goal is to earn $100,000 this year. Big goal for me but I am going to believe that it will happen. :dance:

My overall long term goal would be to have enough income coming in that I can automate my current business so hired help can run it without me. The way it is now is a drain on my energy as I can never completely leave it to go on vacation, etc.. Even on vacation I have to have my phone and computer/internet available in case something is needed so I am always plugged in and it is wearing. I enjoy it but I don't love it. I will never be able to leave it completely (without outright closing) but I would like to be able to work on it part time so my time and energy could be used to enjoy life which is what it really is about. The other businesses could be worked on anywhere in the world and less wearing on my energy.

I do want to ask anyone participating to help me out. I have already said that I have a hard time following through so you have my permission to kick my butt if I slack and procrastinate. :mrgreen: I need all the motivation I can get so I can reach my goal.
03-11-2011 01:37 AM
Find all posts by this user
Vegetarian Offline
width=

Good luck to you in your efforts. Don't worry about the initial setbacks like losing data. Clicheed it may sound, but Failure is the first stepping stone to success. Keep thinking positive and focussed.
03-11-2011 05:18 PM
grazynqa Offline
width=
Jewellery Designe

(03-11-2011 01:37 AM)Nadias Wrote:  I do want to ask anyone participating to help me out. I have already said that I have a hard time following through so you have my permission to kick my butt if I slack and procrastinate. :mrgreen: I need all the motivation I can get so I can reach my goal.

I would need that too ;).
Good luck in achieving your goals!

03-12-2011 05:29 PM
Nadias Offline
width=

Thanks for the encouragement Vegetarian and grazynqa!

This week has been research week. No income yet (of course). But I have been checking into my options for starting an online business.
03-14-2011 06:01 AM
Ada Offline
width=

Hi!
these sound like really good ideas which you have thought through. Good luck with seeing them through.

I too was thinking about how to deal with having an online business and having to go on holiday etc where I can't really deal with orders and such and how to deal with that... I'm still thinking!

Keep us posted.

03-14-2011 08:37 PM
grazynqa Offline
width=
Jewellery Designe

Hey Nadias, where are you??? Hope that you're just working so hard that you don't have time to update your MDC journal :) !!!

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 12:32 AM by grazynqa.)
03-28-2011 12:32 AM
Nadias Offline
width=

Thanks for checking in on me Grazynqa!

I have actually been sick with a nasty bug. It has been all I could do to stay focused on taking care of my kids and business. I am feeling much better now and I think I am finally caught up on the backlog of paperwork for my business. Just this morning I started researching again and had a lightbulb moment. I somehow ended up on a forum reading a inspirational post a member made about some harrowing challenges he has had in his life. He touched so many just by telling his story and offering hope. I have always believed that nothing is a coincidence and I think I was meant to stumble upon that post this morning. See I have had some really extreme circumstances that I have overcome in my life. It has just never occurred to me before that I could use my story to inspire others and teach what I have learned. I have always wanted to help others while being able to hit all my goals above. I'm excited that this could be how. So I am off to explore what options I can come up with and get started.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2011 03:51 AM by Nadias.)
03-29-2011 03:49 AM
grazynqa Offline
width=
Jewellery Designe

I'm happy to hear from you Nadia!

I don't believe in coincidences neither. I think that God/universe responds to our desires - I experienced it many times in my life.

I'm sure you will come up with an idea. Keep me updated and good luck!

03-29-2011 04:01 PM
Nadias Offline
width=

Over the past week I have been busy researching and learning what I need to know to get started on my business idea. I have to overcome quite a learning curve when it comes to the technical aspects of getting a website up and going, scripts, etc... but diving in and learning as I go is the best thing for me to do and how I learn best.

Today I sat down and wrote out a business plan and had a brainstorming session. Now I can start implementing. Over the next week, my goals are to:
* Review and research what my competition is offering so I can come up with a competitive (and saleable) price point and to also make sure that what I have in mind is indeed not already being offered.
* Start writing. I have already an outline for topics so now the hard part (for me anyways) :D
* Schedule appt with an attorney to discuss any legal issues regarding disclaimers needed, business setup, etc...
* Research software and best format to use.
* Setup web hosting, email account, Aweber, etc...
04-06-2011 07:34 AM