Current time: 07-29-2014, 09:33 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Justice's 21 DHL Journal
Justice Offline
width=

Day 3 of my journey and I am optimistic:) I have discarded all signs of Christmas in the house, including cookies! My teenage daughter and my husband both want to get fit and healthy for 2011 so this is now a team sport for us. I need to monitor my water intake and increase my activity level. I have identified that I have no problem staying on track while at work, but it is the hours of 5-9pm that seem to be the problem. I need to create a new habit that will take the place of mindless munching. Any thoughts? :D
01-04-2011 01:41 AM
Find all posts by this user
Ish Offline
width=
redefining myself

you are doing great!;)
Justice Wrote:it is the hours of 5-9pm that seem to be the problem.
Same for me. Specially during the work week.
I've tried to keep fresh fruit around so I munch on these now:D
01-04-2011 03:05 AM
Justice Offline
width=

(01-04-2011 03:05 AM)Ish Wrote:  you are doing great!;)
Justice Wrote:it is the hours of 5-9pm that seem to be the problem.
Same for me. Specially during the work week.
I've tried to keep fresh fruit around so I munch on these now:D

I love fresh fruit and eat a lot during the day as snacks. I think I'm going to try to eat dinner around 6 and then have a cup of hot tea around 8pm. Having munchies out of the house should help. Thanks for the encouragement Ish! Best of luck to you:)
01-04-2011 03:13 AM
Jade Offline
width=

Hi Justice! :)

Re the 5 - 9 pm problem:
I start back to work 2moro and I think I will have the same problem.
These are my suggestions - I'm going to try them and hope some work for you too :)

1. plan ahead what evening meal is - I have 2 children who dont always eat what I do - they need more calories anyway so I have to plan for them and me!
2. try to plan an exercise session some evenings - I have just rejoined a running club so I know at least one evening a week I will be busy and not eating! - lots of sports centres have evening classes - plan a healthy meal for after the activity
3. plan a light snack to have if you get peckish in the evening eg fruit, yogurt, raw carrots, a soup in a cup, or maybe a light hot chocolate drink if you crave sweet things (I love those) - try to not have the snack till later so you have it to look forward to for most of the evening

Just looked back at what I wrote and it seems that planning is key - evening is such an easy time to snack otherwise ;)
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011 03:18 AM by Jade.)
01-04-2011 03:17 AM
Kootenay Deb Offline
width=

Hi Justice,
Yes, those evening hours can by dynamite for munching! The ideas already posted are good ones - anything that keeps you from eating a 2nd dinner. My advice - stay out of the kitchen. Get yourself that nice cup of tea and then don't go back in there!:)

Since you have a family team effort happening, that will be a help as well. All the best!
01-04-2011 03:32 AM
Jadzia Offline
width=

That's great that you have a family effort going! I've found gum helpful for delaying the munchies. I loath throwing it away immediately after putting it in my mouth, so it gives me just enough delay to escape a snack--or wait until an official meal. Jade has some great ideas as well--I might have to borrow some of them!

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman
01-04-2011 12:50 PM
Justice Offline
width=

DAY 5: Although I've had difficulty logging on for the past two days, I'm happy to say that I have stayed on track! I'm starting to get the willpower to say no to things I shouldn't eat and yes to healthy snacks. I've been exercising everyday and feeling much better about things in general. I've missed posting for two days because I really like the interaction with others. Even virtual support is great support! I hope everyone else is starting to feel good too!!:D
01-06-2011 03:25 AM
Ish Offline
width=
redefining myself

Hi Justice - good to hear of your success :D
Another trick I've found to avoid late night munching is to brush my teeth earlier :mrgreen:
01-06-2011 03:43 AM
Jade Offline
width=

That's a good idea Ish - must try that :)

Hi Justice - I agree posting here is really helping me to stick to what I plan to do - especially when i tell you people I'm planning to something the next day - i kinda feel more motivated to do it. I also hope that if I dont make something I planned I will still come and post and read others journals because that will make me feel better.
Having said that I'm not planning to do anything much tomorrow cos I have to go to the dentist ugh :(

Oh that's another good reason to go brush my teeth!
01-06-2011 07:48 AM