I’m a hugging sort of person. I usually love hugging my son and daughter.
This is the first time I’ve tried hugging myself and it sure feels good.
It's quite difficult to walk barefoot here as the pavements are not clean, and it's risky as well. In any case, during daytime the asphalt to really too hot.
I do love barefoot walking though, but I usually do that on grass or on the sand at the beach.
Too late for the 20th as I already had a cup of tea with breakfast this morning. I used to drink diet Coke, but I've stopped since 1st Jan. I usually take tea in the mornings, and 1-2 cups of coffee at the office. I am not addicted and I've done it before, so it's not going to be difficult.
So my caffeine-free day will be Friday
In the long run, though, rather than excluding all sources of caffeine, I had planned to switch to green tea.
: caffeine-free day is relatively easy for me. No headache or side-effects]
Day 21 – Final Review
Finishing all Tasks:
All tasks done, except Flossing and Barefoot walking which will be done during the weekend.
I’ve already gathered all the materials for my Healthy Living guidebook, and will have to organise and print it out.
I’m also not too happy with the workout task as well. I’ve not doing any strength training or cardio. Just walking 30 mins 3 times per week.
1.On a scale of 1-10, give yourself an overall score on how you've done for the past 21-days.
I would give myself a 7
overall. Health and Lifestyle has been ok, but I have to apply more effort in exercising
2.What have you accomplished/achieved for yourself in the past 21 days in the challenge?
- I’ve lost 1.8 Kg during these 21 days (target was 3kg)
- I eat much healthier
- I have been able to avoid cheese and chocolate for many days. The few times I ate them, it was by choice, not because "I’ve got to have it".
- I have discovered new ways of eating raw and great shakes (thanks to Celes, Glenn and Xina). This has helped me include more veggies and fruits daily (and it’s easy to prepare as well!!)
- I have also made good lifestyle changes such as sleeping before 11pm, practice meditation, reduce my facebook time (specially games)
My main problem has been with exercise. I’ve had to drag myself to go the gym. Although I’ve been walking regularly (around 30 mins three times per week), this is not enough for my weight loss goals.
Planning makes a lot of difference. Also I do not really have important issues with food, I often eat sandwiches because it’s easy and convenient, specially for taking to work or when I am in a hurry.
I have not really been calorie counting – this could be an improvement on my plan so as to achieve weight loss in addition to healthy eating. I realise I have been having higher calorie fruits such as bananas and mangoes.
My plan ahead
- consolidate and fine tune the eating plans I’ve investigated in the past 21 days, but replacing high calorie fruits with better alternatives. Plan work lunches more carefully.
- be more consistent with exercise (check home alternatives)
- Increase practice of QiGong (I’ve received a demo CD and do not know all moves yet).
- gradually wake up earlier so that I can exercise and meditate in the mornings rather than in the evening
The whole 21DHL experience has been great. Thank you Celes for providing this opportunity!!
I have learned many new things which will help me live a healthy life and also lose weight. The most important thing, though has been the community support. I would not have been able to stick to the plan without the constant encouragement and the accountability of the daily journal posting.
Thanks to everyone!!