Current time: 07-29-2014, 01:23 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How To Make 21DHL a Success for All of Us [Please Read]
Celes Offline
width=
Passionate Advocate of Life
Exclamation 
Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for all your active participation, and I'm so glad that you're here on this journey together. Thank you for joining 21DHL & sharing it with your friends/family and I'm very excited in what 21DHL has ahead for all of us!! :D

It's currently 1 day before 21DHL / 1st Jan 2011, and throughout the journey I'll be looking for ways to maximize the whole experience for all of us. I also invite you to do the same too and openly offer your suggestions.

With the number of members we have in the challenge I realize the threads can quickly become quite confusing! To make the usage experience easy for everyone, I'd need everyone's help to keep your posts tidy.

1) Use your 21DHL Journal for all your logs

Don't create new entries with every day or the forums will be very untidy. Write all your 21-day updates inside your 21DHL Journal.

2) Quote only the relevant text in your replies to other members

When replying to other members, please quote only necessary line/text, then type your reply. There's no need to quote the whole post as it'll SERIOUSLY JAM UP the whole threads and you'll make it very difficult for others to read the posts. Some of you did that in Day 0's pre-work and I've edited it for you. Moving forward I really need everyone's cooperation for this.

3) The best way for others to comment on your posts is if you start commenting on others' posts first!

On top of sharing your answers/progress/reflections each day (which is terrific!), read and reply to others' posts too! Offer your thoughts, share some insights, or just offer some encouragement - whatever's relevant for you. You'll find that as you do that, more and more people will naturally start paying attention to what you write and start offering comments and support etc to you too!

At the end of the day, 21DHL is a community effort, where everyone share and learn together. It exists because of you! Let's all work together to make this a huge success! :D

-------------------------------------------

I'll continue to post new things here as I see them, and feel free to share via replying below.

Ok, enjoy everyone, and let's rock the last month of 2010 now!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::hug:glomp:dance:

"If you want to get something you have never gotten before, you have to do something you have never done before."
Personal Excellence - For people passionate about achieving excellence in life
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 05:01 PM by Celes.)
12-31-2010 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user
stinelie Offline
width=

Hi Celes,

I have a suggestion that i'd like to poste.
I'm rather overwelmed by the number of people attending and the volume of updates and text added to the forums each day.
I'd truly like to keep up to date but following so many people feels like it might end up taking more time than it gives value.
Though i don't like the thought of people writing less, as i feel the true value first comes when you get a feel for a person and their situation.

So my suggestion is as follows, all the journals/people could be "subdevided" into followup groups, for example for each ten in your signup list there's one groupe that should back eachother up and read all of eachothers posts. I suggest ten as then there's still life in each groupe even if someone falls off or are less active, as well as there being enough people for diversety and inspirations. The journals could either be merged or if possible be moved into groupe folders.

So that's my suggestion, I know i would feel like a better participant atleast if I read all that i should read each day.

Best

Stine

--- Let me make 2011 the year I've been waiting for ---
01-01-2011 01:14 AM
Celes Offline
width=

Hey Stine! Thanks for your suggestion! I agree that there is an overwhelming number of participants in the challenge (always a great thing!) and the question here is on maximizing the value everyone can get out of 21DHL. I've a plan where I'll categorize everyone into several big groups based on the first letter of their username. I'll be implementing it tomorrow (come Day 1) and will share the details in Day 1's post.

In the meantime, hang on tight for Day 1 for 21DHL and focus on bringing your 21-day action plan to life! Also even after the break out into groups, remember that you don't have to read everyone's journals too to be on track - you can selectively pick the ones you feel connected with and follow theirs through the challenge.

"If you want to get something you have never gotten before, you have to do something you have never done before."
01-01-2011 01:42 AM
Gordie Offline
width=
Crazy for nuts!

I think what you've done by dividing us into three groups is fine. Not everyone will post everyday. All your other suggestions make sense and will help keep things smooth here.

One thing. Can I reply to others in my diary thread? I think that's okay, right?

01-01-2011 01:54 PM
Celes Offline
width=

Hey Gordie! Yes you definitely can; please go ahead and do so! :D The more we converse with one another, the better! It'll make the whole process a lot more fun and enjoyable, and when we're enjoying something, rates of success = x10000 higher :D

01-01-2011 03:15 PM
Ninschubur Offline
width=

Hi celes, hi all,

I have read this wonderful quote on tinybuddha.com and I want th share it with you:

"Resolutions fail because they don’t emerge from true breakthroughs—they’re calendar-driven obligations; and they often address the symptoms, not the cause of our unhappiness."

:heart: Nin

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid. (Epictetus)l
01-03-2011 01:26 AM
lclove Offline
width=

Hi Celes,

I am very new at this posting and replying thing. I'm not even sure if I'm doing it correctly. I have posted 2 journal entries. Can you tell me if there in the right place? I'm not really sure how to get the correct place, I use a different method each time. I just locate Group #6 on the Forum and place post. Please advise.

Thanks!
01-04-2011 01:14 AM
Celes Offline
width=

Hey lclove! :D You should post your 21DHL journal entries under 1 thread. I've helped you to shift your Day 2-3 post into your original 21DHL journal here: http://personalexcellence.co/forums/show...p?tid=270. Simply continue posting your new entries via clicking "New Reply" in the thread above. Let me know if you've any more questions! :D

01-04-2011 04:42 AM