Current time: Dec 20, 2014 at, 9:13 pm Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

» 21DMC Days 9-10 - Meditating to raise our consciousness
serenity89 Offline
width=

Day 9: Quick meditation today- 8 minutes!
(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2011 at 11:41 am by serenity89.)
Oct 17, 2011 at 11:25 am
Find all posts by this user
ganeshmuthiah Offline
width=

We lost our 5 months old baby, Could not find time over the weekend.
Try to focus but fail and only manage to keep up for 3min.

Cheers:)
GaneshMuthiah
Oct 17, 2011 at 11:51 am
run4kelly Offline
width=

Listened to a new guided meditation today.

Non-dual Guided Meditation(30 minutes).

Still finding it difficult to update in the daily forum and my journal.

I am enjoying setting the intention every day to meditate.
Oct 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm
livewellplayhard Offline
width=

(Oct 17, 2011 at 11:51 am)ganeshmuthiah Wrote:  We lost our 5 months old baby, Could not find time over the weekend.

Oh my gosh. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Day 9 Oct 16: 28 min. evening only.
I have struggled over the last week, details are in my journal. My action item here is to schedule this into my daily routine. Without that, I will not be able to practice consistently. This is what I will work on this week.
(This post was last modified: Oct 17, 2011 at 1:16 pm by livewellplayhard.)
Oct 17, 2011 at 1:12 pm
Andreea Offline
width=
nature & animals lover

Day 9 meant 25 minutes of guided meditation (5+5+15 because of the external interruptions) and at least 30 minutes of walking meditation.
I didn`t met so many animal friends as the day before during it, but the brightness and splendor of the nature around and the wonderful people that I met were the gifts of this day.

Quote:We lost our 5 months old baby, Could not find time over the weekend.

Ganesh, I`m so, so sorry for your loss.... All my good thoughts and my heart flies to you and to your family.
Oct 17, 2011 at 1:16 pm
Matt Offline
width=
handsome revolutionary

(Oct 17, 2011 at 11:51 am)ganeshmuthiah Wrote:  We lost our 5 months old baby, Could not find time over the weekend.

That's awful. My deepest condolences, Ganesh.
Oct 17, 2011 at 2:33 pm
Bob Offline
width=

Hi Ganesh,
Warmest wishes to you and your family. I hope you find a new balance soon and the lost fades away without to much pain.
Bob

Hi Celes,
Some landlords and people will find find any excuse to justify a course of action.
Meditated for 15 minutes day 9 and 10.
(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2011 at 1:55 pm by Bob.)
Oct 17, 2011 at 2:34 pm
Luis_magalhaes Offline
width=
The Kwisatz Haderach

Day 10: meditated for 42 minutes, details here in the journal as usual.

Not sure if I should have updated both day 9 and day 10 on the same post, so I'll go and edit my previous one also.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate; hate leads to... suffering." - Master Yoda
Oct 17, 2011 at 3:29 pm
elezhara Offline
width=

I´m so sorry :( There are no words to describe the lost of a child. My thoughts are with you, Ganesh.
Day 10: I did a short guided meditation, just 6 min.
(This post was last modified: Oct 17, 2011 at 4:11 pm by elezhara.)
Oct 17, 2011 at 4:08 pm
Amanda Offline
width=
~Goal Achiever~

Day 9
Meditated for an hour.

Day 10
Have meditated for 1h (consisting of morning and afternoon session) and plan to meditate for about 1h (give or take) at night. Will update the night session soon after it. Update: Meditated for 2h 15 minutes today. :D

Hello guys, my blog has been launched. Hope you can pop by! Great Life Blog
(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2011 at 12:16 am by Amanda.)
Oct 17, 2011 at 4:39 pm
Vellata Offline
width=

Day 9
completed just 5 minutes of Silva meditation. No additional silence. Weekends seem to me the most distracting time and I'm happy that within this challenge I've now been able to persist through 2 of them already (weekends and travels were reasons for my previous failures in cultivating this habit).
Day 10
completed 20 minutes, most of the part in deep silence, without visualization or affirmations.
Oct 17, 2011 at 6:49 pm
Ariane Offline
width=

Oh my gosh, Ganesh, I don't know what to say except that my thoughts are with you and your family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 9 : 20 minutes guided meditation called "mental landscape".
More details in journal.

For Day 10 : I will also meditate just before going to bed and will confirm tomorrow.

Confirmation :20 min guided meditation lying in bed before sleeping "lake meditation". More details in the journal.

"You don’t have to live your life the way other people expect you to" Chris Gillebeau
(This post was last modified: Oct 19, 2011 at 8:21 pm by Ariane.)
Oct 17, 2011 at 7:03 pm
annanabananamc Offline
width=

(Oct 17, 2011 at 11:51 am)ganeshmuthiah Wrote:  We lost our 5 months old baby...

Ganesh - I cannot begin to imagine your pain, I am so sorry for your loss. I will include you in my meditation today, sending loving light energy to you and your family.

Celes - as for the landlord thing, good for you for staying above it. Not sure how it works there, but over here in the states, it is quite normal for a landlord to begin to see things wrong when the lease is almost finished. In that way, they can justify keeping the security deposit you have placed on the apartment.

You story of staying out of the fray reminds me of an interview with the author/poet Maya Angelou which I saw once. The interviewer had asked her how she managed to keep from being constantly angry at the racism and sexism she faced as a powerful black woman. She put up her hand and said 'I simply remind myself, when others are speaking these things, "I'm not in that".' I use this line all the time when people are trying to direct emotions or words at me that have nothing to do with me as a person, I'm not IN that!
Oct 17, 2011 at 7:38 pm
Apu Offline
width=
Combat Hero

Day 9: I meditated for 1 hour and six minutes.

Day 10: I meditated for 2 hours.
(This post was last modified: Oct 17, 2011 at 8:19 pm by Apu.)
Oct 17, 2011 at 8:19 pm
annanabananamc Offline
width=

Day 10: 12 minutes

Back to the morning meditation and I really need it today to start out calm, because Monday's are CRAZY here!

Mindfulness meditation series #1. Not as successful as it could be (cat joined me, my son woke in the middle, and I was in monkey mind a lot) but still better start to the day than skipping it.
Oct 17, 2011 at 8:40 pm
ASLO Offline
width=
Seeker of true self

day 9 : i meditated for 15 minutes and felt really calm and composed.

day 10 : i meditated for 20 minutes and learnt that don't hold on any negative thoughts.... you will feel relaxed. try to hold your breathe for few seconds , how do you feel? chocked up !! same feeling you will have if you hold on something negative. just release it gently, you will feel lighter.......

:heart: Meditation is the acknowledgement with the inner self:heart:
Oct 17, 2011 at 9:05 pm
Annamarika Offline
width=

Celes, I admire the way dealed with the situation with your landlord! Way to go :)

Day 9 was just 5 minutes for me.
Oct 17, 2011 at 9:19 pm
Celes Offline
width=
Passionate Advocate of Life

Hey everyone! Help needed - Some of you mentioned "Meditated xx today", but the problem is there's no way for me to tell which day it is for you (i.e. Day 9 or 10) since everyone is in a different time zone. For those who did not specify whether it's Day 9 or 10, can you return to your post and edit it? Then I can log in your meditation thereafter. Thanks!

* As I'm writing this, it's 2:30pm, GMT +1 (Oct 17). For those who are not able to edit it in the next 8 hours (that's when I'll update the chart), I'll just assume it's Day 9.

(Oct 17, 2011 at 9:18 am)Leah Wrote:  
(Oct 17, 2011 at 2:20 am)Celes Wrote:  Interestingly enough too, during the big "fight", I suddenly got reminded of this quote: “Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high that the offense cannot reach it.” – Rene Descartes. I immediately recalled our 21DMC that's going on right at this moment, and couldn't help but make a little smile to myself - Because I know all of you are cultivating yourselves through meditation, and raising yourselves so high that no offense or low consciousness actions can ever effect you.

It's wonderful you managed to rise above the unpleasantness Celes! :)

I would be curious to hear your opinion on this matter of "rising above" things. When I mentally make an effort to rise above or dissociate myself from an unpleasant event of other people's egos, I find myself feeling myself stepping mentally back or mentally rising above it. Today someone mentioned that doing this may be dangerous because it's almost as if I'm stepping out of my body by doing this, and that that's not advisable because if you're not in your body, you're open to scary stuff happening like possessions :/ This really frightened me because I'd never thought that could happen! What is your opinion on this?

Hey Leah! I really don't think there's anything to be fearful about it - our souls are always connected to our body by a spiritual cord (like an umbilical cord of sorts), and there's no way this cord can get severed unless we die in the spiritual world. The other thing is, when you keep your mind clear of fear-based thoughts, there's no way low consciousness beings/spirits can ever reach you. They can only 'possess' or interfere with people who are already in that low level of vibration to begin with. Keep yourself in a love-based state, with high consciousness thoughts, and you'll continue to attract things/beings of high consciousness. I personally recommend to be open to what others say, but always be discerning of the vibration the advice-giver is in because you don't want to weigh yourself down with fear-based thinking. It sounds to me that the person who mentioned that might be in a fear-based vibration him/herself, so as such I'd take what was shared with a pinch of salt.

(Oct 17, 2011 at 11:09 am)annanabananamc Wrote:  Honestly, if it wasn't for the challenge and my desire to get that tick every day on the chart, it wouldn't have happened.

Kudos to you, annanabananamc! :clap: (Love your nick by the way, lol!)

(Oct 17, 2011 at 11:16 am)Vroom Wrote:  that's cool about how you handled it Celes! You now have three more potential followers for your blog...your landlords and your roommate :D :D. Just mail them a link ;)

LOL. :D I think they'll freak out if they see themselves being mentioned here (even if there are no names given and no way they could ever get identified). The other thing is English isn't their first language and my landlord isn't able of expressing herself well in English, which is probably the other reason for all the fighting and arguments lately. Either way I'm taking all of these as interesting growth lessons, like I mentioned in my earlier reply.

Ganesh, I'm so sorry about that. What happened exactly, if you don't mind me asking? If you'd like to share, we'll be more than glad to provide a listening ear and source of support. Either way our thoughts are with you and your family.

"If you want to get something you have never gotten before, you have to do something you have never done before."
Personal Excellence - For people passionate about achieving excellence in life
(This post was last modified: Oct 17, 2011 at 10:36 pm by Celes.)
Oct 17, 2011 at 10:34 pm
kgrossdds Offline
width=

Day 9: I meditated for 8 minutes today. It was a silent meditation, and I just concentrated on how I wanted my day to go, and what things that I appreciated. I set a timer to go off, b/c I was worried that I would fall asleep and be late for work! Is that appropriate to do? Any suggestions for coming back to reality in a more peaceful way?
(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2011 at 1:22 am by kgrossdds.)
Oct 18, 2011 at 1:21 am
AH888 Offline
width=
Deeply & Creatively Disturbed

DAY 9 meditation:
UPDATE: I completed 25 more minutes in the evening of DAY 9. It was a guided meditation at bedtime. And I didn't fall asleep this time :D

(Oct 18, 2011 at 1:21 am)kgrossdds Wrote:  ...Is that appropriate to do? Any suggestions for coming back to reality in a more peaceful way?

Dear kgrossdds,
There's no right or wrong way to do meditation. I use an alarm myself, when I am pressed for time. If the alarm is helpful to you, then keep using it. The cool things is, if you keep meditating at the same time of day, eventually your body will KNOW when it's time to stop, and you won't need the alarm anymore.

As for a more peaceful way to come out of it, I would suggest using a guided meditation which brings you out of your meditation very gently. Or, if you prefer to use an alarm, you can take some deep breaths, ground yourself with an image or a prayer or a mantra, and remember the peaceful state you were just in. Stretching after meditation is always a good idea. Take a minute to bring your presence into the world.

Wishing you well on your journey! :heart:

"Leap, and the net will appear." ~Zen koan~
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” ~Ghandi~
(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2011 at 1:34 am by AH888.)
Oct 18, 2011 at 1:25 am