Current time: 04-24-2014, 10:41 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

21DMC Day 4 - Reflecting on your meditation thus far
Apu Offline
width=

I have a question, how do I delete posts when I post them on another thread other than mine?
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2011 10:20 PM by Apu.)
10-12-2011 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user
Celes Offline
width=
Passionate Advocate of Life

Hey Apu! You can't delete posts. Reason being that there were times when forumers deleted posts after others have replied to it, hence throwing the discussion out of the loop. I'll recommend to edit the necessary things in the post, then explain/detail what the edit is.

"If you want to get something you have never gotten before, you have to do something you have never done before."
Personal Excellence - For people passionate about achieving excellence in life
10-12-2011 10:32 PM
Saf Offline
width=
Seeker

Hey everyone....I completed 15 mins meditation on Day 4 it was interesting to see how my meditation went on a day where things did not steer in the right direction..or some might say "it was a bad day!" Although I don't like to think along these thought patterns...it's all about perception right!? Anyways...I found meditation a bit challenging because of the impressions that my day had left on me...I tried to meditate...but my mind was really active, so I tried to just do a bit of visual meditation after my 15 mins to release any tension I might have carried from my day.

My insight thus far is the realization that we have a lot more control over our life then our thoughts and reactions enable us to have
10-12-2011 11:14 PM
pollykala1970 Offline
width=
friend maker

(10-11-2011 02:20 PM)Bob Wrote:  Hi everybody,
I meditated today doing the Bodhipaksa: Mindfulness Breathing for 12 minutes. Carefully observing thoughts and seeing them flow through me. Yesterday I felt more centred and focused during my day as if my thoughts had been gathered together and become clearer and stronger. I am consciously observing my thoughts more and more separating emotions and actions.

Celes, if I understand correctly I post here to be included in the progress chart? I have been posting in my journal.

Hey Bob
I think i have used that one. It is the one you start with your eye's open? Anyway good luck.

Be who you are and say what you feel because the people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter.
10-12-2011 11:22 PM
livewellplayhard Offline
width=

Day 4 10/11: 25 minutes

Workweek and need to work on scheduling this in so very short post. It's amazing how much 25 minutes can disrupt things, but it's all a matter of prioritizing and changing habits! I will have additional information in my Journal
10-12-2011 11:29 PM
Apu Offline
width=

(10-12-2011 10:32 PM)Celes Wrote:  Hey Apu! You can't delete posts. Reason being that there were times when forumers deleted posts after others have replied to it, hence throwing the discussion out of the loop. I'll recommend to edit the necessary things in the post, then explain/detail what the edit is.

OK, thanks for your response! glomp
10-12-2011 11:41 PM
Ace Of Keys Offline
width=

Instead of doing 1 long session of meditation I felt like I wanted to try out pockets of meditation throughout the day for Day 4. Actually it felt kinda good. It made me realize that small bursts and a long session work together because they both bring what i need to the table. The small burst bringing moments of clarity throughout the day and long sessions give me a sense of being grounded. it feels good ;)
10-12-2011 11:45 PM
Texas Offline
width=

My Day 4 - 15 min evening meditation.
I attempted a guided meditation which didn't work out so well. The guided meditation was too fast paced, I couldn't focus!!! :( I attempted another one right after which was better but still too fast paced. I did get some great visuals from it though. He told me to visualize I was at the top of a staircase where there are 15 stairs. As you step down one by one, you get deeper into the spiritual realm until you step off the last step and you are there.
Since it was a bit fast paced I didn't quite get "there" but I did like the visual. I'll have to try it on my own.

One thing I've learned is that it is much easier to focus in the morning than the evening. In doing so, I am much more focused, alert, and happy. I also noticed I handle tough situations throughout the day without stressing first (which I'm horrible at). No stress = happy me.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. --Mohandas Gandhi
:dance:
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2011 01:20 AM by Texas.)
10-13-2011 01:18 AM
Thulemin Offline
width=
Daughter of the winds

Did it, 10 min :)

My key insight: I have a lot of thoughts flying by so I see meditation as a "processing" time rather than a "calming" one. That's how it works for me hehe I guess if I start meditating longer, the processing part will give way to a more "inner peace" state after a while :)

An eye for an eye only ends up making the world blind. (Gandhi)
http://matsallehrempit.wordpress.com
10-13-2011 01:56 AM
run4kelly Offline
width=

Late getting caught up on posting to the daily thread:

Day 4:

Meditation time 20:00 for 30 minutes

Listened to guided meditations and included one on guided imagery.

I like the intention of setting aside time each day for this practice.
10-13-2011 02:15 AM
Matt Offline
width=
handsome revolutionary

Sorry I didn't post this yesterday. I meditated 20 minutes on my couch again. I'm really enjoy this time.

My one insight would be related to what Celes said. Meditation is not about not thinking. I enjoy the experience and am more likely to get more insight into my life if I simply let what happens happen. I'll admit that I do often try to not think. This is because I believe unconscious habitual thought can be destructive and keeps us from truly experience life now. After some contemplation and reading others beliefs I am finding that I may have misinterpreted or misunderstood some spiritual texts I have read in the past though. Anyway, my point is that not trying and not expecting anything at all is the best way to enjoy meditation :D
(10-12-2011 05:50 AM)Andreea Wrote:  p.s: dear Celes, today you touched again so beautifully my life and made me so happy :hug: : while I was waiting on the line on a supermarket, I helped just a little bit the lady behind me, we started to talk and then she was so kind and helped me to receive some fidelity points and many cartoon stickers for my nephew - I was so thrilled and touched by her kindness (and right then I remembered about your beautiful comment on the Emotional Generosity Day from 30BBM :heart: ) that I asked her if I can hug her - and I even did it, yayyy!!! - it felt sooooo wonderful doing it and the lady was only a smile, just like me after it and during all my evening walk to home - thank you from all my heart for it glompglompglomp
Well, hugging a stranger is on my bucket list, but that lady felt like a friend after only few moments, so I don`t know if I should consider this as an completed item from it or not.. I think I need a real stranger :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw. That's cute! Haha.

I think it counts!

(10-12-2011 08:41 PM)Praying Mantis Wrote:  Key Insight:
Whenever I can’t figure something out right away and/or forgot what I was doing. I have been saying, to myself, to stop and take a min. So, I close my eyes and take a breath. And I end up finding out what ever it was I needed:) Also, it is coming more naturally.

Yes, meditation can definitely gives us wonderful insights into our lives. I haven't done this lately but I used to keep a journal by my side while meditating just in case I received an epiphany I didn't want to forget.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2011 04:38 AM by Matt.)
10-13-2011 04:28 AM
Celes Offline
width=
Passionate Advocate of Life

(10-12-2011 05:50 AM)Andreea Wrote:  p.s: dear Celes, today you touched again so beautifully my life and made me so happy :hug: : while I was waiting on the line on a supermarket, I helped just a little bit the lady behind me, we started to talk and then she was so kind and helped me to receive some fidelity points and many cartoon stickers for my nephew - I was so thrilled and touched by her kindness (and right then I remembered about your beautiful comment on the Emotional Generosity Day from 30BBM :heart: ) that I asked her if I can hug her - and I even did it, yayyy!!! - it felt sooooo wonderful doing it and the lady was only a smile, just like me after it and during all my evening walk to home - thank you from all my heart for it glompglompglomp
Well, hugging a stranger is on my bucket list, but that lady felt like a friend after only few moments, so I don`t know if I should consider this as an completed item from it or not.. I think I need a real stranger :D

Aw that's the sweetest and cutest thing ever, Andreea! :D :hug: :hug: Seriously though, don't thank me for it, because it's all to your credit. It wouldn't have happened if not for the kindness, warmth and goodness of your heart! And I'm sure you must have made the lady's day with that hug right there. :D

Which gives me an idea that I should probably think about arranging for a real life, free hugs campaign. Maybe in a city with a big group of PE readers - just going around giving people free hugs. That'd be really fun!

"If you want to get something you have never gotten before, you have to do something you have never done before."
Personal Excellence - For people passionate about achieving excellence in life
10-13-2011 04:45 AM
Dule Offline
width=

Day 4 Completed :) 50 minutes today. :) I took some time to sit in the quietness and blissful state of my inner temple, and i played a bit when i raised my energy shield this morning :D

This human form is temporary, Enjoy playing the game, even be serious about it if you wish, but do not get so attached to this form that you forget who you truly are - A spiritual being having a human experience :) ;)
10-13-2011 05:32 AM
360Minutes Offline
width=
Helpful Blogger

Zero meditation.

What I've learned - or recognized again - is I enjoy being in the environment I create. After many years of building it, it requires almost no conscious effort to maintain or "hold" as I explore it.

Andrew Twitter
My blog: 360 Minutes ... Work less, Get more done, Enjoy life!
10-13-2011 11:02 AM
angelo Offline
width=
Feel the music

Celes I cant delete the post(it is for day 5) i will post on day 5
I have meditated for 1 hour and 20 minutes : )
Details in my Journal(if i have time to update now) : )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Best Person, Best Life"

”Perfection does not exist - you can always do better and you can always grow.” -Les Brown

1-30/12/2010 - The Best Month, for the Best Start
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2011 03:55 PM by angelo.)
10-13-2011 03:46 PM
monica Offline
width=

For day 4 I have nothing. I was so buzy I totally forgot all about meditation. It takes time to make this a habit so I think I need to learn to set some time aside for this and emphasis for my family that they are not allowed to disturb me when I'm doing this.
10-13-2011 08:37 PM
fufu Offline
width=
Rookie Author

Day 4

Were you able to complete your meditation practice today? Why/Why not?

I'm surprised I've been able to meditate, if even a lil bit, all this days O_O Still haven't got the hang of it very well but an insight I've learned is that we should all meditate in a way we personally can access our inner mind to analyze. My way is walking while listening to music.

If yes, how did your meditation go? What meditation did you do? Where did you meditate? How long did you meditate for?

Today I meditated for 30 minutes. When I started walking in circles on my living room I noticed I could observe many thoughts in my mind. This is something I had done for years now but I never thought it could be considered mediating. I'm not sure what type of music I should use but on this day I did not use meditating music.

Anything you want to share about the meditation itself?

This type of meditating makes me cry sometimes since more impacting and meaningful thoughts can cross my mind at an easy and fast pace.

Anything you have learned for yourself today? (whether related or non-related to meditation)

I like to meditate in the shower and walking in circles, not outside as I am too distracted afraid of the cars.

:heart:
“There’s no next time. It’s now or never.”
:heart:
10-13-2011 08:51 PM
Dule Offline
width=

Day 4 Completed :) 45 minutes of Meditation in Pure Bliss.
I made some changes and decisions over my entire day layout, and my time management.
I now moved my half an hour meditation also early in the morning, with a small pause between my Sahaja Yoga Meditation.
I will update on the ongoing insights i am experiencing, and about the lesions i've learned about my self and the way i am and behave as soon as possible, hence i am undergoing an entire inner and outer overhaul, and my entire life and my perceptions are too.

Thank you guys, and the best of luck on your journey in the depths of pure bliss.
Dule :)

This human form is temporary, Enjoy playing the game, even be serious about it if you wish, but do not get so attached to this form that you forget who you truly are - A spiritual being having a human experience :) ;)
10-14-2011 07:47 AM
nrwilson Offline
width=
I'm on my way!

2 sessions. Total of 29 minutes.
10-14-2011 12:14 PM