Current time: 10-25-2014, 03:15 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

21DMC Day 21 - Last day of the challenge... not!
Celes Offline
width=
Passionate Advocate of Life

Hey everyone! Welcome to Day 21 of 21DMC! :D

This is it - we're now in the last and final day of 21DMC. Sorry for the down time yesterday - we're in the middle of a shift to a bigger and better server, and I had to take the forums offline to facilitate with the shift. Unfortunately the shift is not finished yet (still a lot to be done!) - so I decided to reopen the boards regardless, so we can continue with 21DMC.

Due to the server and forums down time, I'll be leaving the meditation group thread open for the next 48 hours, so everyone can post their meditation logs in the meantime (it's Oct 28, 6pm GMT +1 now as I'm typing this). Meaning, this is NOT the final group thread for 21DMC. I'll only close all the logs and do the final round up post for 21DMC on Oct 30, where we can (a) review and see how everyone has done in the 21 days (b) reflect on your meditation journey in these 3 weeks © create your action plan moving forward in maintaining your meditation habit.

So for today, please share your meditation experience!!

Share Your Meditation Experience For Day 21!

1. Were you able to complete your meditation practice today? Why/Why not?
  2. If yes, how did your meditation go? What meditation did you do? Where did you meditate? How long did you meditate for?
  3. Anything you want to share about the meditation itself?
  4. Anything you have learned for yourself today? (whether related or non-related to meditation)

Look forward to reading your updates! :D

"If you want to get something you have never gotten before, you have to do something you have never done before."
Personal Excellence - For people passionate about achieving excellence in life
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011 04:58 AM by Celes.)
10-29-2011 02:14 AM
Find all posts by this user
Vellata Offline
width=

Completed 15 minutes.
Regular meditation seems already a part of my life, but I still think, if I wish to continue living with this habit (and I do), I can't relax right now and slip in no-meditation days after the challenge is over. May be 21 day is too short time after all?
Glad you're moving to the better server :). The little downtimes are nothing, compared to the benefits we all will gain.
10-29-2011 02:48 AM
Luis_magalhaes Offline
width=
The Kwisatz Haderach

Hey Celes and everyone,

Sounds great. The 21 days went by quite fast.

Today I meditated for 40 minutes

Thanks for gettign the foruns open again so fast, you're working hard as always. :)

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate; hate leads to... suffering." - Master Yoda
10-29-2011 03:27 AM
ksbisnauth Offline
width=

15 minutes this morning! Woohoo! :D
10-29-2011 04:41 AM
MissOhlsson Offline
width=
Hello sunshine :D

Hi!

So on the last day of this challenge I did 50 min of meditation all together. Details will be in my journal.

Good working with the site Celes.
Have a nice Friday everyone :)

"when I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead" - Barney Stinson :mrgreen:
10-29-2011 05:42 AM
zoom6628 Offline
width=

15 minutes for the final day. This is becoming integral to the 'completeness' of my morning, and sets me up for the day. I was a little frustrated about not being to log in my time on the same day as I did the meditation. On further thinking makes me realise that for me I have the need to be 'responsible' in some way or to be 'accountable'. I think this is what helps me to stay on target for things. Im so easily distracted that this reporting in via the BBS is excellent tool to have kept me on track. Think this is also fundamental to building a habit. I was bugging people at work about my yoga practice to the point now that 3 (out of office staff of 20+) are now doing yoga onr egular basis. Now time to start bugging them about meditation.....see how many we can get doint it regularly.

Big thank you and bundles of metta go out to all my fellow participants and to Celes for organising. Can say enough thank yous to you all for being on the journey, and wishing you all progress and continuation of your meditation for the rest of your life.

Thanks,
Matt.
10-29-2011 10:23 AM
serenity89 Offline
width=

Day 21- 5 minutes!
10-29-2011 12:15 PM
Leah Offline
width=

Day 21 - last day!! 10 minutes

Thank you Celes for organizing this whole meditation event. Without you, I'm not sure when I would have had the motivation to do 21 days straight of meditating!
10-29-2011 01:30 PM
ganeshmuthiah Offline
width=

25min for day 21st

Cheers:)
GaneshMuthiah
10-29-2011 01:38 PM
Bob Offline
width=

Good luck with the new server Celes.

Meditated for 15minutes today.
10-29-2011 01:49 PM
christinick Offline
width=

Did 20 minutes today.

In spite of my weird schedule, I was able to make it happen most days. At this point, it feels pretty close to a habit. I plan to keep it up going forward!
10-29-2011 02:48 PM
niem Offline
width=
"Love Simply Is"

This one too. Uh-oh. Posted my update yesterday but it did not seem to show up. Oh well. Its the last day yesterday.
Meditated for 19 mins with beginner's yoga.

I thank again Celes for this wonderful challenge, and to all of you, who had been part of this. Meditation did not only gave me time for myself, but it also give me a better understanding of what I want now for my life. Cheers everyone!
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 03:35 PM by niem.)
10-29-2011 03:34 PM
Apu Offline
width=
Combat Hero

Meditated for more than an hour on Day 21.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 05:55 PM by Apu.)
10-29-2011 05:53 PM
elezhara Offline
width=

20 min meditation today!! Whow the 21 days went by so fast!!
10-29-2011 06:49 PM
annanabananamc Offline
width=

Day 21: 23 minutes
Tara Brach meditation on intention

I waited til the very end of the day to meditate today. I felt kind of angry inside that the boards were down on our last day of the challenge. I felt abandoned in a way - an old childhood issue rearing its ugly head. Something about trying so hard to do something right and successfully, only to be ignored in the end. Once I could recognize the issue, I could smile and let go of the resentment and taking things personally, and get on with my life, and my meditation.
10-29-2011 07:26 PM
Andria Yiasmin Offline
width=

Hi Celes on day 21 I was able to do a 9 min meditation but I couldn't post it here so yes here it is:)

10-29-2011 07:35 PM
Vroom Offline
width=
Crouching Tiger

1 hour! :)

definitely doesnt end here. going to be continuing my journey into my inner world.

Cheers!
10-29-2011 08:42 PM
eysqueen Offline
width=

Last day 10 min

The challenge did go by so fast! I am happy to report that I have picked up a new habit. Even if I can't find the time to slip it in, I'm still aware of it, and I think that counts.

yay for positive habits!

if you can't laugh at yourself...;)
10-29-2011 09:43 PM
Praying Mantis Offline
width=

DAY 21

-1st time: 9 min Mindful Meditation

4.Anything you have learned for yourself today? (whether related or non-related to meditation)
That it is so much fun to do simple goals. Like learning how to use chopsticks! It was easier then I thought it would be.

Would I like to continue with this meditation habit moving forward? YES!!! :D
I will continue, on this path of for filling my life's journey. I feel better then I have, in a long time:)

Thank you everyone! For being here, for me on this challenge of learning and understanding.

--♥♡♥--“Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you.”~Unknown--♥♡♥--
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 11:52 PM by Praying Mantis.)
10-29-2011 11:49 PM
Atira Offline
width=

Day 21 and the last day of the challenge but not the last day of meditation for me.
Time : 7 minutes
It was a brief period of meditation but it felt good.
10-30-2011 01:52 AM