Current time: Nov 26, 2014 at, 9:12 am Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

» 21DMC Day 13 - Diamonds in the rough
Celes Offline
width=
Passionate Advocate of Life

Hey everyone! Welcome to Day 13 of 21DMC! :D

We're now at Day 13, and many of you are still going very strong. Keep up the amazing work - I'm SO proud of you. Know that there can be many people who talk about wanting to do something in life, but very few people who are willing to commit the effort and pull through to the end. You guys are among the minority who rise above others who have only the intention to meditate but don't follow-up with action. Because of that, you're already winners in your own right.

The phrase in today's title, "Diamonds in the rough", refers to "someone (or something) that has hidden exceptional characteristics and/or future potential, but currently lacks the final touches that would make them (or it) truly stand out from the crowd." (from Urban dictionary). Drawing a parallel with 21DMC, all of us are diamonds in the rough, prior to meditation. Through meditation, we get to polish off the dirt (the mental clutter) that has piled on top of us over the days/weeks/months/years. Through meditation, we get to uncover our inner self on the inside, waiting to be unleashed - the real diamond that's waiting to shine.

Are you seeing your diamond yet after the past couple of weeks of meditation? Sparks of it perhaps? Some of you might have caught a glimpse of it, or even connected with it in some instances during your meditation. Keep at it (with your meditation practice), and you'll find the connection strengthening more and more over time. Soon, you'd be developing such a strong link that you're able to tap into it anytime and anywhere you want, without having to immerse into a meditative state. When that happens, that'll be truly be the ultimate form of meditation - something that's been ingrained into our daily life vs. just an activity that happens for 10-30 minutes every day/every other day.

We only have slightly over a week left - let's now give the remaining 8 days ahead our very best!

Group Progress Chart

Here's an update on the group progress so far:

To be included in the chart every day, simply fall into the group meditation threads that are posted in this very forum daily.

Share Your Meditation Experience For Day 13!

1. Were you able to complete your meditation practice today? Why/Why not?
  2. If yes, how did your meditation go? What meditation did you do? Where did you meditate? How long did you meditate for?
  3. Anything you want to share about the meditation itself?
  4. Anything you have learned for yourself today? (whether related or non-related to meditation)

Look forward to reading your updates! :D

"If you want to get something you have never gotten before, you have to do something you have never done before."
Personal Excellence - For people passionate about achieving excellence in life
(This post was last modified: Oct 31, 2011 at 5:05 am by Celes.)
Oct 20, 2011 at 10:02 am
Find all posts by this user
Luis_magalhaes Offline
width=
The Kwisatz Haderach

Hey Celes,

Today I meditated for 43 minutes.

I don't know about diamonds, but I do feel more relaxed during my daily activities. That's good enough for me.

You're going to Spain tomorrow, right? Have a nice flight! :)

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate; hate leads to... suffering." - Master Yoda
Oct 20, 2011 at 2:10 pm
Bob Offline
width=

Hi Celes,
Congratulations on Spain enjoy it, look forward to hearing more.

Meditated for 15 minutes this morning. I like the diamond analogy. It is only by constant refinement will we make a beautiful diamond that is cut, polished and shines for all to see.
Oct 20, 2011 at 2:34 pm
Vellata Offline
width=

Completed 12 minutes today, using my usual methods. It's so true about meditation clearing away mental clutter. It takes time, but that's understandable, as all the mental trash has been gathered and reinforced during many years.
Oct 20, 2011 at 5:03 pm
Andria Yiasmin Offline
width=

Hi Celes!! I hope you have a nice time in Spain!!

Today I meditated for 18 minutes. Details in here: http://personalexcellence.co/forums/thre...nal?page=2

Diamonds in the rough huh?

Well I think this can be applied to every human being in general:) We all are these precious diamonds, some of us don't know it, and the only think we have to do is keep polishing:)

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:06 pm
ASLO Offline
width=
Seeker of true self

Hi Celes
day 13

yes i can catch a glimpse of the diamond obscured by the ragged blemishes of eons of not being found or searched for.....but i believe the abb 21DMC actually means 21 days to DiaMonds which are Cut....
Managed 30 mins today....and felt calm and learnt the easiest way is to satisfy your ego but the harder way is to silence you ego and silence your inner dialogue.....then is when you'd make the most of the diamond.....
P.S. Celes you haven't updated my name on Day 12

:heart: Meditation is the acknowledgement with the inner self:heart:
(This post was last modified: Oct 21, 2011 at 2:17 pm by ASLO.)
Oct 20, 2011 at 7:12 pm
toowacka Offline
width=

Hi Celes!

Regarding diamonds in the rough, through meditation I do get a sense of the numinous - the reality behind consciousness. It is that hint of peace and mindfulness that encourages me to continue with meditation, to seek that diamond.

Meditated 20 mins today, with two guided meditations from Oasis (at recommendation of Leah). I was a little tired but found them relaxing. I did feel like I was cheating a little, as a guided meditation feels passive in comparison to the solo meditations I'm used to. Sometimes meditation can be a bit of a battle, so this was a nice change.

Some admin stuff - I started 21DMC four days after everyone else, and have tracked meditations from the start. However as I sometimes got locked out of days, from now on I'll just post in the current day so I can continue with the group. Details are on my page, but overall times:

Day 5 (my day 1): 15 mins
Day 6: 25 mins
Day 7: 0 mins
Day 8: 10 mins
Day 9: 18 mins
Day 10: 12 mins
Day 11: 11 mins
Day 12: 0 mins
Day 13: 20 mins

Good luck everyone, I hope you are finding this journey as rewarding as I am!
Oct 20, 2011 at 9:39 pm
eysqueen Offline
width=

Day 13

7 min

if you can't laugh at yourself...;)
Oct 20, 2011 at 10:10 pm
Celes Offline
width=

(Oct 20, 2011 at 7:12 pm)ASLO Wrote:  P.S. Celes you haven't updated my name on Day 12

Apologies - thanks for the heads-up, ASLO! I've updated my sheet offline and it'll be reflected in the next update when I post Day 14's thread.

(Oct 20, 2011 at 9:39 pm)toowacka Wrote:  Some admin stuff - I started 21DMC four days after everyone else, and have tracked meditations from the start. However as I sometimes got locked out of days, from now on I'll just post in the current day so I can continue with the group. Details are on my page, but overall times:

Yes, good call toowacka! The days are supposed to reflect the official days in 21DMC, and *not( the days in which the participant starts off his/her meditation. I already wrote about this in Day 6's thread. For the participants who started Day 1 with everyone, there wouldn't be any confusion, but for those who started late there may be some confusion there. Anyway now that you're posting in the current day, you'll be moving ahead in the same pace as the group, so all's good.

"If you want to get something you have never gotten before, you have to do something you have never done before."
(This post was last modified: Oct 20, 2011 at 10:23 pm by Celes.)
Oct 20, 2011 at 10:22 pm
Apu Offline
width=
Combat Hero

I haven't completed the assignment I have yet, so I meditated for 37 minutes today.
Oct 20, 2011 at 10:33 pm
zoom6628 Offline
width=

12 minutes evening meditation this time. Effect not so good physically or mentally. Will stick with the morning routine. My diamonds seem to get rougher as the day gets longer...maybe Im getting gunk on them to prevent the light shining through. Tomorrow go back to morning meditation - physically feels better, mentally sets me up for the day.
Oct 20, 2011 at 11:50 pm
Atira Offline
width=

Day 13: Time 11 minutes
I agree that we are all diamonds in the making and some of us find it easier or harder to get on with it.
I meditated for 11 minutes this evening ...and it gave me a sense of balance and stability.
Oct 21, 2011 at 1:45 am
christinick Offline
width=

Week one went so easily and this week has been so hard! I feel like I got back on track today, though.

25 minutes of guided meditation.

I went back to the positive visualization one that was hard for me last week, because I've been re-reading Napoleon Hill, and it fits so well. Since I did my homework with him, the meditation went much more smoothly.

Overall, I feel much more relaxed, although today I'm still feeling super-emotional. Just happier in general. :)
Oct 21, 2011 at 4:28 am
ilianaki94 Offline
width=

Today I meditated for 9 minutes
Oct 21, 2011 at 5:23 am
MissOhlsson Offline
width=
Hello sunshine :D

Hi!

I did 50 min of meditation today. Started with the yoga and then moved on to a still, laying down meditation.
Tonight was really awesome and details are in my journal.

I do understand what you mean by "diamonds in the rough" and I feel I'm getting closer every time I meditate. Tonight though, I saw a Rubin. So I'll start there... ;)
Oct 21, 2011 at 5:34 am
Leah Offline
width=

10 minutes for me today
Oct 21, 2011 at 5:52 am
irvine Offline
width=

Day 13: 25 minutes of Swimming meditation

Something different today! I decided to combine swimming with meditating. Amazing how one can meditate in different ways, even when moving. Details are in the journal, sure is something I will do again!
Oct 21, 2011 at 9:14 am
Celes Offline
width=

(Oct 21, 2011 at 9:14 am)irvine Wrote:  Day 13: 25 minutes of Swimming meditation

Something different today! I decided to combine swimming with meditating. Amazing how one can meditate in different ways, even when moving. Details are in the journal, sure is something I will do again!

For sure, irvine! :D I would meditate as well whenever I was swimming back in Singapore. Otherwise it tends to get pretty boring (being underwater and having little stimuli to work with and all).

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:35 am
ksbisnauth Offline
width=

15 minutes today! :)

I did 5 in the morning just cause and did the remaining 10 this evening. So far so good :D
Oct 21, 2011 at 10:23 am
annanabananamc Offline
width=

Day 13: 8 minutes

Today I didn't meditate in the morning because I was substitute teaching and busy getting ready. Now it's later in the evening and I squeezed in a little time. I used a meditation that is for relaxing, it's from a program I did when I was dealing with some serious anxiety a few years ago, brought on by hormonal shifts during menopause. It was very interesting tonight, remembering how I sort of clung to this meditation like a lifeline during that anxious time, and now, listening from a more grounded and centered place, I was able to relax so much more deeply.
Oct 21, 2011 at 10:44 am