Current time: 09-02-2014, 08:24 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

21DHL Day 0 - Pre-Work
CraneFist Offline
width=

I'd like to wake earlier to end the habit of waking late for work and having to skip breakfast and starting the day half asleep and in a horrible mood.
I start work at 7am so I will get up at 5:30 and have a healthy breakfast.

I'd like to be able to run for more than 2 minutes before I collapse. I'd like to be able to do more than 10 push ups before I collapse!
I will start running 3 times a week and doing push ups and sit ups every night after work.

I would like to eat no junk food – I don't eat a lot now but NONE would be better! I should probably eat less cheese, too...

Finally, I would like to lose my (not huge) beer belly. This, of course means a drastic cut on my alcohol intake. I intend to allow myself a quick drink after work on a Friday (because I REALLY need it!).

This will all start with a sober New Year's Eve and a run on New Year's Day.

Well excited :D
12-31-2010 02:20 AM
Find all posts by this user
lotusbleu Offline
width=

In my ideal state of being & living:
• I'll drink more water, eat more fruits & veggies, detox on a regular basis.
• I'll re-energise through near-daily working-out, de-stress by yoga-ing & meditation, rejuvenate through adequate sleeping.

At the end of the 21 days in 21DHL, I hope to:
• Settle into my fitness regime - working out at least 1 hour every day (or at least 3 times a week)
• Establish a sleep / bedtime routine & habits - sleeping by 2359H and waking by 0530H.
• Cultivate good eating/drinking habits - drinking at least 8 glasses of water & eating fruits & vegetables everyday.

My 21-day Action Plan is to:
• Kick start my fitness regime & run training as early as 1 Jan.
• Make workouts fun by having a good mix of cardio, strength & toning activities.
• Progressively increase the number of times of workouts a week, or the number of hours a day.

The 3 to 5 things that will help me live true to my 21-day Action Plan
• Be an early riser!
• Be disciplined.
• Be focused.

At the end of the 21 days in 21DHL, my envisioned outcome of myself at the end of 21 days is:
• Feeling unstoppable & strong.
• Being confident.
• Looking fit, toned & sporty
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2010 10:10 AM by lotusbleu.)
12-31-2010 02:28 AM
BarryDH Offline
width=

Celes, all -

My plan is simple: Each day -
1000 calories per day- balanced diet.
45 min treadmill
15 min stretching
15 min weights
30 min meditation
1 gal water (4 oz water each 15 min)
Zero alcohol intake
Caffeine intake 2 cups max.

Plus 30 min each weekday & 2hs on weekend days on my Project (re organization of home office)

The 21 day goals are:Weight loss (10# min), Increased aerobic capacity, muscle mass & tone, the establishment of a foundation for new habits in diet and exercise, and personal time management.

Goals beyond 21 days includes total loss of 30#, and planning and achievement of several personal and professional goals.

Good luck to all.

BarryDH
12-31-2010 02:31 AM
koel Offline
width=

In my ideal world, I would weigh 50 kgs, have a toned body, healthy hair and skin. I’d be fit enough to be able to trek to the highest mountains and explore nature as that gives me peace of mind like nothing else. I’d run for an hour six days a week. Practice Yoga and meditate everyday. I’d also eat food which makes me feel good not only while eating it but also afterward.

My 21DHL goals are:

• Run for half an hour three days a week
• Practice Yoga and meditate four days a week
• Not eat any junk food
• Eat one fruit a day

Action steps:
Wake up at 6 on Sun, Wed and Sat to go running.
Practice Yoga and mediate on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday after work.
Eat more home food.
When eating out, go to salad places only.
Buy fruits for 3 days at a time and have in the morning.
12-31-2010 02:31 AM
Ish Offline
width=
redefining myself

PREWORK

Step 1: Write your ideal vision for your health/fitness/lifestyle

In my ideal world, I will be healthy and fit and full of energy. I will weigh around 65Kg (which is more than my "theoretical" ideal weight, but I do not want to lose more than that).
I will be eating healthy vegetarian meals, with more veggies and fruits. And healthy proteins.
I might be raw vegan for some meals
I drink at least 1.5lts water everyday and a few cups of green tea (no more soda and coffee)

I will be exercising nearly everyday. I will go to the gym regularly. Alternatively, walking. I will practice yoga and tai chi regularly.
I will also meditate almost daily and also sleep well .

Step 2: What do you want to accomplish at the end of 21DHL?

I will not be able to achieve all of the above in 21 days. However, these 21 days will help me create the necessary habits to achieve my goals.
By the end of the 21 days, going to the gym at least 3 times per week will be a normal habit.
I think losing 3kg would be a good target for the 21DHL.

Step 3: Create your 21-Day Action Plan!

Exercise 1hr every Mon, Wed, Fri

Food:
- No cheese
- No chocolate
- No soft drinks
- Take Skim milk or soy milk
- No more bread for breakfast; try alternatives like oatmeal

Wake up early (6am for first week, 5:30 as from 10th Jan)
Meditate at least 10 mins
No more idle browsing and playing games on fb

Planning is the key. Every Sunday will be meal planning and food shopping day.
I will also be taking home prepared food for lunch during the week.

I've already got my first week's meal plan. Ready and impatient to start :dance::dance:
12-31-2010 03:17 AM
rohit.kshirsagar Offline
width=
Phoenix
Rainbow 

Hi everyone!
I'm glad to share my action plan for the 21DHL challenge

Please find my Work Book here: http://goo.gl/gcdKc
& here's my action plan: http://goo.gl/7eiGJ (check the Jan sched)

@celestine & others: any comments/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

thanks,
Rohit
12-31-2010 03:18 AM
Apostle H Offline
width=

At the end of the 21 days I want to have developed a good exercise habit and lose at least 5 lbs or more. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I want to have established the habit of being an early riser but making the rising early productive. On the road to a better and healthier me. :)
12-31-2010 03:22 AM
Chestnut Offline
width=
Dreamer

My intentions for the challenge is to live a healthier life, so I get more energy through the day. I want to learn to take better care of myself, so I can focus more on my goals and get more things done.

I have set up an 21-day action plan consisting:
- Eating at the same times each day
- Healthy meals
- Jogging 3 times a week + pilates 3 times a week
- Time to rest
- Someting each week to rest
- Take better care of my body, teeth and my life in general
- Meditate regulary
- Spend more time in fresh air

I have also a list of things I want to include in my daily routine (actually almost like your list Celes: http://personalexcellence.co/blog/healthy-living/)

I think it is important for me to have a detailed calendar were I fill in what I have to do day by day. My main focus is to follow what I have planned and do every task the best way possible. Hopefully, the next month is going to help me to get good routines and reach all my goals for a healthy life. Feeling that I'm really looking forward to january now :D
12-31-2010 03:27 AM
Maji Offline
width=
Life Adventurer

1: Ideal vision for your health/fitness/lifestyle

I get up early before anyone else is awake in order to have the solitude for my morning routine: meditation, journaling, and preparing a healthy breakfast. I will use my evening routine to floss and rinse with my Neti pot before bed.

I go to the gym for weight training 3 times per week. On one other day, I do interval training. Every day, I participate in some kind of movement: hitting golf balls at the driving range, riding my bike, participating in a dance class, or just going for a walk.

I plan my meals and make sure I have the ingredients I need. I make sure that I eat when I am starting to feel hungry and not leave it till I am too hungry to wait. I prepare the food, put it on a plate, and sit down to eat it without the distraction of TV, newspaper, etc.

I concentrate on the task at hand, eschew multi-tasking, keep the TV off unless I am actively watching something, and cultivate patience. I also plan and enjoy a weekly “escape” where I get out and do something away from home/work, something unrelated to my work.

2: What do you want to accomplish at the end of 21DHL?
  • I will be firmly established in following my daily routines so they become unconscious actions.
  • My “Body Fat Percentage” will be below 30%. (I'm within healthy limits for someone of my age, but it's at the upper limit)
  • I will be leaner and fitter, and my clothes will feel a bit loose.
  • I will have more energy and will look forward to getting up from my desk and engaging in movement activities.

3: 21-Day Action Plan
  • Strength training at gym – Monday afternoon, Wednesday morning, Friday afternoon
  • Start Interval Trainings – Thursday afternoons
  • Go for a 15-minute walk (or other movement activity) – daily
  • Follow morning and evening routines - daily
  • Plan meals and list items on grocery list – Sundays and Wednesday evenings
  • Plan weekly “escape” for upcoming week – Sunday evening

4: Action
  1. Get out of bed when I wake up instead of lolling under covers (I don’t use an alarm clock – lucky to be a natural early waker)
  2. Remind myself to concentrate on the task at hand and not think about what else I have planned
  3. Take the time to plan and prepare meals
  4. Avoid even considering my “excuses” to skip exercise

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

~The Summer Day, Mary Oliver
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2010 04:18 AM by Maji.)
12-31-2010 03:49 AM
angielee Offline
width=
be the change

(12-30-2010 03:12 PM)icklewissy Wrote:  By the end of 21DHL, I want to be free of back pain and at least 3 lbs. lighter. I want my progress to show that I can balance school, work, motherhood, and a fitness schedule, while adopting healthier eating habits.

Action steps: getting up at an earlier, consistent time; not procrastinating by surfing the internet or watching Netflix, eating more protein rich foods that are high in Omega 3's, dark, green vegetables and beets, exercising 3-5 hours per week, going to an exercise studio at least once per week, reminding myself to maintain a good posture, and banning pizza.

These action steps are necessary, because I often sacrifice one thing for another; ie. schoolwork over exercise and vice versa. Lack of sleep usually leaves me too tired to make a nutritious meal and/or exercise and I end up wasting my time with mindless activity. Eating and sleeping well will help with my energy level.

Great Plan!! Very similiar to mine, especially the part about not surfing the web so much. Best of luck to you!
12-31-2010 03:49 AM
Ninschubur Offline
width=

I´ll be a spotlight for people who meet me. I´ll be beautiful, sporty and likeable. I´ll be smart and i won´t let any unhappiness control my life. I will know the “what purpose” of my life and will lay the “how will I get there” in the hand of life itself.

To get there, my steps in 21 days have 4 key-themes:

1) Weight not over 73 kg (now 76 kg).

To get there, I will continue to play badminton twice a week and start with additional jogging once a week. I will disclaim junk food and high calorie food and I will definitively stop eating when I am not hungry just because the plate is not empty.

2) Spending a cap of 9 hours at work.

I will got to bed not after midnight, so I can get up early and go to work early. I will not reach this goal in the end, because of annual statements everey january, but I will do my very best beneath it.

3) Showing love and kindness.

To make this easier for me, I will connect to the positive things in life and will avoid most of the negative people around me, especially one particular workmate.

4) Loving yourself.

To help me, I will remind me of a good posture & appearance, I will begin to breathe deeply & meditate every evening. I will not let any negativity and complaining in my life (maybe I will get an Complain-box for my bureau). In the end, I will develop my life´s purpose and start a family.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2010 04:46 AM by Ninschubur.)
12-31-2010 04:40 AM
Ashta Offline
width=
Classics Nerd

There are lots of positive goals above! Good luck to everyone! Here are mine:

Fitness
My 21DHL goals are to reach 62 kilograms and to exercise every second day.

Lifestyle
By the end of the challenge I will be getting up at 5:00 am.

Diet
I want to eat a completely vegetarian diet (I rarely eat fish any more, so this should be easy) which incorporates lots of fresh vegetables and fruits. I will not drink more than one coffee a day and I will cut out sugary drinks entirely. I will eat salad daily and cut back on how many carbs I eat (I won't eat as much pasta, I'll completely eliminate 2 minute noodles, and I won't eat those naughty toasted sandwiches!). I will also avoid alcohol.
12-31-2010 04:50 AM
Bushra Offline
width=
Per aspera ad astra!

My Action Plan for the 21DHL:

- exercise for 30-45 minutes daily
- drink 2-2.5 litres of water daily
- water-fast for one full week
- quit soda completely (don't drink it even if everybody is!)
- quit junk food completely (don't eat it even if everybody is!)
- wake up earlier, say 6/7 am
- sleep earlier, say 10/11 pm
- limit complaints to 0 per day
- stop procrastinating important things
- do the brain-dump exercise daily
- do my morning & evening rituals daily

Wishing everybody good luck,
Bushra
12-31-2010 05:48 AM
icklewissy Offline
width=

(12-30-2010 09:00 PM)Celes Wrote:  
icklewissy Wrote:Action steps: getting up at an earlier, consistent time; not procrastinating by surfing the internet or watching Netflix, eating more protein rich foods that are high in Omega 3's, dark, green vegetables and beets, exercising 3-5 hours per week, going to an exercise studio at least once per week, reminding myself to maintain a good posture, and banning pizza.

These sound fantastic! What kind of exercises are you planning to do in your 3-5 hours every week? :D

-Barre 3 DVD (40 mins)-a highly effective amalgamation of yoga, pilates, and ballet barre work
-Hulahooping with 4lbs. Sports Hoop (20 mins)
-Barre 3 Studio (60 mins)
-Take dog for a walk (20 mins)

From Exercise TV:
-Yoga Sculpt (30 mins)-vinyasa yoga routine
-Natural Lift (10 mins)chest workout
-Cardio Kickbox (20 mins)a kickbox routine that is very easy on the joints

I have developed an interchangeable workout plan that I have been utilizing for the past 3 months. I print out a calendar from iCal and write down what I think I can get away with. I put a check mark next to what I have done and and 'x' next to what I did not do. I tally up the amount of minutes of exercise I did for the day and write it down on the bottom-right corner of the day and circle it. On the bottom-left corner, I put the cumulative amount from the beginning of the week and mark it with a square, so that I could know how much more exercise I should be doing in order to get to at least 180 minutes for the week. I also have been crossing off the dates. This has allowed me to do at least 3-4 hours of exercise each week.

My plan has to be interchangeable depending on my daughter's mood and if she is away or napping or if her dad is able to keep an eye on her. I can't hoop or kickbox when she is near me because I don't want to injure her. Sometimes I can't do yoga because she has a penchant for sitting on me or lying under me when I'm in plank pose. Going into the Barre 3 studio will help me kill at least 1/3 of my goal time without worrying about my daughter.

All of the exercise I do is low impact because I have hip and knee problems and these exercises have given me good results for my body type.

(12-31-2010 03:49 AM)angielee Wrote:  Great Plan!! Very similiar to mine, especially the part about not surfing the web so much. Best of luck to you!

Thanks! Good luck to you as well!

(Hey ickle, thanks for your great responses!! In your replies though, quote just the relevant portions and not the whole thread as it'll jam up the forums. I've edited this post but need your help for future replies! Thanks a lot! Read more here. - Celes)
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2010 01:21 PM by Celes.)
12-31-2010 05:53 AM
McT73 Offline
width=

(12-31-2010 12:01 AM)Carol_C Wrote:  Mc - I need to work on the emotional eating habit myself. I am making a list of things I can do rather than reach for the chocolate. I wish you the best on your 21 day path.

I wish you luck as well! De-attaching the emotions is so hard! A list is a great start, though - I need to make one for myself as well!
12-31-2010 07:11 AM
rossbertoloni Offline
width=

Hi All
I'm very excited to do this . This is my very first one I'm actually going through with .

Please find my
Work plan

Action Plan

Comments would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Ray
12-31-2010 08:12 AM
Dino Offline
width=
Revolutionizer

Hello,

it will do the 21-Trial-Programme to:

My goals are:

1. Wake up daily at 5am
2. Learning responsible and in a good maner with a lot of discipline for the exams in January
3. Eating healthy food
4. No alcohol
5. Checking E-Mails once a day
6. No procrastination
7. Reading one important article on Personal Excellence blog every day
8. No cursing, no complaining, no gossiping or justyifing about others!
9. Not playing games at all
10. No day dreaming
11. Meditation
12. Filling my Organizing Book everyday with something important
13. Go on Facebook once a week

Regards

-Tiago
12-31-2010 08:30 AM
Thulemin Offline
width=
Daughter of the winds

Woho, so many goals!

Ok, I did mine this morning (woke up at 6.30am to do specifically that)... and got carried away. I'm sure I'll be able to do all of that if I stick to it, as all of you, so I'll keep sharing on the forum for more accountability :)

I wrote like 2 pages + action plans, here are the links if you want to check them out:
http://bit.ly/hsHmLu for my action plan
http://bit.ly/e7lL6K for the Day 0 brainstorm
(They're google documents)

But for an over-view, here's what I'm planning:

- Drop to 62kg (currently at 65kg)
- Drink 2L per day
- Stop coffee, chocolate & alcohol
- Wake up early every single day
- Stretch 10 minutes every morning
- Meditate 10 minutes at the end of each afternoon
- Eat one apple a day & strive to have 5 portions of fruits / veggies
- Be able to do 8 normal push-ups
- Be able to do the one-hand cartwheel and a monkey vault (parkour stuff)
- Be able to run 6km twice a week
- Eat a more brown-carb diet

Good luck to all of you :)

An eye for an eye only ends up making the world blind. (Gandhi)
http://matsallehrempit.wordpress.com
12-31-2010 10:12 AM
Adrienne Offline
width=
adorpheus.com

At the end of the 21 days, I want to lose 3-6 lbs, and totally cut (refined) sugar and gluten out of my diet. I want my diet to be 50% raw.

I want to exercise every day (when possible) and do it in the morning before I get carried away with doing other things! And meditate on a regular basis

12-31-2010 10:38 AM
dweird1 Offline
width=

My plans for the 21 days are to really try and lay the groundwork for a better lifestyle. I want to eat more healthily, drink more water and less coffee, exercise a bit more. I see this as the start of a long term plan, by the end of 2011 I want to have changed my diet completely, lost weight and toned up.
12-31-2010 10:40 AM