Passionate Advocate of Life
Joined: Sep 2010
Hey everyone, and welcome to Personal Excellence Forums
! I'm Celes, and on behalf of the whole community here, I thank you for dropping a visit here. This is a community forged with love and will continue to be forged in passion, excellence, courage, truth and love for one another.
Forum Rules & Regulations
To ensure a conducive environment for growth, simple guidelines have been put in place. Please follow them to be considerate to other forum members.
How To Upload Attachments
- Do Not Quote Entire Posts. If you're quoting others in your replies, please only quote the *relevant* line, paragraph or section in your reply, not the *entire chunk*. Edit out the irrelevant parts of the quoted text before you hit reply. Do not quote the entire posts because you're making other readers weed through the huge pile of text just to sieve out relevant points. It's VERY poor forum etiquette and makes it very difficult for others to read the threads. If you're replying to the first post or latest post of a thread, there's no need to quote it at all. The readers will naturally need to read the person posting above you as they are reading the thread.
For more on how to quote in the forums, please check out the video tutorial: How To Quote Text in PE Forums.
- Preview Your Posts Before Posting. Be consider to other members - Preview your post and check everything appears right before posting. Clean up the code if there are incomplete tags. The forum uses myBB Code. You can either use the simple to use editor to format your posts or you can type your code manually. Read up on myBB tags here. There have been cases where members make posts with wrong/incomplete tags and the resulting post looks awkward/weird. This makes it hard for other members to read and understand what you're trying to say.
- No Affiliate Links Allowed. As of March 30, 2011, affiliate links are banned. This is because there have been too many affiliate links springing up and it seemed like we are regressing in the vision of what the forum should be - which is an open place where we selflessly share, help and support each other without any intention to profit or benefit. It was hard to read a post without wondering whether the link was posted as genuine sharing or as part of a profiteering agenda. In a way, it seemed like the integrity of the forum was losing its place. For the benefit of all members, let's peruse this as an open forum where we authentically share, learn and support each other in our growth.
- Uploading Image attachments:
- You can easily upload screenshots in your posts. Simply click "New Reply" (not "Quick Reply") - the attachment option appears below the area where you normally type/edit your new posts.
- However, if you don't see the option to attach images, it's due to a forum glitch. Please upload your images to http://photobucket.com/ or http://imgur.com/ and insert the images in the post instead, which will allow your image to load directly in the thread. Do not use other providers like Image Shack which don't allow hotlinking of images.
- Please ensure your screenshots/images are at a maximum width of 640. This will make it easier for other members when reading the threads.
To Maximize Your Forum Experience
- Uploading Word documents & Other attachments:
- Upload it to Google Docs
- Enable public sharing so members who want to download and take a look can do so.
- Introduce yourself: There used to be an introductions forum but I removed it as it was redundant. If you're new here, simply drop into any forum and join the discussions right away. Introduce yourself as you participate in the discussions. We all get to know each other better through daily communications.
- Create Journal: The biggest highlight of PE Forums is the journaling aspect, where members get their private space on the web to create their journals, set their goals, and document their goal achievement journey. Your journal is meant to be an accountability log of yourself to your goals/dreams.
Select the forum that matches the top priority area of your life now and start your first journal! Share your goals, devise strategies to achieve them and document your goal achievement process. Many members have created theirs and have found this journaling process to be very helpful in to achieve their personal goals. Read others' journals and support them in their journey as well. You are free to create journals in multiple forums if you wish.
- Complete your profile: If you click on "My Profile" link above, you'll see different fields like your Avatar, Name, Sex, Location, Current City and other details. Enter "User Control Panel", click "Edit Profile", and fill out as much of your profile as possible so others can know you better. Also please upload a picture/avatar too if possible.
- Set your customized Profile Title: The standard profile titles are Newbie, Junior Member, Member, Senior Member and Veteran Member. Here, you can have your customized profile title (for example, mine is Passionate Advocate of Life). So how do you do this? Enter "User Control Panel", click "Edit Profile", then at the top right corner you can enter your customized user title. Save it and you're set!
- Posting on each others' walls: I've installed a Wall in our member profiles which allow us to post personalized messages on each others' walls (very much like Facebook's Wall option). This way, you can send personal messages to each other without having to start a whole new thread! If you want privacy, you can always use the PM function.
- Reward members with Reputation Points: You can give reputation points to him/her, from a particular post or just in general. Click to the thread and scroll to the 1st post made by the original poster. At the bottom left corner of the post, click on the button to the right of the "Find" button. You can give either +1 or +2 reputation points. Separately, you can just visit the person's profile page, scroll to "Reputation" and click "Rate". You can see the number of rep points you have from your profile page and at the top right corner of every post you make.
If you need any help, go to the Feedback Box
Thanks so much everyone for reading this! Let's work together to live our best life!