It’s been two weeks since the last site update, so I thought it’s time to have another site announcement post to round up what’s been happening in the past 2 weeks
I’m going out for dinner in an hour, so I will keep this update quick
The launch of this site officially turned my personal development passion into a full-time venture. Ever since the launch, I have been quite busy managing and upkeeping it. When I’m not busy with site-related activities, I’m off with coaching work or furthering myself in personal/spiritual development materials. It feels really amazing, being kept busy every day doing something that is fully aligned with my passion. It will be interesting seeing how I manage this when I return to my day-job; I will see how the situation unfolds and adapt myself as I go along.
A quick update on the progress of my 2009 goals:
- Health, Diet:
- Higher mental clarity: When I switched from meat-based diet to vegetarianism last year, I experienced a dramatic increase in mental clarity. Now that I’m increasing the raw component of my diet, that mental clarity is going up even higher, when I didn’t think it was possible. If we see the brain as a computer, it’s as if I got an upgrade in my mental RAM.
- Increased vitality: When I go running, I’m feel myself automatically running faster, and it feels virtually effortless. It’s like I can just push myself to run as fast as I can and I can still seem to go faster. It’s really quite amazing.Because of these benefits, I’m really quite inclined to push it further and increase the % of raw in my food.
- Successfully incorporated a higher % of raw food into my diet right now. Nowadays, I vary between 25~50% raw a day, depending on whether I’m dining out.The benefits are quite astonishing, considering I’m not even all the way into raw (yet). Just to name a few:
- Cooked food is also losing its appeal to me, fast: it just tastes ‘dead’, compared to fruits/vegetables/raw food. The only things stopping me from going fully raw is:
- The availability of food options. Getting vegan food is already a challenge; getting raw vegan food makes it nearly impossible. The only ways I get my raw food is when I eat at home or make the meals myself. This makes it quite inefficient. I’m exploring ways to address this.
- Social factor. Dining is a frequent social activity and since raw veganism isn’t a mainstream diet, going fully raw will affect the social activities I can participate in. I can think of several ways to address this, but right now my plan is to keep it at a 50% raw – 50% cooked ratio and maintain it.
- Spirituality: I’ve started meditating regularly, for about 30min hour a day. It’s so enjoyable that I’m naturally inclined to just move into meditation mode these days. I’m planning to write a post about meditation in the Feb.
- Habits: I’m slowly moving into the 6am routine. I anticipate to make the full transition in Feb. Stay tuned for a full post on how to wake early in Feb too.
Connecting with Each Other
A number of you have been reaching out to me via the social networking sites (namely Facebook/Twitter), as well as via email. It’s really great corresponding with every single one of you Please feel free to connect with me via any of these mediums (links on my profile page).
Now, for some quick site updates:
I started out with a posting frequency of once every day. The main intention is to quickly establish a sizeable, quality archive for the site. Now that the archive has over 35 articles of core content, I will be removing the new entry a day update. The posting will still be frequent though, so it’s likely not going to make a difference on your end.
Some of you may have noticed the new Amazon links I’ve placed in the side bar, which features my recommended readings. Apart from that, I have also been getting several ad and affiliate requests since I set up the site. I’ll like to assure you that the primary objective of this site is and will always be to help you achieve your highest potential and get your best out of life – monetization is a secondary objective which I see as an output of fulfilling the first objective. My primary rule of thumb with advertisements is I will only feature them if its content is congruent with the theme of my site and I personally endorse it.
Two of the posts I’m working on now are on Materialism and Levels of Consciousness. I’m pretty excited about these posts, so let’s see how they turn out. Expect to see them coming in the month of February.
I’m heading out to meet my friends for dinner now – it’s at a restaurant called Sketches. It has a highly interesting concept, where you ‘design’ your own food menu.