Singapore PE Readers Meetup on July 27, 2014 (Plus My 30th Birthday Celebration!)! [RSVPs CLOSED]
Hi everyone! While we’re in the middle of the Affirmation Challenge, I’d like to announce our upcoming Singapore PE readers meetup!
Every year I have at least one PE readers meetup in Singapore (since that’s where I reside), usually in the month of June, in conjunction with my birthday that’s on June 25. To date, we’ve had three meetups! Since I was busy getting married in May and then subsequently with honeymoon and house-moving in June and July (even today), I haven’t been able to arrange a PE readers meetup for this year!
Well, I’m excited to announce our FOURTH Singapore PE readers meetup! 😀 This meetup will be a belated celebration of my birthday, as well as a farewell for one of our long-time PE reader, Wanxuan (she is the lovely lady in a grey long dress in the picture above!), who is moving to China next month to be a language teacher!
ALL of you (in Singapore) are invited, whether you’re a long-time reader or a new reader at PE!
Meetup Details (CONFIRMED)
- 7 Sensations, a vegetarian restaurant that I’ve heard much about, but have yet to try the food!! I’ve visited the place twice this week to size up the place for our meetup, and I think it’ll be a perfect cosy spot for us. I look forward to checking it out with all of you during this meetup! 😀
- Check out their website and menu at 7 Sensations.
- 279 Jalan Besar Singapore 208943. (Check out the location on Google Maps.) It’s about 10 minutes walk from Farrer Park MRT; after getting off the MRT, you have to cut through City Square Mall first, after which it’s about seven minutes by foot.
- Contact for restaurant (if you can’t find the place on that day): 6298 8198
- If you’ve been to 7 Sensations before, they are no longer at Millenia Walk, but have shifted to Jalan Besar (the address indicated above). So don’t go to the wrong place!
- 27 July / Sunday, 6:30pm (dinner). Come between 6:15 to 6:30pm to settle down and place your dinner order!
- Please don’t be late as I tend to wait for everyone to arrive first before doing introduction/ice breaking, so that we can know each other together. The problem is that those who arrive on time end up waiting, but if we start the introductions on time you’ll wind up missing others’ self-introductions… so it’s really a lose-lose scenario when someone is late! I should be there at 6:15pm (if not earlier)! Seats are reserved for us from 6pm onwards.
- Duration: Based on past meetups, it’ll likely span from two-and-a-half to three hours long. Think about it as a meetup with good friends, even though many of us have never met before! 😉
What are we going to do during the meetup? Well, get to know each other, chit chat, and discuss conscious growth topics! 😀 There’ll be no motivational ra-ra — don’t worry, whatever you don’t see it at PE, it doesn’t happen in real life — no pitches, no selling of anything, and no forcing of anyone to do anything they don’t like/want. Just a group of like-minded, growth oriented individuals (YOU!!!!) getting together to know each other. Based on past meetups, many new friendships have been forged, and it tingles me each time I see how so many awesome people have gotten to know each other thanks to PE.
If you’re curious, here are the photos of past meetups in Singapore (three so far!). Check out everyone (originally strangers, now friends!) chatting and having fun! 😉
- Singapore PE Readers Meetup, (Jun 23, 2013) – Pictures and Afterthought!
- Singapore PE Readers Halloween Meet-Up! (Oct 27, 2012)
- Singapore PE Readers Meet-Up! (Jun 24, 2012)
Please RSVP now by posting a comment with:
- Your name
- Name of any friends/family to bring along — You are welcome to bring your friends/family along, even if they don’t read PE (yet)! After all, it’s all about meeting like-minded people and making new friends. You’re welcome to the more, the merrier!
Agenda for the meetup will be getting to know each other (and giving me the opportunity to know you better!), making new friends, and having conscious discussions about life and personal growth. It doesn’t get any better than this!
As seats are limited, please only RSVP if you’re serious about coming. I’ve had past meetups where the people RSVP but don’t turn up (without any explanation), and frankly speaking, it is not cool! Do RSVP only if you are sincere about coming, because to do so otherwise will only make event planning difficult (for me) and also potentially rob someone else (who truly wants to come) of a spot.
Confirmed attendees so far:
- Sam Chong
- Drew Huang
- Ngee Key
- Samuel Lin
- Lulu Ong
- Joanne Teo
- Vanessa Huang
- John Cheang
- Sunny Lai
- Josephine Lin
- Sharon Cheng
- Wen’s friend
- Hui Min (Chua)
Update, July 26, 2014: Due to overwhelming response, we now have 40 confirmed attendees and RSVPs are now closed as we have (way) maxed out the restaurant’s seating. If you’re a confirmed attendee, your name will be listed in the attendees list below. Thanks and look forward to meeting you guys soon!!!
Update Aug 4, 2014: The pictures of the event are now up!! 😀 Check them out here: Pictures of Latest Singapore PE Readers Meetup (and My 30th Birthday Celebration) on July 27!