In my never-ending quest to make it easier for you to grow, today I’m very proud to launch the all-new Personal Excellence Quotes section!
Setting up a quotes repository has always been on my mind. However, because I didn’t want to it to be yet another quotes repository (way too many of such websites – after all, it’s easy to grab readily compiled quotes via google and slap them together onto a site), and because I wasn’t clear on the kind of proposition a quotes section would have in PE, I kept putting it off.
Last week while I was at the gym, the idea kept resurfacing. I knew it was time to act on it. I got back home and posted a quick message on Facebook to check the interest of those who follow me on Facebook. After 59 likes and 38 comments (thank you for your never ending support!), I got the message – and started work on the section right away. 2 short days later - Personal Excellence Quotes is now up and running!
Personal Excellence Quotes
So how is PE Quotes different from other quotes repository?
- Personal excellence. All quotes are hand-picked or approved by me. I only house quotes that support the message of conscious living, personal excellence, and living our best life. Quality, not quantity, is the key. I have no interest to add clutter to the system.
- More than just a quotes archive. Each quote is published in the form of a quote image – a quote superimposed on an inspirational picture that brings out the message of the quote itself. They say a picture tells a thousand words. I say having a powerful quote, matched by the right picture, drives home the message like no other. These are *perfect* for sharing on your blog, Tumblr and Facebook with your friends and family.
- Great functionality.
- The index page displays a “Quote of the Moment” (new quote every 1 hour), so you always get an new inspirational message every time you are here.
- Random quote option (can be selected from the header navigation) is a great way to get a sign from the universe. Simply think about a problem or question you are seeking an answer to, then click on the random quote link. The quote that loads may well be the answer you’re looking for.
- All quotes section gives a count of all quotes to date, with listing by category and author (by descending order, even). Hence making it easy for you to browse quotes.
- Search engine on the sidebar lets you search among existing quotes.
- Daily new quote. My plan now is to have at least a new quote a day – that means something inspirational for you every day.
- Option to subscribe to daily quotes. If you love inspiring quotes and you want new quotes sent to you in your inbox every day, sign up free for the quotes subscription via the: Quotes Feed and Quotes newsletter (these are entirely separate from the main PE feed and newsletter). Definitely unmissable. If you’re connected to me on Facebook and Twitter, you will also get the new quotes by way of my status feed updates.
… among many more.
Now there’s even more reason to check by PE every day, on top of the articles and challenges! My goal is to make PE a home for you to grow in life, and I believe this is a big step in the right direction.
(By the way, you may find some empty categories in the quotes section. That’s because it’s still new and we only have a few quotes at the moment. Don’t worry, it’ll resolve itself very soon.)
Personal Excellence / PE, *not* PEB or TPEB anymore
On the note of site announcements / community developments, some readers seem to still refer to PE as PE blog / The PE Blog / TPEB, circa 2009-2010. We stop being known as that since half a year ago. PE is now only known as Personal Excellence – ‘the’ and ‘blog’ were dropped last Oct, when I registered personalexcellence.co and rebranded the site as PE community.
While there’s a “blog” section under PE, PE is not a blog anymore. We are more than just a blog – we have evolved a huge buzzing community for people passionate about achieving excellence in life, with articles, free monthly challenges, manifestos, daily quotes, free ebooks, forums, etc multitude of personal growth resources to help you live your best life.
Of course, for those of you *still* linking to the old celestinechua.com domain in your blog / blog posts, please update it to personalexcellence.co. The old domain is going to stop redirecting to PE.co when I use it for other purposes.
Hope that clarifies it for those of you who are still perceiving / referring to PE as a blog. Here’s to making PE an even better community for people passionate about achieving excellence in life!
« Prev: [Manifesto] 10 Ways To Tell If You Are A Perfectionist
Next: [Manifesto] The Productivity Manifesto »