Launch of All-New Personal Excellence Book: Volumes 1 & 2
Hey everyone! Today I’m super excited to announce the launch of the all-new Personal Excellence Book, Volumes 1 and 2!
What is Personal Excellence Book?
Personal Excellence Book (PEBook) is the collection of the all-time classics at Personal Excellence. First published in Jul 2010 with 120 articles, there has since been a second edition released in Dec 2010 (130+ articles), celebrating the 2 years of excellence at PE.
Personal Excellence has since grown immensely with over 300 articles today, and I thought it’s now high time to release another compilation of the classics – as celebration of the soon-to-be third year of excellence!
Since there’s now a huge volume of material at Personal Excellence given that it’s almost been 3 years of growth together, it’s no longer feasible to put everything in 1 book. Hence, I’ve decided to release PEBook as individual volumes, whereby each volume will contain classics marked by the year they were published!
Introducing: All-New Personal Excellence Book!
As of today, you can now officially purchase the all-time classics of Personal Excellence in 2 volumes – Volume 1 and Volume 2. Volume 1 consists of 101 best articles of Personal Excellence in 2008-2009 (celebrating the first year of excellence), while Volume 2 consists of 101 best articles of Personal Excellence in 2010-2011 (celebrating the second and third years of excellence)!
The 101 articles in each volume include (a) all-time reader favorites at Personal Excellence in the respective years (b) bonus articles that have never been published on Personal Excellence before! Some of them are guest articles which I’ve written on other blogs, which I’ve tweaked and improved for PEBook. Others are all-new articles exclusively written for PEBook only. All in all, there are a total of 33 bonus articles, which means plenty of new material for you to read, on top of the all-time classics!
How’s that for an overload of personal excellence goodness? Now you’ll have everything you need to achieve excellence, and more!
(*Note that PEBook Volumes 1 and 2 are pdf ebooks and not physical books, as ebooks make for easier distribution and is a more environmentally friendly channel.)
A quick glance at the Table of Contents…
Personal Excellence Book, Volume 1
101 Best Articles of Personal Excellence – first Year of Excellence
(articles with asterik* next to the titles are bonus articles that have never been published on PEB
Purpose & Meaning
- Are You Sleepwalking Your Life Away?
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 1: How To Find Out If You Are Living Your Real Purpose Now
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 2: Why Should You Have A Purpose? Here’s 5 Solid Reasons Why
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 3: Why Earning Money Is Not Your Real Purpose (And How To Know What Is)
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 4: Two Important Things that Led to My Discovery of My Real Purpose
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 5: 6 Things to Consider Before Discovering Your Purpose
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 6: Discover Your Purpose in the Next 30 Minutes
- How To Discover Your Real Purpose in Life, Part 7: Living in Alignment with Your Purpose
Awareness & Growth
- What is Your Consciousness Level? Map of Consciousness
- 15 Ways To Raise Your Consciousness* (bonus content)
- Discover Your Values* (bonus content)
- You Always Have A Choice
- Get Your Big Rocks In First
- Increase Your Mental Clarity In Just 15 Minutes
- Write A Letter To Your Future Self
- The Future Prediction Exercise* (bonus content)
- Create Your Life Handbook
- Blind Spots In Personal Growth
- Living in Liberation
- How To Create Real Change In Life: Address Root Cause vs. Effects
- Finding Your Inner Self
- If Your Life Was A RPG, What Type Of Character Would You Be?
- You are the CEO of Your Life
- The Myth of Perfectionism, Part 1: 10 Ways To Tell If You Are A Perfectionist
- The Myth of Perfectionism, Part 2: 6 Downsides of Perfectionism
- The Myth of Perfectionism, Part 3: How To Overcome Perfectionism: 8 Simple Steps
Goals & Success
- 6 Important Reasons Why You Should Set Goals
- 101 Things To Do Before You Die – Creating Your Bucket List
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 1: Goal Achievement: Introduction
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 2: Goal Achievement: ESPER
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 3: Goal Achievement: Establish
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 4: Goal Achievement: Strategy
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 5: Goal Achievement: Planning
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 6: Goal Achievement: Execution
- How To Achieve Any Goals With Success, Part 7: Goal Achievement: Review
- Keep Your End Objective In Mind
- Is Your Goal Worth 30 Minutes of Your Time Every Day?
- Skills Development
- Leveling Up
- 10,000 Hours To Develop Talent
- Quitting To Win
- Using Your Environment to Achieve Your Goals
- To Get What You Want, First Admit You Want It
- Know your WHAT first, then Devise your HOW
- Not Getting What You Want? Time To Change Your Actions
- 25 Useful Brainstorming Techniques
- Cultivate Life Transforming Habits in 21 Days
- Waking Early: Why I Wake Up Early (And 9 Reasons You Should Do So Too)
- 21 Tips To Wake Up Early
- Quitting Soda: 5 Reasons To Quit Drinking Soda (& How To Do It)
- Improve Your Posture: 5 Benefits Of A Good Posture (& 13 Tips To Do It)
- Being On Time: 17 Tips To Be On Time
- Meditate: 10 Reasons You Should Meditate
- How To Meditate In 5 Simple Steps
- Vipassana Meditation 10-Day Course
- Lose Weight: 25 Of My Best Weight Loss Tips
- 55 Tips to Manage Work Stress
- [Delete] Button
- How To Overcome Fear, Part 1: 4 Reasons We Should Overcome Fear
- How To Overcome Fear, Part 2: Uncover the Root Cause of Fear* (bonus content)
- How To Overcome Fear, Part 3: 9 Steps To Overcome Fear* (bonus content)
- Do You Dread Growing Older?
- Materialism Breeds Unhappiness
- How To Overcome Disappointment, Part 1: Why Disappointment Is Good
- How To Overcome Disappointment, Part 2: Are You Letting Your Disappointments Destroy You?
- How To Overcome Disappointment, Part 3: How To Deal With Disappointment
- How To Overcome Disappointment, Part 4: My Experience with Disappointment and How I Overcame It
- How To Be The Most Confident Person In The World
People Skills & Relationships
- You are the Average of the 5 People You Spend the Most Time With
- Are You Emotionally Generous?
- Are You Looking For A Relationship To Complete Yourself?
- How To Deal With Energy Vampires: 8 Simple Tips
- How To Deal With Dishonest People
Productivity & Getting Things Done
- Become the Master of Your Time
- Put First Things First
- Boost Your Productivity in 50 Ways
- Law of Diminishing Returns
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 1: Why Overcome Procrastination?
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 2: Procrastination – Symptom of An Issue
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 3: 1st Root Cause – Lack of Desire
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 4: 2nd Root Cause – Fear
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 5: How To Overcome Procrastination
- How To Overcome Procrastination, Part 6: 11 Practical Steps To Overcome Procrastination* (bonus content)
- Self Discipline is Overrated
- How To Achieve More With Less in Life, Part 1: The 80/20 Principle
- How To Achieve More With Less in Life, Part 2: Why You Should Not Resist 80/20 Principle
- How To Achieve More With Less in Life, Part 3: Apply 80/20 to Your Life Now in 3 Simple Steps
Passion & Dreams
- Passion or Money?
- The Howling Dog Story
- How To Overcome Fear Of Loss And Pursue Your Dreams
- Pursuing Your Passion With No Money
- Passion Paycheck
Motivation & Inspiration
- 101 Most Inspiring Quotes of All Time, Volume 1
- 101 Most Inspiring Quotes of All Time, Volume 2
- 101 Most Inspiring Quotes of All Time, Volume 3
- 101 Most Inspiring Quotes of All Time, Volume 4
- Declutter Your Home in 8 Easy-to-follow Steps
- How To Create an Inspirational Room
- Why I Openly Share My Life With You, The Media And The World
- End of 2008: Reflection, and Moving Onward to 2009
- 2009 Reflections: 2 Biggest Things I Learned, 15 Key Highlights and A Big Thank You To You
Personal Excellence Book, Volume 2
101 Best Articles of Personal Excellence – second-third Years of Excellence
(articles with asterik* next to the titles are bonus articles that have never been published on PE)
Awareness & Growth
- 101 Ways To Live Your Life To The Fullest
- 101 Important Questions To Ask Yourself in Life
- 101 Ways To Be a Better Person
- How Are You Faring In Your Life Now? – The Life Wheel
- Are You Putting Any Parts of Your Life On Hold?
- Are You a Self-Help Junkie?
- How To Know What You Want To Do In Life
- How To Break Out Of Recurring Patterns In Life* (bonus content)
Goals & Success
- 10 Surefire Ways To Live Below Your Full Potential* (bonus content)
- 30 Ways To Live a Life of Excellence* (bonus content)
- 7 Habits of Highly Excellent People* (bonus content)
- How To Finish What You Start: 10 Important Tips
- 9 Immediate Tips To Stay Focused on Your Goals* (bonus content)
- 7 Reasons Why You Are Not Getting What You Want (And How To Address Them)* (bonus content)
- 5 Essential Steps To Deal With Rejection* (bonus content)
- 6 Timeless Principles To Deal With Resistance And Excel in Life* (bonus content)
- When Goals Stop Working
- 58 Noteworthy Resolutions For The New Year
- Why I Do Year End Reviews (And 6 Important Questions To Ask Yourself in Your Review)
- Which Area Of Your Life Do You Want To Transform This Year?
Cultivate Life Transforming Habits
- Is Your Routine Empowering You?
- 21-Day Lifestyle Revamp Program
- 14 Tips To Successfully Cultivate New Habits* (bonus content)
- Be TV-Free: Top 10 Reasons You Should Stop Watching TV
- Dressing: 5 Quick Tips To Dress for Success* (bonus content)
- Manage Emails Effectively: 11 Tips To Effective Email Management
- Run Barefoot: 10 Reasons You Should Start Barefoot Running
- 45 Tips To Live a Healthier Life
- Recipe: Delicious Veggie Vegan Wrap
- Raw Recipe: Summer Fresh Salad
- My 21-Day Fasting Experiment
- My Fasting Logs: Days 0 – 21
- My Post Fast Logs: Days 1 – 4
- My Fasting Review
- Fasting Update: 1 Month Post-Fast
- 12 Tips To Achieve Fasting Success
- Your Fasting Q&As, Answered
- 13 Helping Points When Things Don’t Go Your Way
- 60 Things To Be Grateful For In Life* (bonus content)
- 10 Useful Tips To Make New Friends
- 8 Simple Steps To Overcome Shyness* (bonus content)
- 7 Ways To Instantly Meet Like Minded People* (bonus content)
- 10 Keys To Becoming a Better Communicator* (bonus content)
- 13 Tips To Be A Better Listener* (bonus content)
- 10 Ways To Earn the Respect of Others* (bonus content)
- 7 Tips To Tackle Naysayers in Your Life
- How To Say No To Others – The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need
- 8 Helpful Ways To Deal With Critical People
- How to Handle Negative Feedback in 6 Simple Steps* (bonus content)
- How To Deal With Rude People – Co-Workers, Associates, Customers, Managers, etc
- How To Deal With Rude People – Part 2
- How To Deal With Rude People – Part 3
- 9 Useful Strategies to Dealing with Difficult People at Work* (bonus content)
- How To Have More Best Friends in Life: The Heartfelt Guide
- Why I Parted Ways With My Best Friend of 10 Years
- How To Move On From A Relationship Part-1: How I Moved On From A Heartbreak – My Journey With Love
- How To Move On From A Relationship Part-2: How I Moved On From A Heartbreak – Heartbreak and Sadness
- How To Move On From A Relationship Part-3: How I Moved On From A Heartbreak – Forgiveness, Closure and Moving On
- How To Move On From A Relationship Part-4: Top 12 Signs It’s Time To Move On From A Relationship
- How To Move On From A Relationship Part-5: 10 Steps To Move On From A Relationship
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents, Part 1: A Child’s Wish
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents, Part 2: A Pervasive, Widening Gap
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents, Part 3: Revelation and Happiness
- How To Improve Your Relationship With Your Parents: A Delicate Guide
- 10 Things To Stop Doing in Your Relationships* (bonus content)
Productivity & Getting Things Done
- The Best Productivity System There Is
- The 8 Habits of Highly Productive People
- The Not-Do List: 9 Things You Need To Stop Doing* (bonus content)
- Law of Diminishing Returns
- 22 Useful Freeware You Will Definitely Find Handy
- Why We Have Slumps And How To Get Out Of Them
- 12 Useful Ways To Get Out Of Ruts* (bonus content)
- Why You Should Take a Digital Break (and 6 Steps To Do So)* (bonus content)
- 7 Important Steps To Avoid Burnout* (bonus content)
- 18 Ways To Work Smart (vs. Just Working Hard)
- How To Get Started When You Don’t Feel Like Working* (bonus content)
Passion & Dreams
- How To Discover Your Ideal Career: Your Message and Your Medium
- How To Start When You Have Nothing
- 6 Steps To Getting Started With Something Totally New* (bonus content)
- A Guide To Pursue Your Passion With Success: 14 Essential Steps* (bonus content)
- Million Dollar Tip #1: Money is Value
- Million Dollar Tip #2: Leverage on Your Current Skills
- Million Dollar Tip #3: Address a Need
- Million Dollar Tip #4: Scale Up Your Work
- Interview: Salad Stop! – Providing a Healthy and Tasty Meal Alternative for Modern People
- Interview: Delcie’s Desserts – Delicious, Healthy Vegan Delights
- Interview: Udders – Artisan Ice Cream Created with Care and Dedication
- Interview: Citrusox – Trendy Legwear that’s Fashionable, Comfortable and Affordable
- Interview: Dann’s Daily Cafe – Offering You Wholesome, Healthier Pescetarian Delights
- Interview: Millionaire Entrepreneur Derek Sivers of CD Baby Fame
- Interview: Groupon Singapore – Acquired for $24 Million in Less than 1 Year
- Interview: Brownice – Amazing Vegan Ice Cream Like No Other
Motivation & Inspiration
- 10 Powerful and Inspiring Graduation Speeches You Don’t Want To Miss
- 15 Amazing Commercials That Will Inspire the Greatness in You
- 15 Beautiful, Inspirational Wallpapers For Your Desktop
- 25 Most Inspirational Songs of All Time
- 8 Important Personal Development Lessons To Learn From Inception
- 12 Meaningful Movies With Important Life Lessons To Learn
- 9 Proven Ways To Charge Up Your Motivation* (bonus content)
- My Letter To All of You
- My Review of 2010 (Big Thank You and Onward to 2011!)
Top 10 Reasons To Get PEBook: Volumes 1 and 2
Here are the top 10 (out of the many) reasons why you should get PEBook Volumes 1 and 2!
- Your one-stop handbook for growth. With 101 in-depth, content rich articles per volume, you’ll find Personal Excellence Book your go-to source for personal growth. The table of contents lists all the articles that links to each respective article in the book, making it easy to access the content. Not only that, the articles are arranged such that the ideas build off best from the previous article to the next. This is very useful especially since it may be hard to know where to start.
- Timeless strategies and tips. Readers of the blog will know I believe in writing timeless content that applies regardless of where we are in life or what we’re doing. You’ll find the content to be relevant and applicable whether it’s now, 1 year later, 5 years later, 10 years later or even 30 years later. The strategies and tips in this book will never become outdated, making them invaluable.
- Permanent ownership over your favorite articles. All the reader favorites of the blog are selected specially for each volume. In the past year, several readers have asked me if I’ve a book compilation of these articles as they like to own/read their favorite content. Now you can – and you don’t have to worry about losing access to your favorite content at Personal Excellence ever!
- Never seen before bonus articles. Both Volumes 1 and 2 come with bonus articles that cannot be found anywhere on PE, spanning across a range of topics from people skills, relationships, goal achievement, awareness and growth, productivity, cultivating habits, and more. Some of the articles are over 3,000 words long, which is much longer than the average blog article (about 1.7k words). That means more content to aid you in living your best life!
- Great reading experience. I’ve invested considerable time in the design of the book – from the cover, layout, formatting, to the pictures that accompany the articles. This is to make your reading experience enjoyable. Powerful, timeless content + Nice design = An ebook you’ll want to read over and over again!
- Personal excellence on the go. Being an ebook, you can read this on your mobile phone and ebook readers. Read PEBook on any of your devices that support pdf documents – be it iPad, iPhone, your notebooks, etc! Now you don’t need to connect to the net/blog just to get your daily dose of personal growth advice!
- High value for money. As the blog readers will know, I take pride in producing only the highest quality work and wouldn’t release anything unless I’m absolutely sure of its quality. The articles in each volume contain the best of the best lessons, strategies and tips in my life that are essential toward living a life of excellence. Add that with the timeless nature of the content and it’s clear why the value of each volume is immeasurable.
- Very affordable. Each volume comes packed with 101 in-depth articles, with the articles costing barely 2-3 cents each (per volume). Just to quote a couple of readers (out of over 500 people who have bought the book to date):
This is a real bargain in exchange for a handbook that has the power to help you become more conscious, take action on your dreams and create more results in your life, among many other invaluable outputs. The contents are invaluable and worth many, many times its cost, and this can be attested by thousands of readers around the world.
- Immediate access. After you make the purchase (via Paypal or Credit Card), you’ll be led to the download page immediately. There is no delivery fee, no waiting time, nada. Just check-out, make your payment and in a matter of seconds you’ll be reading the book in the comfort of your room.
- Allowing me to continue writing more free content for you. I’ve been writing relentlessly at Personal Excellence ever since I started the blog 3 years ago, and I’ve never asked for a single cent from anyone for the work I do here. Personal Excellence Book is the first product I’ve launched at the blog, and remains one of the few products I produce/sell here after 3 years of blogging.Many of you have asked me at one point or another if there’s anything you can do to contribute in my cause. This is a great way to support me and get an extremely high value guide for your growth in the process. If you appreciate the effort and advice that I dispense freely at the blog, it’ll be very much appreciated if you can show your support by buying both Volumes 1 and 2! The money I earn from PEBook will support me so I can continue to write free articles for you at the blog, produce more high quality personal development products/services and reach out to even more people in their journey of growth.
Special Offer: Get Both Volumes *Now* and Get 15% Off!
That’s not all – As with every new releases I have on PE, I want to reward all readers for continuously supporting the blog and reading it through all these years.
Personal Excellence Book Volumes 1 and 2 are already incredible value-for-money investments (only 2-3 cents per article on average). Without a doubt, you should most definitely get both volumes together, as part of your long-term investment for your growth.
To encourage everyone to start working on your growth right away, I’m giving a 15% discount for those who purchase Volumes 1 and 2 together. Simply key in the coupon code excellence at checkout.
Personal Excellence Book is a collector’s item and must have for any loyal reader of Personal Excellence. If you’ve benefited from any of the articles here at PE, then you must get your copy. This is the perfect opportunity to get the all-time classics at Personal Excellence in a one-stop guidebook – It’ll undoubtedly be a critical tool for you in your growth.
Limited Offer: Upgrade for existing owners of PEBook
For the loyal readers who have purchased a copy of PEBook since it was released in Jul 2010 – thank you so much for your support in the past year! Your purchase has helped to fuel my business – allowing me to write at Personal Excellence and give away my best content for free.
Those who purchased the old PEBook (anytime from Jul 19, 2010 to Sep 20, 2011) will have a one-time chance from now till 24 Sep, 4pm (GMT +1, London time) to upgrade their current copies to the new PEBook Volumes 1 and 2 at a special top-up price. You should have received the email with the coupon code by now – check the Paypal email you used during your previous purchase.
This option is only valid for a limited duration, so be sure to grab hold of the opportunity! Please do not share the coupon with anyone else as it’s exclusive only for the past buyers of PEBook, as a special thank you for your ongoing support.
Moving forward, I’ll releasing new volumes every year/every other year as Personal Excellence grows. It’ll be exciting to churn out new volumes of PEBook year after year, as it’s a mark of the growth of PE.
Update Sep 25, ’11: The upgrade offer is now over! You can still purchase both volumes at a great offer of 15% off. Simply key in the coupon “excellence” at check out. Thank you for your ongoing support!
Get Your Copy of Personal Excellence Book Now!
Now that all this is said, grab your copy of Personal Excellence Book: Volumes 1 and 2 now and get your discount of 15% off via the coupon excellence! I’ll love to hear your feedback once you’ve purchased your copy. Let me know if you’ve any questions in the comments area! :D
« London PE Readers Meet-Up (Aug 21, 2011) – Pictures and Afterthought!
Speaking at Wharton »